Alternate artwork for 'Low In High School'

40784_lihs_alternate.jpg

Almost worthy of Terrace Stomp... ;)

Posted on the OffMoz FB page. The 'art print' offered by HMV with Green vinyl.

Same kid í think, so probably another Tony Molina shot.

So now all í have to do is print off a dozen or so of these and replace the official art with alternate.

Stereo...For the man who has nothing...

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
40790_e0cb1166ba918702726c74ad80fea552--retro-advertising-vintage-advertisements.jpg

Now, THAT is an album cover :brows:

By the by, reading the new 'Uncut' magazine, among the releases scheduled for review in next months issue is the new Moz record. They helpfully print the following as the LP cover ~

20986850_386236198458493_5180288934789251072_n.jpg

~ presumably culled from here one month ago, where í posted it via theironbridge on ig, as a clearly fan-made effort.

Who says good journalism is dead...?

:rolleyes:

I always wondered why morrisseys's artworks had a bad taste ? I 'm a morrissey's fan too but except "Viva Hate", I had never liked a lot his artworks. When we compare to the Smiths...they were masterpieces... and we know that morrissey himself chose them ! sorry I don't like but we have to recognise that for his solo career this is really trouble ... the worst were: Maladjusted, Kill uncle, ringleader, years of refusal (my god !), world peace...

I quite liked the Ringleader sleeves. In hindsight I'm sure there is a message in all of these, especially the In The Future When All's Well one for obvious reasons.

220px-In_the_future_when_alls_well_01.jpg

Spoilt brat should be thankful to his parents. After all, they sent him to school and he learned to write.

They probably left him in the carpark cos' he didn't listen to them when they told him he was too old to play in a trolley.

He's a bit thick. Birds hovering ready to eat his eyeballs and he sits still as if nothing's happening.

The beige strip is fine and I really like the font. The Molina images, however, are just so incongruous they make the project look like it has been done on the cheap.

If they absolutely had to use this strange child couldn't they have at least washed him? He looks like a tramp, and that was even before they dumped the poor little sod in a shopping trolley. The dog on the cover of World Peace appeared to have better personal hygiene.

I really like "Worldpeace", even if it is none of my business. :rolleyes:
And the artwork with Paula the dog.
Moz has that melancholic but at the same time comic expression on his face.

The only flaw of *Worldpeace" was a missing, little bark of Paula on the album. Now would that be to much to ask, between all the beeps, cracks, electronic sounds and didgeridoo's? :)

40790_e0cb1166ba918702726c74ad80fea552--retro-advertising-vintage-advertisements.jpg

Now, THAT is an album cover :brows:

By the by, reading the new 'Uncut' magazine, among the releases scheduled for review in next months issue is the new Moz record. They helpfully print the following as the LP cover ~

20986850_386236198458493_5180288934789251072_n.jpg

~ presumably culled from here one month ago, where í posted it via theironbridge on ig, as a clearly fan-made effort.

Who says good journalism is dead...?

:rolleyes:
That's really funny that they made that mistake. I prefer your cover myself.

like this photo. the pigeons' shadows remind me of mario giacomelli's priests. was this picture shot in italy?
Molina says it was actually shot in Piccadilly - which is interesting (assuming it's not humour).
Similarly, I'm guessing Max was stood in front of Buck Palace without the axe if it's not Photoshop.
Regards,
FWD.

yes, but look at his little finger, all red and swollen... someone (morrissey?) has kidnapped/rescued this kid from his abusive parents and is now rushing off with him

I don't thinks it looks swollen. I guess it is paint or ink from making the sign. It could be another clue to suggest this wasn't done by Moz.
And I have to say, with regrets, :rolleyes: the handwriting does look a bit more artistic and sophisticated, less childish as Mozzers characteristic scribblings.
But that has a certain charm too. :D

Oh, how I love to get into these little details.

40784_lihs_alternate.jpg

Almost worthy of Terrace Stomp... ;)

Posted on the OffMoz FB page. The 'art print' offered by HMV with Green vinyl.

Same kid í think, so probably another Tony Molina shot.

So now all í have to do is print off a dozen or so of these and replace the official art with alternate.

Stereo...For the man who has nothing...

Related item:

Seen that pic and thought of 'This Be The Verse' by Philip Larkin.

Morrissey could print the entire poem on the album cover which would fit perfectly I think. That last verse is brilliant.

This Be The Verse
BY PHILIP LARKIN
They f*** you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.

But they were f***ed up in their turn
By fools in old-style hats and coats,
Who half the time were soppy-stern
And half at one another’s throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.