“Everyone Is Horrid Except Me (And Possibly You)” Gets Officially Released (May 11, 2021)

Description:

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group
Everyone Is Horrid Except Me (And Possibly You) · Quilloughby · Lisa Simpson
Everyone Is Horrid Except Me (And Possibly You) ℗ 2021 20th Century Studios
Released on: 2021-05-11

Producer, Studio Personnel, Mixer: Mickey Petralia
Composer Lyricist: Tim Long
Composer Lyricist: Bret McKenzie

Related item:
Media items:

This thread has made me realise that while the musical parody here is pretty good, the lyrical aspect of it is miles off target. What I love about him is his lethal combination of self-loathing and narcissism, so the song should have been called something like "God I Hate Myself (But Everybody Else Is Worse)".
In the sense of "I don't get along with myself, and I'm not too keen on anyone else"?

Description:

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group
Everyone Is Horrid Except Me (And Possibly You) · Quilloughby · Lisa Simpson
Everyone Is Horrid Except Me (And Possibly You) ℗ 2021 20th Century Studios
Released on: 2021-05-11

Producer, Studio Personnel, Mixer: Mickey Petralia
Composer Lyricist: Tim Long
Composer Lyricist: Bret McKenzie

Related item:
Media items:

Just listened to this song again. It's really good lol.

It's strange - the episode itself was a very savage 'parody' but this spoof song sounds like it was written by a fan. It's just so accurate - the guitar, the crooning. The 'parody' song has been done with strong vocals that sound more like modern-era Moz, whereas I'd expect most casual fans to associate him with flat, droning, Heaven Knows type stuff.

It's strange - the episode itself was a very savage 'parody' but this spoof song sounds like it was written by a fan. It's just so accurate - the guitar, the crooning. The 'parody' song has been done with strong vocals that sound more like modern-era Moz, whereas I'd expect most casual fans to associate him with flat, droning, Heaven Knows type stuff.
I mean, the episode was clearly written by fans as well.

I mean, the episode was clearly written by fans as well.
Fans of 80s Moz, maybe. I can't see a (modern) fan doing the whole 'pastrami' thing though, it did go pretty far. Lisa: "It's not your fault you got old", ouch.

Fans of 80s Moz, maybe. I can't see a (modern) fan doing the whole 'pastrami' thing though, it did go pretty far. Lisa: "It's not your fault you got old", ouch.
Not a passionate or pashernate thing to say to a man who sings so well.

Yeah, definitely not written by fans of Low in High School but clearly people who had/have an emotional investment in The Smiths.

Yeah, definitely not written by fans of Low in High School but clearly people who had/have an emotional investment in The Smiths.
I always forget about that album. Will listen again.

If
If there was a physical release (7", etc.) would you buy it? I'd be tempted to for sure, but I'd sort feel like I was stabbing Morrissey in the back
I’d pre-order 6. One in each colour. ...just like you lot do whenever Melvis charts for a week.

This thing has already streamed more than the last 3 Morrissey singles combined - on all major streaming sites.

Nuff said.

The song is catchy and elegantly parodies The Smiths. It reflects the first part of the episode that mocks Morrissey in a relatively gentle way.

However, the latter part was unnecessarily mean-spirited and badly written. They could easily have made the point about how it is impossible for your heroes to live up to whatever image you have conjured up in your mind in another way (Morrissey as a surfer/lifeguard in Hawaii, married to Pamela Anderson).

Some people, like Neil Gaiman, claim that Morrissey should have had a sense of humour about it. However, Neil Gaiman guest starred as himself in the Simpsons, so he was in on the joke. Could you imagine Morrissey ever agreeing to voicing the (0lder) Quilloughby character? (I doubt that Morrissey would be good at voice acting, but that is besides the point).

Apparently making the Simpsons requires the involvement of quite a few people who are not all in the same room together, even more so under the current circumstances. I would like to believe that not everybody who claimed to be a fan knew how the episode was going to end, especially as some of the stuff that the older Quilloughby said were ad libs by Benedict Cumberbatch.

Frankly, I would be pretty upset if I had somehow been involved in this project. And regardless of Morrissey's own questionable remarks, he is just one person. Getting a team of people together in order to gleefully tear down someone you first claim to pay tribute to reflects badly on everybody involved.

Apparently this is the first time in 14 years that the Simpsons have released a song as a single and while I like "Everyone is horrid", I wonder if it was released to detract from the fact that the episode's ending includes fat shaming and remarks that allude to Morrissey's (alleged) sexuality. Unfortunately, people who have not seen the episode may now think that Morrissey and his team were upset by this song, which would indeed have been petty. However, the anger and disappointment seemed to be solely directed at the episode's ending. Anyways, a smart move by the Simpsons.

Basically the Quilloughby gimmick/act/performance/template has now been found out and exposed for all to see.
The Wizard of Moz is just like the film. All smoke and mirrors and that’s all there is to Quilloughby.
When we look back he was very lucky to be surrounded by Johnny, Mike, Andy and Craig. The three original members were even more lucky to have lasted so long in their short Smiths careers having to put up with his issues.

Yes, he went on to make a few good albums in his early solo career but he failed to hold those contributors down. Only he knows why a solid band culture
/gang was never formed at this point. One thing to note is that his Mother was very influential at this time and pretty soon EX SMITHS were on his tail in the courtroom. “The World Won’t Listen and The World is Against You Steven”

For me this is the turning point. Alain Whyte was a 4kin lottery winning ticket having lost Marr. What a lucky selfish Bstard was Steven to come across this guy ?
ARSENAL/VAUXHALL/QUARRY ............ Nobody can argue, these were amazing times. And yet Alain gets ”the treatment “

Modern day Quilloughby is 4king shite full stop.
The strummers aren’t even worthy of being labelled LAWNMOWER PARTS
and their writing contributions are likeable to junior school children.
The lyrics are f***ING WANK AND MEANINGLESS. (Kiss me a lot :barf:)

“Where are we now ?”

Its over ! It’s all been a con job !
Your vinyl, coloured, exclusive, re-issued, re-mastered, numbered collection is worth absolutely 4ck all.

The only communication is via a f***ING USELESS/TALENTLESS/CLUELESS NEPHEW.

Mark my words the only winner in all this who will come out smelling of roses is none other than the background/backstabbing ,silent YES-BOSS snake Martin Boorer.

Just to read all the positive posts about The Simpsons and The Snuffs song release from well known posters on here is enough for me.

The biggest rock n roll swindle ever.

I KNOW ITS OVER

Benny 🇬🇧:knife:

#cancel Morrissey

Basically the Quilloughby gimmick/act/performance/template has now been found out and exposed for all to see.
The Wizard of Moz is just like the film. All smoke and mirrors and that’s all there is to Quilloughby.
When we look back he was very lucky to be surrounded by Johnny, Mike, Andy and Craig. The three original members were even more lucky to have lasted so long in their short Smiths careers having to put up with his issues.

Yes, he went on to make a few good albums in his early solo career but he failed to hold those contributors down. Only he knows why a solid band culture
/gang was never formed at this point. One thing to note is that his Mother was very influential at this time and pretty soon EX SMITHS were on his tail in the courtroom. “The World Won’t Listen and The World is Against You Steven”

For me this is the turning point. Alain Whyte was a 4kin lottery winning ticket having lost Marr. What a lucky selfish Bstard was Steven to come across this guy ?
ARSENAL/VAUXHALL/QUARRY ............ Nobody can argue, these were amazing times. And yet Alain gets ”the treatment “

Modern day Quilloughby is 4king shite full stop.
The strummers aren’t even worthy of being labelled LAWNMOWER PARTS
and their writing contributions are likeable to junior school children.
The lyrics are f***ING WANK AND MEANINGLESS. (Kiss me a lot :barf:)

“Where are we now ?”

Its over ! It’s all been a con job !
Your vinyl, coloured, exclusive, re-issued, re-mastered, numbered collection is worth absolutely 4ck all.

The only communication is via a f***ING USELESS/TALENTLESS/CLUELESS NEPHEW.

Mark my words the only winner in all this who will come out smelling of roses is none other than the background/backstabbing ,silent YES-BOSS snake Martin Boorer.

Just to read all the positive posts about The Simpsons and The Snuffs song release from well known posters on here is enough for me.

The biggest rock n roll swindle ever.

I KNOW ITS OVER

Benny 🇬🇧:knife:

#cancel Morrissey
What's your singing voice like Benny?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom