"Angel Down We Go" covered by Courteeners

Maurice E

Not a huge (or even moderate) fan of the Courteeners but interesting to hear that they (or rather the singer) covered "Angel..." at their concert at the Salford Lads Club.
Good to hear bands covering the less obvious songs.

Didn't realise that Moz did this one live back in 91 on the Kill Uncle tour e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwJeBtjkjOU (not a great version, truth be told).

Wouldn't it be great to hear him do more songs (or even just the one) with only a simple string arrangement as the backing track?

Not a huge (or even moderate) fan of the Courteeners but interesting to hear that they (or rather the singer) covered "Angel..." at their concert at the Salford Lads Club.

Didn't realise that Moz did this one live back in 91 on the Kill Uncle tour e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwJeBtjkjOU (not a great version, truth be told).

Wouldn't it be great to hear him do more songs (or even just the one) with only a simple string arrangement as the backing track?

I quite like The Courteeners, but 'Will it be this way forever' is just one HUGE 'Angel...' /general Morrissey reference.

Photo of SLC looks fantastic

Liam-Fray-in-the-concert-hall-at-SLC-300x274.jpg

http://salfordladsclub.org.uk/2010/08/liam-fray-solo-gig-in-the-concert-hall/

Dave

Whomever does not like The Courteeners deserves to be spanked on his/her bare buttocks with a wet plimsoll... :p

Joking aside, they are playing Fibbers in York on Friday 03/09.
Ordered my tickets this morning, looking forward to it already.

I.R.

Whomever does not like The Courteeners deserves to be spanked on his/her bare buttocks with a wet plimsoll... :p

Joking aside, they are playing Fibbers in York on Friday 03/09.
Ordered my tickets this morning, looking forward to it already.

I.R.

True. :highfive:

I envy you, I was supposed to go and see them in Norwich a few months ago but couldn't make it. :tears:

True. :highfive:

I envy you, I was supposed to go and see them in Norwich a few months ago but couldn't make it. :tears:

Get yourself up to York Lottie dear...
Tickets are £20 inc. fees.
Should be a good night, Fibbers is a pretty small venue.

Edit: unfortunately it is now sold out, just checked. :tears:

Last edited:

Back in 91 he did not have any keyboards on stage. He could do a different version of this now. On the ROTT tour he did a better version of I've Changed My Plea to Guilty than the one from 91.

I have a video of this. He merges it into something else half way through. He also sang William and finished the gig with There is a light... :thumb:

Would it be possible for you to upload it? :)

It sounded like an amazing gig. Would haved loved to go.

Would it be possible for you to upload it? :)

It sounded like an amazing gig. Would haved loved to go.

I tried to put it on my Facebook but it just kept freezing half way through. So I tried Youtube but the verification email will not come through despite several goes... Not sure what else to try but if you have any suggestions or a youtube account already set up I'll give it a go.

I tried to put it on my Facebook but it just kept freezing half way through. So I tried Youtube but the verification email will not come through despite several goes... Not sure what else to try but if you have any suggestions or a youtube account already set up I'll give it a go.

Ye, i've got a youtube account. Is it possible for you to e-mail it to me (or is it too big?) and I can try uploading it maybe...

For Courteeners fans, I heard a rumour today about an MEN gig in December, with I Am Kloot supporting (whose new album, Sky At Night, is brilliant).

I hadn't even heard of Moz in 2004 so unfortunately wasn't at the comeback MEN gig, but I've only heard bad things about the venue :(. Is it really that bad?

For Courteeners fans, I heard a rumour today about an MEN gig in December, with I Am Kloot supporting (whose new album, Sky At Night, is brilliant).

I hadn't even heard of Moz in 2004 so unfortunately wasn't at the comeback MEN gig, but I've only heard bad things about the venue :(. Is it really that bad?

I went to see May 2004 gig with my friends at MEN Arena although our seats were in upper level, it was worth it.

If you really like Courteeners, you should go to the gig.

Last edited:

No, the venue is not bad at all and has a rich history. The Smiths played there in July 1986 for example, back when it was called the G-MEX.

I've seen Moz in May 2004 and The Courteeners in Dec 2009 at this venue and had a fantastic time on both ocassions.

Buy yourself a standing ticket if The Courteeners play there again this Dec and get as close to the stage as you can, you will not regret it.

Cheers,

I.R.

No, the venue is not bad at all and has a rich history. The Smiths played there in July 1986 for example, back when it was called the G-MEX.

I've seen Moz in May 2004 and The Courteeners in Dec 2009 at this venue and had a fantastic time on both ocassions.

Buy yourself a standing ticket if The Courteeners play there again this Dec and get as close to the stage as you can, you will not regret it.

Cheers,

I.R.

MEN Arena and G-Mex (now called Manchester Central) aren't the same venue.

http://www.manchestercentral.co.uk/

http://www.men-arena.com/about/?page_id=70

Last edited:
I went to see May 2004 gig with my friends at MEN Arena although our seats were in upper level, it was worth it.

If you really like Courteeners, you should go to the gig.

Yeah I definitely will do, presuming the info is correct :). I'd love to go to where 'Who put the M...' was filmed anyway, and The Courteeners never fail to put on a great gig.

You are absolutely right Kewpie, I stand corrected.
Got the 2 venues mixed up for some weird reason, too early in the morning perhaps? :)

I'd be more than happy for it to be at Gmex again. The Courteeners there last year was a sensational gig.

Back
Top Bottom