Poll Will Morrissey's tour happen or will the Coronavirus kill us all by then?

Will Morrissey's tour happen or will the Coronavirus kill us all by then?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Coronavirus will not kill us all. That's why it's spreading, because some people only have mild symptoms and don't feel ill enough to stay home. It's already too late to contain but it is not the deadly plague it's made out to be. Besides that, it would be a convenient excuse for the Mozzer.

Coronavirus will not kill us all. That's why it's spreading, because some people only have mild symptoms and don't feel ill enough to stay home. It's already too late to contain but it is not the deadly plague it's made out to be. Besides that, it would be a convenient excuse for the Mozzer.

This poll was supposed to've been a bit of fun (@12" on the slack, wretchedoutcast and hool', :) ) but you had to go all serious on us didn't you, Anonymous?

Anyway, here are some light-hearted facts from the comedians at New Scientist:

"If the spread of the new coronavirus isn’t halted, it could infect 60 per cent of the world’s population and kill 1 in 100 of those infected – around 50 million people.

This is what Gabriel Leung, chair of public health medicine at Hong Kong University, told The Guardian newspaper on 11 February. Is he right? The short answer is that no one knows, because there are many things we still don’t know about the virus.

First, can we stop it spreading globally? So far, there have been over 40,000 cases in China, and 24 other countries have reported around 300 cases. The virus is spreading much more readily than other coronaviruses that have jumped from animals into people."

More jolly times to be had here: https://www.newscientist.com/articl...ll-50-million-people-worldwide/#ixzz6F1DKsYjI

governments and media going full blown as usual,more people die of normal flu at this time of year,a few years back when we had a bad winter 25000 people died in Britain of normal flu.on the plus side you can get a flight to places like Thailand for 369 quid and hotels have 70% off.book now and when it all dies down you will be sitting with an ultra cheap holiday.

I've had my windows open all day yesterday & today...I can't catch this f***ing virus for love nor money. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, if I were a betting man, I'd go all in on these concerts not happening.

"Coronavirus: Italy's Six Nations matches against Ireland and England could be under threat"

In fact this might not be as daft a question as some might think.
There is a real risk (low/low-med maybe) that anyone attending this, or any other collective gathering (concert/cinema type event) could contract, or spread the virus. People who have it obvs won't attend, they'd be too ill, but the problem arises when those who are unwittingly carrying it, & attend this or any other type of gathering, & contaminate other people.
Depends on your appetite for risk, & I'm sure it's something which is on the radar of all organisers of such events. Mask anyone?

What Victor Virus said.

Update:

"Coronavirus: Ireland v Italy Six Nations games postponed over health concerns"

I can see the UK restricting flights into the UK within the next week or so.

The Times:

"Crowds could be banned to stem coronavirus, Scotland’s medical chief says

People could be banned from gathering in large numbers to contain coronavirus, Scotland’s chief medical officer has warned.

Catherine Calderwood cited the response to cases in Italy, where Serie A football matches are being played behind closed doors, church services in the affected regions have been cancelled and Milan’s famous opera house, La Scala, has temporarily shut down.

Speaking on BBC Good Morning Scotland, she said the government and NHS were working on “containment first” and then — if coronavirus was discovered in this country — a range of measures to try to limit the number of people infected.

“If we do have a cluster, as has happened in Italy, then we move into delaying the spread,” Dr Calderwood said."

"This CDC infographic lets you know if your facial hair won’t work with a mask

Most mustaches work, most beards don’t"

CDC_infographic.0.png

"Coronavirus: Outbreak at 'decisive point' as WHO urges action

The coronavirus outbreak has reached a "decisive point" and has "pandemic potential", World Health Organization head Dr Tedros Ghebreyesus says. His comments come as countries around the world battle to prevent the virus spreading further."

"Facebook Cancels F8 Developer Conference Over Coronavirus Concerns"

"F8 2020 was set take place from May 5th – 6th in San Jose, California."

Back
Top Bottom