2018 UK tour announced

Sorry if someone has already posted this.
Ending at Ally Pally

Link and image posted by ten ton truck:

Morrissey announces massive UK tour for 2018 - NME

February 2018
  • 16th – Aberdeen BHGE Arena
  • 17th – Glasgow The SSE Hydro
  • 20th – Dublin 3Arena
  • 23rd – Newcastle Metro Radio Arena
  • 24th – Leeds First Direct Arena
  • 27th – Birmingham Genting Arena
March 2018
  • 3rd – Brighton Brighton Centre
  • 7th – London Royal Albert Hall
  • 9th – London Alexandra Palace
41059_morrissey-uk-tour-poster-embargoed-1509034424.jpg

Posted by charmer (original post):

New promotion from Amazon for Low in High School. Order the album through Amazon and you get priority access to UK tour tickets on November 1.

(Worth noting that you don't actually have to order the album through Amazon, just sign up for priority alerts:

Pre-order Low in High School on Amazon

Link posted by 001:

Morrissey snubs hometown Manchester in first UK tour for three years - Sky News

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
There you go: Moz has announced his first UK tour since 2015 in February and March 2018

February 2018
  • 16th – Aberdeen BHGE Arena
  • 17th – Glasgow The SSE Hydro
  • 20th – Dublin 3Arena
  • 23rd – Newcastle Metro Arena Arena
  • 24th – Leeds First Direct Arena
  • 27th – Birmingham Genting Arena
March 2018
  • 3rd – Brighton Brighton Centre
  • 7th – London Royal Albert Hall
  • 9th – London Alexandra Palace
http://www.nme.com/news/music/morrissey-announces-massive-uk-tour-2018-2153888

Personally hoping for EU dates now

Last edited:
I like the sound of a Genting Arena...the mind doth boggle :brows:

I understand why he does it, as it obviously grosses more money - but I really do hate these UK arena tours of recent years. Huge, soulless venues, terrible sound, and the stage miles away. I really miss the 'Quarry-Ringleader-Refusal' days, when he would still regularly play smaller, interesting venues on full-length UK tours. Will we ever see those heady days again?

Some interesting venues.... Wish Scottish shows had been smaller. I like the tactic of weekend shows and obviously decided against trying to sell out the O2 in London with much nicer venues. Maybe another night at Ally Pally beckons as well......

I like the sound of a Genting Arena...the mind doth boggle :brows:

In, of all places, .....BrummieBoy town.
So, no women allowed?
Curious to know if he would go.
Considering he expressed a completely surprising appreciation for " I Wish You Lonely " and reserved any opinion for the songs he didn't hear yet.
Despite his very outspoken, not to say insulting, disapproval of Moz in general, that is a very correct and fair attitude. And differs a lot from the many critics condemning the album without hearing it in the first place.

This is pretty shady - there is a pre-sale, but only if you spend money:

"Amazon customers can pre-order Low in High School on Amazon Music today through Sunday to get exclusive access to an early pre-sale of tickets here https://morrissey.lnk.to/amazon

The 24 hour Amazon priority ticket access window will open at 10am Wednesday, November 1st and end 9:59am on November 2nd. General on sale Friday November 3rd 10am."

I understand why he does it, as it obviously grosses more money - but I really do hate these UK arena tours of recent years. Huge, soulless venues, terrible sound, and the stage miles away. I really miss the 'Quarry-Ringleader-Refusal' days, when he would still regularly play smaller, interesting venues on full-length UK tours. Will we ever see those heady days again?

Agree, loved seeing him in Halifax Civic Hall, Blackpool Empress Ballroom, Bradford St Georges Hall etc. Can't stand those larger venues. Not sure he will fill them either last Birmingham gig I went to was the Barclaycard Arena gig and it was only 80% full. Think Genting arena might be a similar size?

This is pretty shady - there is a pre-sale, but only if you spend money:

"Amazon customers can pre-order Low in High School on Amazon Music today through Sunday to get exclusive access to an early pre-sale of tickets here https://morrissey.lnk.to/amazon

The 24 hour Amazon priority ticket access window will open at 10am Wednesday, November 1st and end 9:59am on November 2nd. General on sale Friday November 3rd 10am."

But as posted in another thread:
New promotion from Amazon for Low in High School. Order the album through Amazon and you get priority access to UK tour tickets on November 1.

(Worth noting that you don;t actually have to order the album through Amazon, just sign up for priority alerts:

Pre-order Low in High School on Amazon

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
What's Brighton Centre like? Never been to Brighton. Could have a romantic weekend there with a Mozzer gig as a surprise for the other half. She'd love that

Agree, loved seeing him in Halifax Civic Hall, Blackpool Empress Ballroom, Bradford St Georges Hall etc. Can't stand those larger venues. Not sure he will fill them either last Birmingham gig I went to was the Barclaycard Arena gig and it was only 80% full. Think Genting arena might be a similar size?
I attended this gig.
Not being an apologist, but I believe the way the stage protruded forwards meant a portion of side seating was lost.
SER's video shows a packed event with good atmosphere and certainly something I'd go to again.
I think, as he's luckily reneged on the 'goodbye' to the UK touring as intimated in the last show in Blighty that anything is better than nothing (something I say a lot these days :) ).

Regards,
FWD.

The Genting has a 200 people more capacity than the Barclaycard (16,000).
http://www.gentingarena.co.uk/whats-on/morrissey

(Of all the gigs I attended in Birmingham The Smiths Tower Ballroom and Moz at Birmingham Academy '02 stand out - where he famously stated: "I'm a prostitute. You might see me selling myself in the Bullring.").

Last edited:
What's Brighton Centre like? Never been to Brighton. Could have a romantic weekend there with a Mozzer gig as a surprise for the other half. She'd love that

Lovely place, lots to do and a nice seafront to walk along. Venue probably one of the better ones as big but not massive (4500 capacity)

I attended this gig.
Not being an apologist, but I believe the way the stage protruded forwards meant a portion of side seating was lost.
SER's video shows a packed event with good atmosphere and certainly something I'd go to again.
I think, as he's luckily reneged on the 'goodbye' to the UK touring as intimated in the last show in Blighty that anything is better than nothing (something I say a lot these days :) ).

Regards,
FWD.

The Genting has a 200 people more capacity than the Barclaycard (16,000).
http://www.gentingarena.co.uk/whats-on/morrissey

(Of all the gigs I attended in Birmingham The Smiths Tower Ballroom and Moz at Birmingham Academy '02 stand out - where he famously stated: "I'm a prostitute. You might see me selling myself in the Bullring.").

Looking at my pictures from the night, you are right, it was those areas. The gig itself was great but still prefer the smaller places.

Brighton is a great place for a trip away, lots of places to eat out and brilliant night life. Moz has played here before as well, it’s not the best venue in the world, far from it, but last time it was a great night!

It's a multi purpose conference/entertainment space. Pretty much a huge black box with seats upstairs. On the good side Brighton is a great town.

All about the money. You don't make money with record releases these days, you make it on tour. Nothing but money.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom