Alain Whyte YT: "Sunny Day" (remote version - February 5, 2021)

Screenshot_20210205-230200~2.png

Regards,
FWD.

Lol. Does make me want to go listen to Nick Drake though.

Cringeworthy on so many levels. Alain just doesn't have what it takes to be a frontman - the voice isn't there, charisma isn't there. But he can't see it.

Last edited:
It's not too bad. The music is ok and they sound quite good considering the way it was recorded.

Yeah, Alain isn't a frontman and he really should be working with a singer/lyricist (not necessarily Morrissey).

It's not too bad. The music is ok and they sound quite good considering the way it was recorded.
It's a poor man's Cemetry Gates.

Cringeworthy on so many levels. Alain just doesn't have what it takes to be a frontman - the voice isn't there, charisma isn't there. But he can't see it.
God love him though - he's trying.

"Keep da "woooolves" away from mah dah!"

Spencer is conspicuously low profile, in the video.

God love him though - he's trying.

"Keep da "woooolves" away from mah dah!"
Weird thing is, his voice isn't bad - it's just this song doesn't show his ability at all. It's like he's just speak-singing something he made up on the spot.

Weird thing is, his voice isn't bad - it's just this song doesn't show his ability at all. It's like he's just speak-singing something he made up on the spot.
Yeah, he sings the Morrissey and Smiths songs really well. Surprisingly so, in fact.
It's just the clichés in the lyrics that ruin it for me though. The music's good. This one, musically, is better than anything he wrote on Southpaw Grammar IMO. It's light, tuneful and breezy.

Yeah, he sings the Morrissey and Smiths songs really well. Surprisingly so, in fact.
It's just the clichés in the lyrics that ruin it for me though. The music's good. This one, musically, is better than anything he wrote on Southpaw Grammar IMO. It's light, tuneful and breezy.

Someone send a copy of the music to Moz and let's see what develops.

Alain, I consider you to be an absolute top, top bloke and I wish you were still writing songs with Morrissey...but this is terrible...really bad...I wish it was incredible, but it's not. So sorry.

I like him but. His songs always have the same cowboy ring. No quite fan of that.

Tags
alain whyte

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom