Words That Don't Exist - But Should

Adeptly_Inept

19, clumsy & shy
Have you ever been berated for using language in the 'wrong' way? Or using words that don't necessarily exist?
Are there any words/phrases that you think should exist? If so, post your words/phrases along with your definition of that word/phrase!

Shakespeares of the World Unite!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Words That Don't Exist - But Should.

Ginormous. I love that word. I'm pretty sure it's a Will Farrell invention. :squiffy:

Ginormous. I love that word. I'm pretty sure it's a Will Farrell invention. :squiffy:

I believe he may have popularised Ginormous, however the word may have existed before he used it.
I could be wrong.

I just thought:

Unvention/unventive/unvented: The opposite to invention/inventive/invented

That's a good one.

I had a dream once about people discussing plans for a pogrom against Christians. The term they used for this act was some absurd, Germanesque gibberish I can only attempt to spell: "Wangnerchangel".

As for real-life instances, I can't recall any specific examples outside of adding affixes to words (bef***ed, f***itudinous, etc.), which I'm not sure really counts, since a lot of people do this.

Culpetude n. the fault, cause or origin of intellectual discourse; the spark of an idea.

humble book recommendation:

The Professor and the Madman: A Tale of Murder, Insanity, and the Making of the Oxford English Dictionary

Back
Top Bottom