Alain Whyte official twitter (new); The Experiment EP track list (4 tracks, late Dec. 2018 release)

Famous when dead added in the comments:

Um... Nobody see the YouTube blurb?
It's a bit more interesting than whether the song featured is any good or not:
"Alain Whyte.
The Experiment EP (4 tracks) on 12" black vinyl, limited 12" white vinyl, cd and digital download to be offered directly from www.alainwhytemusic.com late December 2018.
Also appearing on iTunes, Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play, etc. the beginning of January 2019.
***Pre-orders will tentatively be accepted between Dec. 10 through Dec. 21, 2018 For those that pre-order, included with purchase will be a one time digital download code providing access to 4 BONUS* acoustic tracks:
1. The Experiment (acoustic)
2. The Death of Rock-N-Roll (acoustic)
3. First Of The Gang To Die (acoustic)
4. We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful (acoustic)

*bonus tracks only available via pre-order of the EP (details will be posted shortly on alainwhytemusic.com). There is no intention of offering them separately. PLEASE feel free to share the link to this video. Also, social media sites will go live very soon and if you'd like to stay in touch and get additional updates and be the first to know about special offers, please follow:
Twitter: @alainwhytemusic
Instagram: alainwhytemusic
Facebook: Alain Whyte Music
**Thank you to ALL friends and family for your continued support.
The Experiment written & performed by Alain Whyte Video directed and filmed by Darrin Neuer Drums on The Experiment played by Dean Butterworth."

Something I will be purchasing.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have a pretty low bar on mediocre. To say Alain's song is cringe worthy is an understatement.
No, cringe worthy is hearing the heifer whines on Meat Is Murder, one of the band's worst songs. Tuneless, corny, dull, and overwrought. Certainly one of Johnny's worst composition, but what could he do?

Morrissey eventually degraded the melodic genius of Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others.

We're lucky Marr hadn't slit Morrissey's throat at that point. You might suspect he was trying to embarrass him.

No, cringe worthy is hearing the heifer whines on Meat Is Murder, one of the band's worst songs. Tuneless, corny, dull, and overwrought. Certainly one of Johnny's worst composition, but what could he do?
Morrissey eventually degraded the melodic genius of Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others.

We're lucky Marr hadn't slit Morrissey's throat at that point. You might suspect he was trying to embarrass him.

I remember reading somewhere that Johnny was given the title, "Meat is Murder", before he wrote the song - maybe that had an influence on the music being a bit plodding. A rare Marr misfire, but it's more manifesto than "song" in any case.

"Some Girls..." is beautiful and deserved more, but I think the sparseness of the singing just highlights the music. I love those rare songs where Morrissey 'gives in' to the melody and follows along with it (Some Girls, Boy with the Thorn...)

"Some Girls..." is beautiful and deserved more, but I think the sparseness of the singing just highlights the music.

Think ‘clever’ Marr thought he knew exactly what Morrissey would do with the song and Morrissey proved him wrong, not so easy to pin down the Moz, Johnny.

Morrissey did the right thing with the song and probably even had the vision of ending the album with it in that way.

Pasadena...Reckon please :laughing: I reckon like Uncle Steve is going to be driven from Malibu to the valley to jam with Al wearing socks in Al's little "music room" in his 3 bedroom house.

Now residing in Pasadena, CA Alain Whyte has gone on to become a lead guitarist in the rock supergroup Stadium. Since his arrival in Southern California, he has written for Madonna, Ennio Morricone, Rihanna, The Black Eyed Peas, Kid Cudi, Benny Benassi, John Legend, Kelis, Joshua Radin, VV Brown, Maggie Eckford and many more. He won an ASCAP pop award in 2013 for his work as a songwriter on Chris Brown's hit single "Don't Wake Me Up".

Alain Whyte has also found much success in writing for television shows that include Shonda Rhimes Grey's Anatomy, Gossip Girl, Chuck, Without A Trace, Sirens, Hart Of Dixie and the main title for the show Cult.

Last edited:
Yeah he's no frontman. That's for damn sure. The overall production is shockingly bad on all fronts. Why do people think it's a good idea to sing on the edge of a cliff?

I almost wish someone would just give him a good shove as punishment for writing this song.

Leaving aside the video, I don't think the song is the strongest piece for a solo launch effort and certainly not representative of what Alain is truly capable of. But I would hope that his songwriting track record has earned him open minds for the remainder of this EP and future releases. Some of the songs he created for The Motivators, Red Lightning and Setting Fires - even some of the instrumental work he did for TV and posted to myspace ages ago - were very good.

"Short Alain Whyte interview with Richard Blade! @KaosRecords Covina
(Directed by Me)"

Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom