Alain Whyte FB: "Guess the outro?" (July 30, 2021)

It’s all about the music. Has nothing to do with right or left. As far as I know morrissey isn’t running for office anytime soon nor does he plan on doing so. You might not agree with everything everyone says but some of us are here just for the music man. Just because the internet gives unknowns like yourself a voice doesn’t mean you have to always be so serious!
Love that.....so true.....I'm in for the music

As a multi instrumentalist player with not nearly the royalty checks Alain no doubt has accumulated over the years why is he so into that cheaper made Gretsch? it looks like it’s one of their $400-$800 budget Korean made line of Gretsch guitars. Why isn’t a guy at Alain’s level at least playing one of Gretsch’s pro line instruments from Japan? They are far superior playing and sounding guitars and it’s not like he couldn’t afford one they are around 2 to 3 grand for a good one.

As a multi instrumentalist player with not nearly the royalty checks Alain no doubt has accumulated over the years why is he so into that cheaper made Gretsch? it looks like it’s one of their $400-$800 budget Korean made line of Gretsch guitars. Why isn’t a guy at Alain’s level at least playing one of Gretsch’s pro line instruments from Japan? They are far superior playing and sounding guitars and it’s not like he couldn’t afford one they are around 2 to 3 grand for a good one.

Ask him on Twitter as hes answered people before and seems open to questions about music and guitars

It’s all about the music. Has nothing to do with right or left. As far as I know morrissey isn’t running for office anytime soon nor does he plan on doing so. You might not agree with everything everyone says but some of us are here just for the music man. Just because the internet gives unknowns like yourself a voice doesn’t mean you have to always be so serious!
The more he winds up the tools the better. the more he speaks ,the more he winds them up. In short fcuk them. And the more politics the better. Meanwhile Tammy and Tarquin go on a protest about "something" and then fcuk off back to Surrey.
That's my week done roll on Monday. Yeee haaa

He's also playing a Squier in that video. And I recall him being into Danelectros in the past.

Despite all that, he has great tone! I've even seen it discussed on some of the snobbier guitar forums. I think the truth is, there's very little between a mid-range import and a custom shop guitar these days - and that's mostly feel and appearance.* Also, amps (and how you use them) play a bigger role.

Alain is obviously canny enough to realize this. Which is more than I can say for myself.

Please don't bother with Anonymous. It'll only encourage them.

Darrin, besides photographing Alain on many occasions, is his close friend.
Last time I checked, friends being supportive isn't exactly crime of the century.
As he's a member here - why not ask him.
FWD.
I agree with that Alvy S

I remember seeing him, bitching about M a number of times. Seems a bit disingenuous to me. Seems like your average American Morrissey/ Brit-pop male groupie fan

I thought he befriended Alain to get closer to M. That never worked, Alian got let go, so he bitched about M. Now, its all smiles. I noticed him popping up on here again a number of months back, probably when he knew Alain was back
He also seems to pop up on Martin Rossitors page, what a dope Martin is - anyone who actually fell for the press hype and thought Gene were anything like The Smiths is beyond me. As for Martin being like M, how could anyone be more wrong?

Im not saying he's a bad guy FWD, but im saying his type come and go all the time. "Smiths/M fan befriends band member, shock horror" .
who even cares that he is taking a picture of a wanking guitar?
This guy is what 50? and he's pulling a stunt like this " Hey look at me, im on the guestlist backstage with Alain" . That is all that post says to me. No self-respect.

I agree with that Alvy S

I remember seeing him, bitching about M a number of times. Seems a bit disingenuous to me. Seems like your average American Morrissey/ Brit-pop male groupie fan

I thought he befriended Alain to get closer to M. That never worked, Alian got let go, so he bitched about M. Now, its all smiles. I noticed him popping up on here again a number of months back, probably when he knew Alain was back
He also seems to pop up on Martin Rossitors page, what a dope Martin is - anyone who actually fell for the press hype and thought Gene were anything like The Smiths is beyond me. As for Martin being like M, how could anyone be more wrong?

Im not saying he's a bad guy FWD, but im saying his type come and go all the time. "Smiths/M fan befriends band member, shock horror" .
who even cares that he is taking a picture of a wanking guitar?
This guy is what 50? and he's pulling a stunt like this " Hey look at me, im on the guestlist backstage with Alain" . That is all that post says to me. No self-respect.
You sound jealous.

I'm far from a Morrissey hater, I'm merely a Morrissey realist.

Call it what you want.

But when Bonfire is released, how will you even be able to listen to it for the first time and hear anything good if you’re already expecting to hate it? You already shut yourself off from giving it a chance.

It’s a hater move if I ever saw one.

Call it what you want.

But when Bonfire is released, how will you even be able to listen to it for the first time and hear anything good if you’re already expecting to hate it? You already shut yourself off from giving it a chance.

It’s a hater move if I ever saw one.
It's not a pressing issue for me. If anything, my low-as-f*** expectations might afford me a greater capacity for possible enjoyment of said record.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom