What songs are you obsessed with at the moment?

I've been listening to 'Well I wonder' a lot, on repeat. It's just so perfect. Morrissey's voice, especially the falsetto, Andy's bass line, the rain sound affect, the outro.

I think it could be my favourite Smiths song, this month ;)

Also ‘Power out’ by Arcade Fire. I’m going to see them in Glasgow at the end of the month and I can’t wait :)

I've been listening to 'Well I wonder' a lot, on repeat. It's just so perfect. Morrissey's voice, especially the falsetto, Andy's bass line, the rain sound affect, the outro.

I think it could be my favourite Smiths song, this month ;)

Are you able to listen to that song? Oh, how I envy you... I just can't, well at least not without getting really sad... :(

I've been listening to Louder Than Bombs in the past too weeks, since I bought it. I love practically everything from it, especially Sweet and Tender Hooligan and Stretch Out and Wait....

Are you able to listen to that song? Oh, how I envy you... I just can't, well at least not without getting really sad... :(
What? but it tis a great song, "hear me in your head and think of me kindly"
i love it. :D

What? but it tis a great song, "hear me in your head and think of me kindly"
i love it. :D

I absolutely adore this song but I can't listen to it cos it makes me really sad.... :(

these things take time and hand in glove!

and i've had a "how soon is now?" listening 'burst' the past month and a half because although i heard it for the first time over a year ago it took me until then to realize it's full amazing-ness, haha.

these things take time and hand in glove!

and i've had a "how soon is now?" listening 'burst' the past month and a half because although i heard it for the first time over a year ago it took me until then to realize it's full amazing-ness, haha.

I used to like Hand in Glove a lot, until I heard the Sandie Shaw-version :eek:

After seeing him perform it live twice last week I am completely obsessed with "One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell". What a brilliant song! I especially adore the "tiny children tell you that you smell" and "when I die I want to go to hell" lines. The melody is beautiful too. I can't wait for this one to come out in a studio version.

Let Me Kiss You has been my most recent obsession. Just a few weeks ago it was Tomorrow and Pigsty.

We'll Let You Know, That's How People Grow Up, the 07 live version of Why Don't You Find Out for Yourself. I like the studio version okay, not as much as most people, and I don't care much for the live version on Introducing Morrissey, but this version with the accordion is fantastic.

Is non-Moz allowed? I'm listening a lot to Never Let Her Slip Away by Andrew Gold. Showing my age, but in my defence, Victoria Wood cites it as her favourite song. OK, don't ask, I've got my anorak.

Peter

Thank you - I love that song and hadn't seen that clip - brilliant. Love it!

I've been realy getting into Late Night Maudlin Street and Speedway recently. Jack the ripper was last month!!! :D

Late Night, Maudlin Street is utterly, utterly fabulous.

Back
Top Bottom