2018 UK tour announced

Sorry if someone has already posted this.
Ending at Ally Pally

Link and image posted by ten ton truck:

Morrissey announces massive UK tour for 2018 - NME

February 2018
  • 16th – Aberdeen BHGE Arena
  • 17th – Glasgow The SSE Hydro
  • 20th – Dublin 3Arena
  • 23rd – Newcastle Metro Radio Arena
  • 24th – Leeds First Direct Arena
  • 27th – Birmingham Genting Arena
March 2018
  • 3rd – Brighton Brighton Centre
  • 7th – London Royal Albert Hall
  • 9th – London Alexandra Palace
41059_morrissey-uk-tour-poster-embargoed-1509034424.jpg

Posted by charmer (original post):

New promotion from Amazon for Low in High School. Order the album through Amazon and you get priority access to UK tour tickets on November 1.

(Worth noting that you don't actually have to order the album through Amazon, just sign up for priority alerts:

Pre-order Low in High School on Amazon

Link posted by 001:

Morrissey snubs hometown Manchester in first UK tour for three years - Sky News

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is pretty shady - there is a pre-sale, but only if you spend money:

"Amazon customers can pre-order Low in High School on Amazon Music today through Sunday to get exclusive access to an early pre-sale of tickets here https://morrissey.lnk.to/amazon

The 24 hour Amazon priority ticket access window will open at 10am Wednesday, November 1st and end 9:59am on November 2nd. General on sale Friday November 3rd 10am."

*** Worth noting that you don't actually have to order the album through Amazon, just sign up for priority alerts ***

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Newcastle £38.50, £54.40 & £70.00

A date will be announced. Currently in discussions with 2 venues. So maybe even two dates.
Are they in discussions with any other regions? Like the SW or Wales?

the hydro in Glasgow is huge,only a couple of years old.too big for my crap eyesight.they could bring on a Morrissey lookalike and I wouldn't know the difference being that far away.

Just had an amusing thought ~ Morrissey VIP packages :ha-no:

Just perusing prices and Moz at Glasgow Hydro is £73 top whack. Weller 8 days later at same venue is £48 all tickets. Sam Smith a month later = £169 primo. Arcade Fire in April £62 all tickets.

Crazy times.

I haven't caught a show in the UK but if I were to travel for this tour....what would you say is the best venue to attend/experience?

In the States I tend to drift towards the smaller towns visited and try to avoid the masses of SoCal. The experience of catching Moz in concerts is only one part of the fun for me - the town's offerings, the people I get to met and have drinks with, and everything else pre/post show has value.

I look forward to hearing your responses!

MrShoes

The only interesting venue on this list is the Royal Albert Hall, which is very impressive inside https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Albert_Hall
As it is one of the most prestigious venues in the UK, I expect the ticket prices for this might be slightly higher, and it may be more of a struggle to get decent seats/standing tickets before the touts snap them all up.

Other than that - all the venues are soulless, boring arenas. Even Alexander Palace, whilst it is interesting externally and historically - once you get inside it's just a huge boring, all standing shed. https://img00.deviantart.net/e2e6/i/2015/106/0/3/alexandra_palace_interior_by_rhys60-d7q2hsd.jpg

Other than that, in terms of the cities, they are really all much of a muchness. If you were more interested in a 'town's offerings', it might be wise just to ignore the UK, and fly into Dublin - the city is pretty great, and due to his Irish links, there's usually a pretty good atmosphere there.

Back
Top Bottom