An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

I also felt that the treble was high up there.
You should also do an A/B comparison :)

Ok this is my final one, I'm happy with this and have added it to my Sonos. This was done using Adobe Audition, the overall volume has been reduced by -1.5db, and I used the hiss reduction process on each remix track with a custom profile.

https://we.tl/t-S5Ung409of

Ok this is my final one, I'm happy with this and have added it to my Sonos. This was done using Adobe Audition, the overall volume has been reduced by -1.5db, and I used the hiss reduction process on each remix track with a custom profile.

https://we.tl/t-S5Ung409of

Thank you very much for this. The hiss was troubling me (COME f***IN ON, SCOTT LITT!!), and I think you did a fine work there.

I am really disappointed about the sound quality of Live In Chicago 1995!
That sounds like a straight soundboard recording and not even close like a multi-track recording!!!

I am really disappointed about the sound quality of Live In Chicago 1995!
That sounds like a straight soundboard recording and not even close like a multi-track recording!!!

It is very poor. Of all the shows they could choose from, pick one that sounds good.
It's like listening to a mono recording from an adjacent room. You can barely hear the guitar at points. Doesn't exactly make you feel like you are there.

It is very poor. Of all the shows they could choose from, pick one that sounds good.
It's like listening to a mono recording from an adjacent room. You can barely hear the guitar at points. Doesn't exactly make you feel like you are there.

Based on what I paid for it, it sounds pretty good to me...

I'm not an audiophile because I don't have enough ears or gear for that, but the remaster sounds as atrociously brickwalled (and not remastered at all) as ever, the remix CD sounds unbelievably hissy in a way a renowned producer should never let happen and the live CDs sound as flat as any regular bootleg with seemingly zero work applied. The demos are incredible, the remix decision was bold and great in places, but it's crazy disappointing how little they pay attention to sound quality on these releases.

Edit: and this was my message #300. Hooray, hooray, hip hip, hooray.

I'm not an audiophile because I don't have enough ears or gear for that, but the remaster sounds as atrociously brickwalled (and not remastered at all) as ever, the remix CD sounds unbelievably hissy in a way a renowned producer should never let happen and the live CDs sound as flat as any regular bootleg with seemingly zero work applied. The demos are incredible, the remix decision was bold and great in places, but it's crazy disappointing how little they pay attention to sound quality on these releases.

Edit: and this was my message #300. Hooray, hooray, hip hip, hooray.
How can you say that the demos are unbelievable, where is the demo of Kenneth, Eyeliner, King Of Comedy, Star 69 etc etc etc those are the demos that they should have put and already if that later puts these instruments that do not contribute anything, that Radiohead's envy that releases all sessions and shots of Ok Computer. Why R.E.M. the same?

How can you say that the demos are unbelievable, where is the demo of Kenneth, Eyeliner, King Of Comedy, Star 69 etc etc etc those are the demos that they should have put and already if that later puts these instruments that do not contribute anything, that Radiohead's envy that releases all sessions and shots of Ok Computer. Why R.E.M. the same?

It is explained in the liner notes, that the demos of the songs on the album are essentially the same.
The songs have the same format etc they didn't really "evolve".
They wanted to present the material that didn't make the cut as it didn't meet the criteria for Monster.

I too questioned that at first, and I miss those possible demos as well. Then I read on Facebook exactly what is said in the post below yours. They chose these "alt" demos on purpose. The lack of actual demos for the songs we know is disappointing, but, considering they don't or barely exist anyway (as implied), this demos CD was a nice well-thought gift, I guess.

Does anyone have audio versions of the four songs performed on Later With Jools Holland in 2003? I think they were Nightswimming, Bad Day, Losing My Religion and What's The Frequency Kenneth... Thanks in advance.

Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom