2016 repress of "Bona Drag" 20th anniversary edition (vinyl, out February 26, 2016)

They're just repressing the 2010 rerelease. A lot of people may have missed out on that run.

Missed out? Hardly, it's not as if they were flying off the shelves. There's plenty of 2010 reissues on the internet. No need for a repress of a reissue, its beyond pointless. Fame, fame, fatal fame...

Not sure why people are being so cynical about this. The 2010 deluxe edition vinyl is hard to find and goes for 50 quid on Amazon UK (at the time of writing). I didn't have a turntable at the time and missed out on it, as I'm sure many others did too. I for one am thrilled that this is being re-pressed.

Missed out? Hardly, it's not as if they were flying off the shelves. There's plenty of 2010 reissues on the internet. No need for a repress of a reissue, its beyond pointless. Fame, fame, fatal fame...

Yes and they're all north of $50 AUD. Do you really think he has anything to do with the choice of releasing this?

Yes and they're all north of $50 AUD. Do you really think he has anything to do with the choice of releasing this?

No i'm sure he has no say whatsoever, i'm sure he also refuses any royalties generated from them :rolleyes: He wouldn't want his fans to buy both and feel deceived. 2 reissues of Vauxhall & Your Arsenal in the space of 12 months, smacks of a guy with no fresh material, rinsing his arse licking fans for every penny.

Never a big fan of that font choice.

Some fresh cover art would be the least you'd expect, but seems as tho it's just a carbon copy of the 2010 reissue. I'd get behind something like a "Southpaw Grammar" reissue, maybe a double vinyl with a few extra tracks, "Nobody loves us", "You should have been nice to me" etc, i'd deffo buy that, but these recent reissues dont quench my thirst at all...

I've always wondered, going back 26 years, why "Sister I'm a Poet" didn't make it onto this collection. To me, that song is quintessential early-period Morrissey.

My guess is that it sounded too Smiths as Street admitted himself.

And perhaps this explains why each tour the song has been done live (barring Wolverhampton), the arrangement has been quite different from the studio recording, ranging from straight-up rockabilly ('91/'92) to nearly-hard rock ('07/'08). I suppose the most true-to-original version was the 2002 incarnation.

I see it advertised on Amazon for £23.99 sterling. Anyone who spends that kind of money for a reissue of an album they already have (twice) on CD needs to be tied to stakes in the desert and left for the buzzards.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom