About Ketamine Sun and her complaints about ratings

Is it more hypocrital or just generic brain damage to use the system one protests against

• hypocritical

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • brain-damaged

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • both?

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters

Calamine Lotion

troll bitch troll.png

I'm asking everyone to rate her posts off topic, troll, redundant, or just "don't like" since she has hijacked many threads to whine about the ratings and then uses them herself.

I guess in the moment it is funny. But in the abstract I can't help but feel that it is lashing out at something they can't control, which is other people. It may make people without a control, feel helpless. I can relate from times in my life, so I'm not to critical of it here. I just see it for what it is - the same behavior they detest. So they become what they detest.

I guess in the moment it is funny. But in the abstract I can't help but feel that it is lashing out at something they can't control, which is other people. It may make people without a control, feel helpless. I can relate from times in my life, so I'm not to critical of it here. I just see it for what it is - the same behavior they detest. So they become what they detest.

there is some truth in this. Though the ratings I gave above to CL were right after he gave me 15 negative ratings in a row. It's not so much becoming what one detests, it's more, 'well, if you wanna play that game, o.k. here we go.' I'm just using the tools here at the forum since one can not block users with the ignore from rating ones posts nor can one block individual anonymous posters. I rated 3 or 4 of CL's posts this morning, then just now tonight he decided to rate 15 of my posts negatively in return. Go figure.

1. Calamine Lotion
Calamine Lotion rated your post Troll in the thread Morrissey Technical Rider - Summer 2016.
11:05 PM
2. Calamine Lotion
Calamine Lotion rated your post Redundant in the thread Morrissey Technical Rider - Summer 2016.
10:59 PM
3. Calamine Lotion
Calamine Lotion rated your post Redundant in the thread Morrissey Technical Rider - Summer 2016.
4. Calamine Lotion
5. Calamine Lotion
10:58 PM
6. Calamine Lotion
Calamine Lotion rated your post Troll in the thread Morrissey Technical Rider - Summer 2016.
10:58 PM
7. Calamine Lotion
10:57 PM
8. Calamine Lotion
9. Calamine Lotion
10. Calamine Lotion
10:56 PM
11. Calamine Lotion
Calamine Lotion rated your post Off-topic in the thread Morrissey (in the list of names) to be honoured by Manchester's new Walk Of Fame.
10:55 PM
12. Calamine Lotion
Calamine Lotion rated your post Off-topic in the thread Yokohama show cancelled due to "logistical issues" - Creativeman Productions (Oct. 1, 2016).
10:55 PM
13. Calamine Lotion
Calamine Lotion rated your post Troll in the thread Yokohama show cancelled due to "logistical issues" - Creativeman Productions (Oct. 1, 2016).
10:54 PM
14. Calamine Lotion
Calamine Lotion rated your post Off-topic in the thread Signed Morrissey postcard - @logical_love / Twitter.
10:54 PM
15. Calamine Lotion
Calamine Lotion rated your post Troll in the thread Yokohama show cancelled due to "logistical issues" - Creativeman Productions (Oct. 1, 2016).
10:53 PM

I agree. It's about wanting to control others. She was the first person to give me a negative rating so seeing her drag so many threads off topic writing about it does irritate me. I hate to admit it but getting that first negative rating bothered me, too, for about ten minutes, but it's been weeks now, and the moderators and site owner have discussed the ratings. It's time to get over it. At least stop thinking that when someone doesn't like you or your post that you have the right to make a topic about yourself.
She does have a problem with control, that is very insightful. She also came into a thread I enjoyed, the "what is your musical guilty pleasure" thread and asked people repeatedly to stop posting in it. I don't know why but it does show her need to attempt to control other people.
I really do hope that enough people will vote down her posts to make them disappear. That is the only real effect the ratings have. I logged in last night and she had given me 11 negative ratings out of the blue. So as childish as the whole thing is I think it's good to have a thread to talk about it. In almost any other forum you can be banned for making off-topic posts.
There is an older thread from a couple of months age where people were discussing whether or not "Bengali in Platforms" is racist and she did everything she could to block discussion. It's not like this is supposed to be a formal debate but if people have enough interest in the topic to think about it and make a reasoned post it's very rude to try to stop multiple people from having a discussion because you don't like what is being said.
Again, it's about control, and I understand what you mean about how there are times in life when we might feel a lack of control, so maybe we might try to exercise control in petty ways.
And this thread is petty, too, but I just don't feel like ignoring it anymore, and I don't want to discuss it in threads that have the potential to actually be about something.

i personally dont think it's very skillful to over analyze something that literally amounts to a tiny finger motion. to sign up an account just for the sole purpose of giving negative ratings in one thing. but when i give a negative rating you can be sure there's not a whole lot of thinking behind it. i usually just do it on a whim or because i think it's funny or because someone else has been giving them to me. sometimes i even go and undo them after i give them, just to be nice. i dont think a psychiatrist would find how i use negative ratings to offer much salient insight into my personality or thought processes. as usual, you're reading too much into things.

I agree. It's about wanting to control others. She was the first person to give me a negative rating so seeing her drag so many threads off topic writing about it does irritate me. I hate to admit it but getting that first negative rating bothered me, too, for about ten minutes, but it's been weeks now, and the moderators and site owner have discussed the ratings. It's time to get over it. At least stop thinking that when someone doesn't like you or your post that you have the right to make a topic about yourself.
She does have a problem with control, that is very insightful. She also came into a thread I enjoyed, the "what is your musical guilty pleasure" thread and asked people repeatedly to stop posting in it. I don't know why but it does show her need to attempt to control other people.
I really do hope that enough people will vote down her posts to make them disappear. That is the only real effect the ratings have. I logged in last night and she had given me 11 negative ratings out of the blue. So as childish as the whole thing is I think it's good to have a thread to talk about it. In almost any other forum you can be banned for making off-topic posts.
There is an older thread from a couple of months age where people were discussing whether or not "Bengali in Platforms" is racist and she did everything she could to block discussion. It's not like this is supposed to be a formal debate but if people have enough interest in the topic to think about it and make a reasoned post it's very rude to try to stop multiple people from having a discussion because you don't like what is being said.
Again, it's about control, and I understand what you mean about how there are times in life when we might feel a lack of control, so maybe we might try to exercise control in petty ways.
And this thread is petty, too, but I just don't feel like ignoring it anymore, and I don't want to discuss it in threads that have the potential to actually be about something.

' I logged in last night and she had given me 11 negative ratings out of the blue.'

last night ? 11? I'd like to see these.

' She also came into a thread I enjoyed, the "what is your musical guilty pleasure" thread and asked people repeatedly to stop posting in it. '

jesus christ ! can't you take a joke?, even evennow knew I was joking. Even Quando who started the thread, we were exchanging posts back and forth that were 'off topic' !

' I logged in last night and she had given me 11 negative ratings out of the blue.'

' She also came into a thread I enjoyed, the "what is your musical guilty pleasure" thread and asked people repeatedly to stop posting in it. '

jesus christ ! can't you take a joke?, even evennow knew I was joking. Even Quando who started the thread, we were exchanging posts back and forth that were 'off topic' !
dont worry, it was obvious you were joking. calamine lotion is a total clod when it comes to interpreting people. you're easily the most laid back person around here. control issues? lol, he's the one trying to get people to downvote you so that you're posts disappear but you're the one with control issues. riiiiighhhhhht.

there is some truth in this. Though the ratings I gave above to CL were right after he gave me 15 negative ratings in a row. It's not so much becoming what one detests, it's more, 'well, if you wanna play that game, o.k. here we go.' I'm just using the tools here at the forum since one can not block users with the ignore from rating ones posts nor can one block individual anonymous posters. I rated 3 or 4 of CL's posts this morning, then just now tonight he decided to rate 15 of my posts negatively in return. Go figure.
No, I rated yours after. This is an earlier screenshot. You're a liar.
Firefox_Screenshot_2016-10-06T13-16-36.197Z.png

Yesterday I voted "troll" to someone who actually was trolling my ADORED Morrissey. And some minutes later Biebs downvoted me a couple of posts. That just showed me who is behind Biebs.
What will I do? Nothing. If someone is nice with me I'll retribute it. If someone is a moron, I'll try to avoid or ignore that person. I will not become what I despise.

No, I rated yours after. This is an earlier screenshot. You're a liar. View attachment 40687

liar ? you said I gave you 11 ! all I see here is 5 and I thought I only gave you 4 this morning.

so who's lying ?

These are the ones from Thursday AM that I gave you, there may have been one or two more that I changed to a different negative rating when you started firing those 15 you gave me earlier.
  1. You rated Calamine Lotion's post
    clear.png
    Redundant in the thread Jon Hamm Won't Admit He Secretly Loves Morrissey in Chris Gethard interview - Rolling Stone.

Knowing the music of Morrissey with The Smiths or after doesn't really put you in some little group of special snowflakes. Some people...

Yesterday at 6:46 AM
  2. You rated Calamine Lotion's post
    clear.png
    Redundant in the thread What did make you smile today?.

[MEDIA]

Yesterday at 6:43 AM
  3. You rated Calamine Lotion's post
    clear.png
    Redundant in the thread What did make you smile today?.

[MEDIA] visual illustration of Uncle Skinny vs the Mozbots.

Yesterday at 6:43 AM

So it goes... I gave you a few thur AM then by PM you saw these and rated 15 of my posts then as you were doing that I in return rated your posts and then you started this thread.

Right, you changed some rating so whatever, whatever.
You've been whining for weeks about negative ratings and then you announce you're leaving the site because of them. :(
Then you come back and give me a bunch of negative ratings. :crazy:
Then you lie and say I gave them to you first. :straightface:
Then you say giving them is petty :rolleyes:Then you continue to give them. :crazy:
You're lying :)

You rang. Chiming in here with my thoughts on this...

I think we all have very strong personalities and sometimes that results in certain conflicts. I believe we are quite capable of being understanding, but also of posting some biting and hurtful posts if we so choose. Sarcasm has a tendency to fall flat when delivered in a written format.

Each of us have hijacked a thread or two like a United Airlines plane on 9/11. Bad taste or funny? Does this make you angry, laugh, shake your head, etc.? This is the difference between a :thumbsdown: or :thumbsup: or :lbf: or :crazy: type rating.

As a good, non-practicing, non-believing Catholic, I try to live by their "Do unto Others" mantra. I really don't see any good that comes from negative ratings. In a zen sense, I feel that acting out in a negative way opens one's self up to internalizing the negativity. The high road i.e. "The road less traveled" is most often the best and most healthy one to take. Although a good knock down, drag out verbal mud wrestling match can be fun every once in a while. :brows:

Last edited:
Does anyone really enjoy the rating system at all. It seems to be quickly turning into something that starts and maintains a lot more discord than producing any positive benefits i can see. As an anon I can't really participate and feel much better off as I can't get wrapped up and distracted by who said what about me or anyone else. At the very least it's seems the ability to see who rated whom is not working to facilitate productive conversation

Does anyone really enjoy the rating system at all. It seems to be quickly turning into something that starts and maintains a lot more discord than producing any positive benefits i can see. As an anon I can't really participate and feel much better off as I can't get wrapped up and distracted by who said what about me or anyone else. At the very least it's seems the ability to see who rated whom is not working to facilitate productive conversation

It is a combination of things. Clearly you can troll with these and at least you are clear why you are doing it. But if you don't think you are trolling and use it in a arbitrary way anyway, then I feel it comes down to moral character.

Tags
stfu
Back
Top Bottom