Albumism review by Libby Cudmore: IANADOAC 0/5

Last edited by a moderator:
She is right about "What Kind Of People Live In These Houses" sounding kind of like David Byrne. I was going to come and write that because I've just been listening to the record and noticed it.
The steel guitar part sounds a lot like "Nothing But Flowers" and the "nobody cares what kind of people live in these houses" is a lot like the early Talking Heads song "The Big Country" which talks about how the people below live and how their lives look when you're watching from an airplane seeing places you'll never visit if you can help it. "I wouldn't live there if you paid me" is a line from that song and if Morrissey wants to do more covers those would be a couple of contenders. Johnny Marr even plays on "Nothing But Flowers," and both of those Talking Heads songs feature a steel guitar.
A David Byrne/Morrissey collaboration would really confuse the critics. I hope it happens sometime.
As far as this review she doesn't really have much credibility but she was right on this one point.
I don't know how a song "could have been great ten years ago" but now somehow isn't.
It sounds like she's making a desperate attempt to derail Morrissey like some of the people that post here every day. And she calls herself a fan, so I agree she is someone who has invested too much of herself into an image she had of Morrissey and now feels spiteful over being tricked somehow.

I'm not excusing the things he has said in the past few years but I'm so happy to have a really great new record that I don't really care anymore. It should be about the songs. If you're idolizing someone that you don't know it's never healthy and that is the real lesson. If you think Morrissey would like you or care about you well, maybe you need that, but you should try to get that from someone you actually can know and have a conversation with. Fandom is only healthy for young people who are developing their identities and while we can remain attached to artists that meant something to us it's better to have some perspective or you'll wind up disappointed.

Hilarious from the usuals:

Positive review: "Yaaay! What an affirmation! A good objective appraisal"

Not positive review: "Booo! What a travesty! A bad objective appraisal"

Never once asking why what is right with the reviewers they agree with has the same logical starting point as what is wrong with the reviewers they disagree with. Must be something wrong with them, right?

Last edited:

Never once asking why what is right with the reviewers they agree with has the same logical starting point as what is wrong with the reviewers they disagree with. Must be something wrong with them, right?
You're a stupid asshole. f*** off. I know you ignore me because you've lost a few rounds and your self image is too fragile, but you probably read my posts.
If you do, please get help. You have all the signs of early onset dementia and the sooner you get treatment the better.

ESO NO ES UNA CRITICA DEL ALBUM DE UN CANTANTE ES UNA DECLARACION DE ODIO HACIA UN CANTANTE,PARECE MAS BIEN ALGO PERSONAL QUE TIENE CON MORRISSEY POR LO CUAL CARECE DE VALOR,TODO HACE ALUSION A LO QUE EL SUPUESTAMENTE DIJO A LA POLITICA Y DESDE ESE LUGAR METE CAÑOS AL DISCO .!!!.BASICAMENTE NO SIRVE PARA TENER EN CUENTA COMO CRITICA DEL NUEVO DISCO DE MOZ. QUE CONSULTE A UN OTORRINOLARINGOLO Y A UN PSIQUIATRA,

0 objetividad ,como puede esta MINA publicar algo tan poco creible es evidente su furia,!!! No existe ninguna critica hacia algo que no vea nada positivo,incluso si la critica es muy negativa..ademas ella dice ser fanatica se contradice,solo vomita odio hacia MORRISSEY. Pobre realmente me da lastima como sufre,!!!¿¿¿como una despechada!!!?????

Why can't these Morrissey fans remember how to spell his first name? They keep calling him Stephen.

And Jesus - he never did say there was a conspiracy by black artists to keep white artists off the charts - it was the choices of the Top of The Pops producers he was moaning about & the producers were ALL WHITE. And they weren't keen on Indie.

& she hates his work because of what she thinks she knows about his identity & his politics. Like a bigot. The irony.

I noticed she ignored the pro-trans song. Might ruin her perky righteous rage against the wealthy white Islamophobic misogynist if she had to admit he was gay & might be trans thus meaning he had less privilege than her, the white feminist transphobe.

This is the funny thing with so many of these "reviews" and opinion pieces - I'd almost guarantee that they dont actually research what he has *actually* said - they just look at other "reviews" and opinion pieces within their own bubble and its a game of telephone. You might disagree with all his views, but theres no way the album is a 0/5, its far from perfect, but its not a 0/5 .. if you give it that and spend the majority of the "review" not discussing the music then you aren't reviewing the album - you're just virtue signalling.

A 'writer' with a closed Twitter account says quite a lot really.
Even if you hate Morrissey, there's some good melodies & ideas on the album and no musician really needs to see their efforts are 'nothing'.
Regards,
FWD.

But HE IS THE PERSON they fantasized about him being.

The trouble is they're not who they think they are. They're a bunch of sanctimonious normals who actually hate the freaks unless the freaks are behaving themselves.
I would suggest that you know nothing about Morrissey whatsoever and your endless conjecture is absolutely cringe inducing.

simple test skinflint,listen to the album and honestly tell us if its a 0/5 album.if you think it is then fine but I think you will give it more than this meagre effort.

What do you think of the music on the album?

“Listening to Waits and Morrissey was always about setting myself apart, showing how cool and unique and deep I was, but finding other people on Twitter and in real life who lose their damn minds when “Sweet Freedom” comes on the radio has been a deeply rewarding experience.”

She's just a pathetic lonely, well, let´s call her a woman, who wants to make herself important. There are plenty of those. Worst of all, she has very little understanding of music. Or she's just stupid! Who knows?

Morrissey-solo be like...

"Oooh we love Morrissey because he doesn't care and just says whatever he likes. He's such a hero, because he offends people and doesn't give a toss and we love that!"

Then...

...reviewer writes bad review of Morrissey album...

"HOW DARE SHE, THE DEAF, STUPID, MISERABLE, LONELY, SAD BITCH? HOW DARE SHE OFFEND US BY WRITING SOMETHING WE DON'T LIKE?!"

Unfortunately she gives the game away with this one sentence: A song like “Knockabout World” would have been gorgeous ten years ago, a lush and tender ballad about standing tall in the face of adversity.

So she unintentionally admits that is a great song but now refuses to like it because of Morrissey's political beliefs.

This wasn't a music review, it was a character assassination. Fair play she is free to write any type of review she likes, but yeah, she kinda let the mask fall a bit too far.
You have sussed her here... also to give a review of zero is a give away itself who ever the artist is .... I’ve never seen an artist or band get a zero review, so yes she’s out to twist the knife. I hope Kermit sneezes on her!!!!

Most Morrissey fans, myself included

Yes, because you are clearly such a huge Morrissey fan.

wealthy, white, male

Yes, how dare he be rich? How dare he be white? How dare he be male?

This is supposed to be an album review. However, I cannot help but feel that if Morrissey had produced these exact same songs - but was someone known for virtue signalling and having left wing views - then the review would be completely different. And that’s quite the indictment of this reviewer, whoever she is.

This is the funny thing with so many of these "reviews" and opinion pieces - I'd almost guarantee that they dont actually research what he has *actually* said - they just look at other "reviews" and opinion pieces within their own bubble and its a game of telephone. You might disagree with all his views, but theres no way the album is a 0/5, its far from perfect, but its not a 0/5 .. if you give it that and spend the majority of the "review" not discussing the music then you aren't reviewing the album - you're just virtue signalling.

It's obvious they only read other articles, they keep repeating the same mistakes. I doubt they know what a primary source is.

Some of them are shameless about reviewing the person & their morals & not the art. They actually believe art is worthless if it's made by people they disapprove of.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom