Morrissey Central WHY HAS COMMON SENSE BECOME SO … UNCOMMON? (July 4, 2020)

I just mean he doesn't explain himself clearly - so you never entirely know where he's coming from.

Other celebrities who wade into politics tend to pick one tribe & then stick with the message of that tribe.

He's a state of flux.
There is a Golden Thread running through his ostensibly disparate references.

There is a Golden Thread running through his ostensibly disparate references.

There is - but you have to dig.

And I'm not sure he wants to be THIS level of misunderstood - is there no one sober or strong enough to give all the chatter in his head some kind of shape?

Racism, vague anti authority bullshit and sneering at the lives of ordinary people.

Yep, that’s Morrissey for you.

It's not about rasism, it's not sneering at ordinary people. How can you pretent to understand Morrissey as he is pointing it out very clearly. It's governments (And Money) that want to make you believe that you should not think for yourself. If you just took some time to study the corona numbers you'll see that those measurements are total bollocks.

Basically - Morrissey &/or SER (whoever is most interested in what) - believes that everything in the mainstream media & all authority is a lie or bad.

That's why they don't make any sense - because they're resisting the form not the content.

If you just dig a little bit deeper you'll see that it is true. Do you ever read or watch non-mainstream media?

I also find it annoying when people who earn a living out of inflammatory online debates pretend they care when people are cancelled.

They love it. They get to do videos & hot-takes & all the rest of the gruesome economy.

No he isn't. People don't have common sense. People are stupid. You now have a raft of GOP people whose common sense told them not to wear a mask now getting ill with Covid. People live for the second, not the day or week. Darwinism roots them out.

And forgive me, but the moment you start saying that a populist right-wing arsehole supported by a singer you like is the beacon of truth, you can get tae f***.

If only most people were as clever as you. Most people can only dream about being clever enough to appear on Mastermind. To fawn over a singer they later grow to despise.

Ach - I'm sorry I didn't say something. You shouldn't have to face abuse like that.

I agree. No one should. There are plenty of other things to criticize and target me over without extending into the realm of bigotry.

Ach - I'm sorry I didn't say something. You shouldn't have to face abuse like that.
he's told me in pm's that he's not the person he is online. this is an act, like everything else. he is also probably the most bigoted and critical person here. you should hear the way he talks about his ex (do you think fat shaming is a-ok?). he's also repeated to me things that other members have told him in confidence. he is not to be believed.

It's more contagious than the flu & there's no vaccine or antibiotic for it.

We don't know yet if they were overreacting - we do know we made a mess of the lockdown, by going in to late, staying in it for months & then having it come to a chaotic unofficial end.

There is a vaccine for influenza but most years it is totally ineffective because the influenza virus that comes along is not that captured in the vaccine. Influenza kills more young people than coronavirus. Coronavirus mainly kills the elderly.
The evidence on contagiousness is very mixed. NHS staff have all been offered antibody testing and the results are showing tiny proportions having antibodies. That suggests most people who are exposed don't even get the virus (so there is therefore no systemic immune response to pick up in testing). The virus particles are simply coughed / sneezed out of the nose and throat and they don't even become infected. Statistically speaking coronavirus is a relatively harmless virus. In the same way that ecstasy is a relatively harmless drug - but a tiny minority of people who take it, die. To describe it as a deadly virus is just factually inaccurate. We all take risks every day. Leaving the house, driving the car, crossing the road, drinking alcohol. The risk of dying from coronavirus is relatively low. Unless you're elderly and in a care home. The soundbite should have been 'protect the care homes' - not 'protect the NHS'.

There is a vaccine for influenza but most years it is totally ineffective
Please quote a reputable online source that can prove that assertion because I believe it is bollocks. Flu vaccines do vary in effectiveness from year to year but is generally between about 40% to 60% effective.

he's told me in pm's that he's not the person he is online. this is an act, like everything else. he is also probably the most bigoted and critical person here. you should hear the way he talks about his ex (do you think fat shaming is a-ok?). he's also repeated to me things that other members have told him in confidence. he is not to be believed.
im also quite sure i could rustle up many, MANY examples of him being homophobic and just plain hateful

There is a vaccine for influenza but most years it is totally ineffective because the influenza virus that comes along is not that captured in the vaccine. Influenza kills more young people than coronavirus. Coronavirus mainly kills the elderly.
The evidence on contagiousness is very mixed. NHS staff have all been offered antibody testing and the results are showing tiny proportions having antibodies. That suggests most people who are exposed don't even get the virus (so there is therefore no systemic immune response to pick up in testing). The virus particles are simply coughed / sneezed out of the nose and throat and they don't even become infected. Statistically speaking coronavirus is a relatively harmless virus. In the same way that ecstasy is a relatively harmless drug - but a tiny minority of people who take it, die. To describe it as a deadly virus is just factually inaccurate. We all take risks every day. Leaving the house, driving the car, crossing the road, drinking alcohol. The risk of dying from coronavirus is relatively low. Unless you're elderly and in a care home. The soundbite should have been 'protect the care homes' - not 'protect the NHS'.

It's a new virus & they're having to predict the way it'll behave, so you're going to get different predictions.

Faced with a best case scenario & a worst case scenario politicians have to decide what to do quickly or the lack of action will have decided for them.

We're not going to know what was right or wrong for a while.

It looks as if Moz and/or Sam's concern is government surveillance, media lies & police powers - which I think is paranoid, but then, Moz is paranoid & the state/law/media can do terrible things.

in fact, not only did he make fun of his girlfriends weight, he provided me with pictures to go along with it.

but now he's a delicate little flower. righhhhhht. he thinks he can just try on new personalities like other people try on clothes.

i for sure will, bun bun --but tomorrow because it's 3:30 am here! but i really just want to ask where the hell bowie bunny went?!?!?!?! he was my faaaaavvooouuurite. i came here just to look at his face :(

He'll be back! I just feel very strongly about Kanye 2020!!! Out of the three candidates so far he seems to be the sanest :lbf:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom