A New Visit to the Warner Chappell Publishing Site

Jamie

Bluff, Ardour & Assoc.
As many of us know, the recent revelation of a dozen new Alain Whyte / Morrissey compositions on this site created some speculation as to what was in store contribution-wise for the new album / B-sides. I took another cursory glance and, while finding no additional Alain titles, it was interesting to note:

1. A search on Martin Boorer revealed his three new co-writes, despite his recent contract with Sanctuary's publishing arm. Also, Kit is registered, but not I Know Who I Love or Honey You Know Where To Find Me. For that matter, Christian Dior isn't either.

2. A search on Jesse Tobias (full name: Jesse Alejandro Tobias) reveals no new songs barring All You Need Is Me.

Hence, either more material is yet to be written / considered for the full album or Alain has run the table. Personally, I'm rooting for I'm Looking Forward to Going Back to be a classic Morrissey single. The two new songs are encouraging--I'm quite happy with the Morrissey's lyrical direction and Alain is finding different nuances again in Mama...

Now, if you'll pardon the doubly double entendres, hopefully Jerry Finn's knob-twiddling won't cock up the proceedings. Erm...

Cheers,

Jamie

As many of us know, the recent revelation of a dozen new Alain Whyte / Morrissey compositions on this site created some speculation as to what was in store contribution-wise for the new album / B-sides. I took another cursory glance and, while finding no additional Alain titles, it was interesting to note:

1. A search on Martin Boorer revealed his three new co-writes, despite his recent contract with Sanctuary's publishing arm. Also, Kit is registered, but not I Know Who I Love or Honey You Know Where To Find Me. For that matter, Christian Dior isn't either.

2. A search on Jesse Tobias (full name: Jesse Alejandro Tobias) reveals no new songs barring All You Need Is Me.

Hence, either more material is yet to be written / considered for the full album or Alain has run the table. Personally, I'm rooting for I'm Looking Forward to Going Back to be a classic Morrissey single. The two new songs are encouraging--I'm quite happy with the Morrissey's lyrical direction and Alain is finding different nuances again in Mama...

Now, if you'll pardon the doubly double entendres, hopefully Jerry Finn's knob-twiddling won't cock up the proceedings. Erm...

Cheers,

Jamie

Now if Alain would just return to the band then all would be well. As for Jerry Finn I never had much of a problem with Quarry's production or it's B sides.

Back
Top Bottom