“Everyone Is Horrid Except Me (And Possibly You)” Gets Officially Released (May 11, 2021)

Description:

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group
Everyone Is Horrid Except Me (And Possibly You) · Quilloughby · Lisa Simpson
Everyone Is Horrid Except Me (And Possibly You) ℗ 2021 20th Century Studios
Released on: 2021-05-11

Producer, Studio Personnel, Mixer: Mickey Petralia
Composer Lyricist: Tim Long
Composer Lyricist: Bret McKenzie

Related item:
Media items:

Official source:

Links available:

Screenshot_20210511-220235~2.png

Regards,
FWD.

If Morrissey should cover this song during one of his Vegas shows, he would show a great sense of humor. At least.

Last edited:
It does have a feel of 'What Kind Of People Live In These Houses', but with the pop sensibility of The Smiths/early Moz. The guitar solo is very New Order. Light and breezy.
No hot take from Skinny yet, can someone check up on him?

This is really funny. There are parts of the song where he really does sound like Morrissey. It's not so much the lyrics themselves, although some of the lines are funny, but the dead-on way he phrases them that just makes it so funny as a parody. I can absolutely imagine Morrissey singing this. I'd say the guitar sound is The Cure rather than The Smiths, but maybe that's what they were aiming for.

Description:

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group
Everyone Is Horrid Except Me (And Possibly You) · Quilloughby · Lisa Simpson
Everyone Is Horrid Except Me (And Possibly You) ℗ 2021 20th Century Studios
Released on: 2021-05-11

Producer, Studio Personnel, Mixer: Mickey Petralia
Composer Lyricist: Tim Long
Composer Lyricist: Bret McKenzie

Cute song.

Considering Morrissey has slagged himself off relentlessly, they can't even get that right.

Meh, to them.

Brilliant and masterful work from Bret and Tim. Superior to anything MozzZZz has put out in a decade.

It's a very good parody. The perfect 'revenge' would have been to say nothing about the episode and then cover this live. However, since he made such a strong statement... hard to imagine it happening now... but maybe?

OY funnier than back to back radish/BGV comedy posts :rage:

When I saw the school bully singing a Smiths song. I felt validated. I was unbelievably beholden to him after that day. He was a 'semi' bully. He was hard and you had to avoid him, but he was intelligent too - a whizz at maths. An intelligent bully into The Smiths. Mixed emotions at the time. An absolute privilege to hear him sing a few bars of 'how soon is now' however off key, but he felt it made him look good. He was an intelligent bully. I met him again recently and he seemed such a small and ineffectual individual, but he still struck me as very intelligent. My saving grace was having my mam working as a dinner lady at the school when I was there. If ever I was unremarkable, they'd always remember my mum. The teachers would say 'if you don't behave, I'll send you to Mrs Sharp' She wasn't harsh with them but they felt guilty because my mum knew a lot of their parents and she'd say that she'd take them over the knee if they played up. They respected my mum. She was only a dinner lady but she wielded more discipline in that place than any teacher. It used to be a running joke with my school friends if ever I saw my mum at school. They'd say 'give mammy Sharp a kiss!' and my mum would make a point of coming up to me and giving me a smacker!
Christ, your a great story teller Dale. I’m going to make a compendium of your contributions.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom