A Morrissey dissing in a blog post about "Pretty Vacant"

The Seeker of Good Songs

"The traffic to the blog slows up over the Festive period, and it’s therefore something of an opportunity to take a bit of a breather.

Over a period of 26 days, I’ll be posting a single never previously featured on its own before – it might have sneaked in as part of an ICA or within a piece looking at various tracks – with the idea of an edited cut’n’paste from somewhere (most likely wiki) and then all the songs from either the vinyl or CD.

P is for Pretty Vacant released by Sex Pistols as a single in July 1977.

I did think long and hard about featuring this. I do despise everything that John Lydon has become in recent years, and the blog really should be giving him as much oxygen as it does Morrissey. But I never invested anything near as much, emotionally and all the rest of it, in Lydon/Sex Pistols/PIL as I did with The Smiths/Morrissey, and as such, I can, in my head, make some differences. Besides, homing in on Pretty Vacant, and extending it to the b-side, does allow some sort of link to how yesterday’s post finished off.

It was released on 2 July 1977 as the band’s third single, reaching #6 in the UK singles chart. And yes, I’m still amazed all these years later that the BBC and all other radio stations accepted that the singer was pronouncing it as ‘vacant’…………."

(emphasis added)

this person probably wasnt even born in 77.usual mince from these part time journos,probably listens to harry styles in the car.

:mad:

another hopeless walter ego cuck pontificating at an imaginary extended audience:crazy:

:hammer:

Back
Top Bottom