Why isn't Roger Waters never criticised and Morrissey always?

A

Anonymous

Sometime I agree with Moz and sometime I very very disagree.
However why isn't Roger Waters criticized for his extremists opinions and for bulling artists who want to perform in certain countries? Is this because his ideas are are considered cool because are closer to the left ethos? I general I'm ok with the idea to open criticize countries and governments around the world. But still, he can be quite extremist, but still he is widely accepted.

Think Roger Waters does get quite a bit of criticism but, naturally, mainly only from people who disagree with him. Compared to Morrissey, I suppose he's just lucky that there's not such a big overlap between his critics and his traditional audience.

Morrissey gets more hate cause he's an outspoken homosexual. There's a lot of people that still hate gay men.

No, the "loony left" from whom he allegedly gets all the "hate" these days doesn't hate gay men, so this theory doesn't hold water.

But he does get a lot of hate like "hope this whiny f***** dies" from the alt-right (just read the comments on Breitbart after Morrissey's slagging off Trump if you don't believe me), the very people he is actively flirting with.

Isn't it ironic, don't you think.

hes always praising my fitba team,glasgow celtic for raising 170,000 quid for Palestinian charities,thats after they were fined by UEFA for having Palestinian flags in the crowd at a celtic game where they played a Israeli team.hate politics in sport.think being in a supergroup gives you certain passes in the media.

ps some people in the crowd in Glasgow the other night walked out in protest,where have we heard that before.

This lack of criticism around Roger Waters, while Moz is demonized, let me think that the latter has a point about the attitude in the left. I still don't agree with everything Moz says, but I do think he has a point. I'm curious to know what Davis Haslam army thinks about Roger... I forgot to mention that I traditionally vote left parties but sometime the drive me mad.

This lack of criticism around Roger Waters, while Moz is demonized, let me think that the latter has a point about the attitude in the left. I still don't agree with everything Moz says, but I do think he has a point. I'm curious to know what Davis Haslam army thinks about Roger... I forgot to mention that I traditionally vote left parties but sometime the drive me mad.

An imaginary lack of criticism around Roger Waters can only really make a point within the confines of that imaginary world.

Unless you're meaning more specifically the double standard of Morrissey being criticised for being a racist by hypocrites who never criticise Roger Waters for not being a racist.

It might boil down to this: when was the last time Roger Waters said something gratuitously offensive?

I think you understood what I mean, and honestly I don't think Morrissey despises a particular race. I think he is still more than wrong in generalizing regarding a particular religion, but racist, no, it's another thing. On the other hand Roger Waters hate toward a particular nation and all it's population, yep it's considered ok.

Dave Haslam and many others have a go at Morrissey because they make money out of it.

On the other hand Roger Waters hate toward a particular nation and all it's population, yep it's considered ok.

That assertion is simply wrong. From this article:

"I'm not talking about the Jewish people," Mr. Waters emphasized. "The Jewish people are very divided upon this question. I am talking about the Israeli government, which is very, very right wing. The Netanyahu government."

yep of course he says this but BDS the movement his leads is promoting hate for a whole Nation. Professors should stop going to lecture in university, artist should stop playing in front of young crowds, c’mon. Anyway I leave this here as the fact people don’t understand how dangerous is his hate and how won’t help peace in the region, makes me thinks again that being critical toward the left ( that I vote myself) is a very very valid point. On this I’m with Moz

yep of course he says this but BDS the movement his leads is promoting hate for a whole Nation. Professors should stop going to lecture in university, artist should stop playing in front of young crowds, c’mon. Anyway I leave this here as the fact people don’t understand how dangerous is his hate and how won’t help peace in the region, makes me thinks again that being critical toward the left ( that I vote myself) is a very very valid point. On this I’m with Moz

#OpenBordersForIsrael

Back
Top Bottom