Advice on selling my collection

forensicpjm

Hi all. I’m new to the forum, although I’ve been a fan of the Smiths since I was a teenager in the 1980’s. I’ve built up quite a nice collection of (mainly) vinyl over the years, including quite a few rarities/collectibles, but I’ve decided finally to sell it, and would welcome some advice from collectors here.

I’m not really a fan of eBay, so my plan in the first instance is to list items on Discogs. I will include a link to photos of each item on Flickr and try to include an audio clip on the Discogs listing.

I would obviously prefer if things went to fans – what is the etiquette on the forum as far as letting people know that I’ve listed things? I don’t imagine anyone wants me to fill the marketplace with links or lists. What (if anything) would be helpful?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all. I’m new to the forum, although I’ve been a fan of the Smiths since I was a teenager in the 1980’s. I’ve built up quite a nice collection of (mainly) vinyl over the years, including quite a few rarities/collectibles, but I’ve decided finally to sell it, and would welcome some advice from collectors here.

I’m not really a fan of eBay, so my plan in the first instance is to list items on Discogs. I will include a link to photos of each item on Flickr and try to include an audio clip on the Discogs listing.

I would obviously prefer if things went to fans – what is the etiquette on the forum as far as letting people know that I’ve listed things? I don’t imagine anyone wants me to fill the marketplace with links or lists. What (if anything) would be helpful?

Thanks in advance.
One main 'collection for sale' thread that you add to as and when would be appreciated if there's loads of items.
Regards,
FWD.

Are you selling because you don't like Morrissey any more?

I will be pricing everything, although I will always listen to a sensible offer.

Nothing to do with Morrissey, I just have far too much vinyl that I never get to enjoy, and I‘m not getting any younger (!), so I’ve decided to just keep a few of my favourite pieces that I can really enjoy and sell everything else (I’m not just selling Smiths, although that’s the majority).

Hi there. Sorry, it’s taking a little longer than I thought to sort out my discogs listings and photos. I should be able to post the first 10 or 15 items in the next 24 hours.

Hi all. Is there anyone here who would be willing to help me authenticate (as far as possible) a couple of the items that I bought many years ago?

I have a few of the rarest items (Reel Around the Fountain test pressing, MIM live EP test pressings, some rare sleeves, and a few others). I bought them all back in 2005-2007, I did my best using passionsjustlikemine and similar to check that they looked legit (and I’m still satisfied now). I was alert to some much-discussed fraudulent listings back in 2006 and tried to avoid them.

However I’m not an expert, and before I sell them I want to check for my own peace of mind - if I was unlucky enough to pick up a fake then I’d prefer to take it on the chin than pass it on to someone else.

Is there anyone experienced here who would be happy to do this? I can send them photos or anything else that they need. I’m not exactly sure how we would make contact as I don’t think I can contact a forum member directly (edit: could contact me through discogs), but anyway I’d appreciate any advice on this. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi all. Is there anyone here who would be willing to help me authenticate (as far as possible) a couple of the items that I bought many years ago?

I have a few of the rarest items (Reel Around the Fountain test pressing, MIM live EP test pressings, some rare sleeves, and a few others). I bought them all back in 2005-2007, I did my best using passionsjustlikemine and similar to check that they looked legit (and I’m still satisfied now). I was alert to some much-discussed fraudulent listings back in 2006 and tried to avoid them.

However I’m not an expert, and before I sell them I want to check for my own peace of mind - if I was unlucky enough to pick up a fake then I’d prefer to take it on the chin than pass it on to someone else.

Is there anyone experienced here who would be happy to do this? I can send them photos or anything else that they need. I’m not exactly sure how we would make contact as I don’t think I can contact a forum member directly (edit: could contact me through discogs), but anyway I’d appreciate any advice on this. Thanks.
You should post pictures on this facebook group, lots of experts who can help you

Back
Top Bottom