Alain Whyte on Jonesy's Jukebox

modrevolve

Standard Model
Check out this link to hear an interview done yesterday with Alain Whyte by Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols on his radio show.

http://www.indie1031.com/7504_JJ_-_media.php?id=14

as for anything moz related

He states that he wrote 6-7 numbers on the new record..no mention of a release date
He has collaborated with Morrissey on approximately 60 registered titles
He generally writes and records a song in full and presents it to Moz on cd. Moz then may ask him to change the key in certain parts; extend verses,chorus etc. Finds him to be a very smart person to work with.

all in all nothing incredibley interesting..if you like hearing alain's voice again, check it out..he seems to be quiet happy writing and producing acts in the LA area.

Last edited:
I am a big fan of the pistols but i got to admit steve jones is a crap dj,
i listened to a few of the interviews on the link,,alain whyte,,hugh cornwall,russell brand,,,steve jones i feel makes for an awkward atmosphere in the interviews due to the fact he just rambles through the conversations with guests,,,a 12 yr old could do it better...

But I thought that Alain and Moz had fallen out because Moz had refused to let him play on the album! :p

Wait using some basic math skills we know YOR is 12 tracks. And Bozz has stated he has 4 tracks on the next album, Alain 6-7, so is it then safe to assume that there are 1-2 Tobias songs we don't know about on YOR?

Wait using some basic math skills we know YOR is 12 tracks. And Bozz has stated he has 4 tracks on the next album, Alain 6-7, so is it then safe to assume that there are 1-2 Tobias songs we don't know about on YOR?

:pray: please no kris pooley co-writes...

Steve Jones as a DJ walks a thin line between an acid casualty and an eccentric grandfather. It's astonishing how repetitive his schtick and patter were.

Interesting that Alain is moving towards production. I don't recall him saying specifically whether he played on the album (or even just on his songs) - just that he WROTE 6-7 songs. It could be possible that even fewer of his songs end up on the album if some are held over for B-sides, since we lack a true track listing to verify. Not to mention that registration on the Warner-Chappell site doesn't guarantee recording/release either way. Glad he has songs in consideration again, but I would be very disappointed if he does not appear on the album. I still maintain that the touring band lacks something very vital without his presence. The inappropriate new keyboard player does not help - sage move in going back to Roger Manning for the recording.

Cheers,
Jamie

Thought it was quite an amusing interview with all the embarrassing silences and eccentricity by Jones. Thought Alain's Kenneth Williams impressions left a lot to be desired though. :) Oh, matron...!! Nice to hear what Alain is up to as I really rate him and it's a pity he can't return to the touring band, but let's not go down that road again.....

As a brit who's never heard of this radio station, do many people actually listen to it or is it an obscure station?

Alain talks in the interview about what happens once they get into the studio. And he talks about it as in the present, not the past, so I don't know why people are so determined to hang on to the idea of him not being involved in the next album. Why not wait until you hear some hard facts rather than assuming the worst?

Thought it was quite an amusing interview with all the embarrassing silences and eccentricity by Jones. Thought Alain's Kenneth Williams impressions left a lot to be desired though. :) Oh, matron...!! Nice to hear what Alain is up to as I really rate him and it's a pity he can't return to the touring band, but let's not go down that road again.....

As a brit who's never heard of this radio station, do many people actually listen to it or is it an obscure station?

Someone turned me onto to his show specifically for the Alain interview. I think the station he is on is pretty big out on the West Coast yes.

Back
Top Bottom