2018 UK tour announced

Sorry if someone has already posted this.
Ending at Ally Pally

Link and image posted by ten ton truck:

Morrissey announces massive UK tour for 2018 - NME

February 2018
  • 16th – Aberdeen BHGE Arena
  • 17th – Glasgow The SSE Hydro
  • 20th – Dublin 3Arena
  • 23rd – Newcastle Metro Radio Arena
  • 24th – Leeds First Direct Arena
  • 27th – Birmingham Genting Arena
March 2018
  • 3rd – Brighton Brighton Centre
  • 7th – London Royal Albert Hall
  • 9th – London Alexandra Palace
41059_morrissey-uk-tour-poster-embargoed-1509034424.jpg

Posted by charmer (original post):

New promotion from Amazon for Low in High School. Order the album through Amazon and you get priority access to UK tour tickets on November 1.

(Worth noting that you don't actually have to order the album through Amazon, just sign up for priority alerts:

Pre-order Low in High School on Amazon

Link posted by 001:

Morrissey snubs hometown Manchester in first UK tour for three years - Sky News

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad for UK fellas ;);) But this is funny.

"No more UK dates"...hooraaay...
"This is my last show"....hooooray.... And this. I dunno.

Plus, Dublin in UK ? :eek: Sigh... World map is none of your business :squiffy:
He better have a good map. Detailed one. Previously recorded Istanbul, Scandinavia, bla bla Paris, now Israel/Aviv and London. But does he really know these destinations ? I mean...nevermind joking. :straightface:

--Joni Love--

All about the money. You don't make money with record releases these days, you make it on tour. Nothing but money.

As with every single other recording artist working in 2017 for a commercial record COMPANY. They are all making it while they can as this ship is going down; slowly, but all the way down.

í feel glad to have been around for the half century or so that popular recording artists actually meant something to the culture. In a hundred years people will look back and think 'gee, aint that quaint?'

Plus, it's not like he's coming on and playing the spoons in a natty jacket for 5 minutes. He does actually 'do' some songs that some people actually quite like. So, it's not really "Nothing but..."

Presumably, Unk, you no longer tolerate any artist that sells recorded music or charges for performances, beyond a flat cap on the pavement?

As with every single other recording artist working in 2017 for a commercial record COMPANY. They are all making it while they can as this ship is going down; slowly, but all the way down.

í feel glad to have been around for the half century or so that popular recording artists actually meant something to the culture. In a hundred years people will look back and think 'gee, aint that quaint?'

Plus, it's not like he's coming on and playing the spoons in a natty jacket for 5 minutes. He does actually 'do' some songs that some people actually quite like. So, it's not really "Nothing but..."

Presumably, Unk, you no longer tolerate any artist that sells recorded music or charges for performances, beyond a flat cap on the pavement?

I was commenting on the inordinately large venues and the attempt to make money. There are many artists that can fill out arenas (arenae?) these days, I just doubt Morrissey will fill them all on this tour. I don't care that people want to make money - that's their concern. I'm saying in this particular instance the desire for dosh and the venues booked looks like a stretch.

I haven't caught a show in the UK but if I were to travel for this tour....what would you say is the best venue to attend/experience?

In the States I tend to drift towards the smaller towns visited and try to avoid the masses of SoCal. The experience of catching Moz in concerts is only one part of the fun for me - the town's offerings, the people I get to met and have drinks with, and everything else pre/post show has value.

I look forward to hearing your responses!

MrShoes

I was commenting on the inordinately large venues and the attempt to make money. There are many artists that can fill out arenas (arenae?) these days, I just doubt Morrissey will fill them all on this tour. I don't care that people want to make money - that's their concern. I'm saying in this particular instance the desire for dosh and the venues booked looks like a stretch.

í agree that it's a big stretch; as big a stretch as the black curtains required come showtime ;)

although february is a pretty slow month for tours, and who knows what magic the artie fufkins at BMG can work.

ít is about dosh, but in The Case of Moz, í think it's also partially about prestige. He clearly enjoys the smaller shows more, but something in these shed shows appeals to that side of him that demands a major label, major promo, etc.
he confuses it with self-worth. Or self-validation, if you will.

it is not impossible to attain intimacy & power in these hangars (Nick Cave managed it recently, by all euphoric accounts).
it's just bloody unlikely.

í was just musing yesterday how í'd kill to see Moz play the Barrowland one last time...

What's Brighton Centre like? Never been to Brighton. Could have a romantic weekend there with a Mozzer gig as a surprise for the other half. She'd love that

Off all the venues in the south I'd go to the Brighton show. Saw him there December 2004 and it was a decent show. Venue has lots of standing room and sound seemed good for a largish venue. Only drawback was the walk to the railway station afterwards was all uphill....!!!

Albert Hall I don't really like for rock shows. Never been to the Ally Pally so can't comment on that one.

I agree, think he should be aiming for 5k capacity places (appreciate Brighton is similar to that but its a small town) which he could fill and generate an electric atmosphere.

Where are all the people now who, in recent years, said that Moz should play less shows (for health reasons) and bigger venues (to balance the costs)? Nowhere to be seen apparently.

All about the money. You don't make money with record releases these days, you make it on tour. Nothing but money.

Also we should take into consideration that he may actually enjoy being on stage and singing.
Though I wonder if he played smaller venues, he could then charge a lot more for the novelty of seeing him in smaller settings.

No Manchester date, gutted! So do I buy Leeds or wait.....anyone know what the likelihood of a Manchester date is?

Panic on the streets of Dublin!! Yessss!!!! I'll be there like I always am. Standing in the rain without an umbrella.
Hey that would make a good Moz song title.

By the way, Dublin isn't part of the UK. That's just lazy.

No Manchester date, gutted! So do I buy Leeds or wait.....anyone know what the likelihood of a Manchester date is?
Nothing in the SW either :( Think yourself lucky you don't need to travel nearly 5 hours...

if he played smaller venues, he could then charge a lot more for the novelty of seeing him in smaller settings.
Wait, the price of the ticket was shockingly high during his previous UK arena tour, and a lot of people complained about it.

I SEE THAT THE UK TOUR POSTER has now been revised to include the word IRELAND.
We only left the empire 101 years ago...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom