Alain Whyte available on Cameo

Cameo is pretty cool. Imagine surprising a loved one on their birthday with a personalized video from their favourite actor, musician, writer etc.

Cameo is pretty cool. Imagine surprising a loved one on their birthday with a personalized video from their favourite actor, musician, writer etc.
Its very shitty actually.
They used to leave videos of other cameos for other people.
Heres what happens, the celebs do multiple videos, one after another, they read the message you want said on their phone app, while recording the video, then move on to the next person. Some celebs wear sunglasses to cover up that they are reading off a script on their screen.
These celebs immediately forget your name, who you are, etc. Its a scam. Its not a 2 way conversation. Its not meeting them in person. You will not be remembered by them. Its pointless. And you're usually paying more than 80 dollars for it.

Heres what happens, the celebs do multiple videos, one after another, they read the message you want said on their phone app, while recording the video, then move on to the next person. Some celebs wear sunglasses to cover up that they are reading off a script on their screen.
These celebs immediately forget your name, who you are, etc. Its a scam. Its not a 2 way conversation. Its not meeting them in person. You will not be remembered by them. Its pointless. And you're usually paying more than 80 dollars for it.

I can see how it could be "shitty", but I can also see the fun side of Cameo. I mean, Mark Duplass is on there and he's donating all proceeds to charity. Which is cool! If you haven't seen Safety Not Guaranteed, you need to! Also, if you've ever gone to a book signing, you know that the writer(s) isn't going to remember you and you can also end up with a terrible autograph! But it's fun right?

Anyway, cool review of Cameo here. The website, Reviewed, go through the whole process:

Anyone getting an Alain one? It's $100! Might be great for a real fan!

It's not shitty, actually.
I got a Cameo video for my wife (not Alain Whyte) and it was great! No, it's not a two-way conversation. It's not supposed to be- it's a video.
And the point of it is not for the "celeb" to remember you. You're not paying to become their friend. You're paying for a personalized message.

yeah, i dont see the appeal. paying someone to say something to you isnt that special. maybe if it was like a deal where it's this wise man and you pay him money to dispense advice or to say something insightful, then okay, but just to bullshit, no thanks.

yeah, i dont see the appeal. paying someone to say something to you isnt that special. maybe if it was like a deal where it's this wise man and you pay him money to dispense advice or to say something insightful, then okay, but just to bullshit, no thanks.

rifke, have you ever bought a signed novel for a loved one? If you haven't, then take it from me, it is well received. Some authors go above and beyond. If you have young readers in your family, trust me when I say that they would love a signed novel by their favourite author that includes a personalized message.

Now imagine the reaction of a bookworm in your family if they received a video from an Harry Potter actor!

rifke, have you ever bought a signed novel for a loved one? If you haven't, then take it from me, it is well received. Some authors go above and beyond. If you have young readers in your family, trust me when I say that they would love a signed novel by their favourite author that includes a personalized message.

Now imagine the reaction of a bookworm in your family if they received a video from an Harry Potter actor!
it's not the same thing at all. a signed novel enhances the awareness of the loving hands that wrote the book, the consciousness that went into the book. a cameo message is paying someone to talk to you (without even seeing you). im sorry, but words exchanged between people or directed at people lose all value when you place a price on them without which price the words wouldnt be made manifest at all.

thought you meant the group cameo.had visions of alain singing word up in a red cod-piece.

it's not the same thing at all. a signed novel enhances the awareness of the loving hands that wrote the book, the consciousness that went into the book. a cameo message is paying someone to talk to you (without even seeing you). im sorry, but words exchanged between people or directed at people lose all value when you place a price on them without which price the words wouldnt be made manifest at all.
Are you a laugh?

So you're saying it's a cameo appearance then 🤔

What is this CRAP? Anyone who pays for a dedicated message deserves to be shipwrecked with only that video for company. Forever (err until phone battery dies).

I bought a cameo once as a gift and had a pleasant experience.

Was from Vicky Lawrence, AKA THELMA HARPER from MAMA'S FAMILY.

Pay him to discuss upcoming album plans

cameo is a good idea,its no different to a person who starred in film or tv show a while ago and goes to comicon to sign autographs or get photos took.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom