Why was my Morrissey Hard Drive thread moved to Off Topic?

S

Skylarker

Last night I posted a thread in General Discussion with a screengrab I'd made showing the contents of the Morrissey section of my external drive. There were immediate responses including a discussion of Kill Uncle.

Today it was moved to Off Topic. This is ridiculous and totally unnecessary.

If it HAD to be moved at all (it didn't) it should have been moved to Downloads and Bootlegs, not because there were any download links in my post (there were NONE), but because I had made a comment about how I would be willing to upload anything non-commercially available if someone saw something they needed in the screengrab.

The point of the thread was to show off my exhaustive and meticulously organized treasure trove of Morrissey files, and to engender a discussion about how other members group his material in their own computers. I was also hoping to strike up some conversation regarding bootleg shows people needed; particularly new people here who might not know certain things are available.

Please explain who moved the thread (my money is on Kewpie), why it was moved, how a thread about a Morrissey collection is "off topic" concerning Morrissey, and then -please- move it back.

Thanks.

Last night I posted a thread in General Discussion with a screengrab I'd made showing the contents of the Morrissey section of my external drive. There were immediate responses including a discussion of Kill Uncle.

Today it was moved to Off Topic. This is ridiculous and totally unnecessary.

If it HAD to be moved at all (it didn't) it should have been moved to Downloads and Bootlegs, not because there were any download links in my post (there were NONE), but because I had made a comment about how I would be willing to upload anything non-commercially available if someone saw something they needed in the screengrab.

The point of the thread was to show off my exhaustive and meticulously organized treasure trove of Morrissey files, and to engender a discussion about how other members group his material in their own computers. I was also hoping to strike up some conversation regarding bootleg shows people needed; particularly new people here who might not know certain things are available.

Please explain who moved the thread (my money is on Kewpie), why it was moved, how a thread about a Morrissey collection is "off topic" concerning Morrissey, and then -please- move it back.

Thanks.

You're always eloquent, Skylarker. Well said. I believe you deserve a response. I, for one, am interested in your post and think it should be in General Discussion.

You're always eloquent, Skylarker. Well said. I believe you deserve a response. I, for one, am interested in your post and think it should be in General Discussion.

Thanks, but children are starving; there are more important matters than these.

Back
Top Bottom