Morrissey Central "#AnimalsLivesMatter" (June 4, 2020)

When I was growing up Polish immigrants were the scum of the Earth (my heritage). People made fun of us and we just proved them wrong. We went to school, didnt ask for special treatment, and worked crappy jobs and gradually worked our wayup. We didnt scream for justice, we earned respect through hardworking and dignity. These protests are poor me mentality.

Yes. Being white is so hard. Good grief.

Yes. Being white is so hard. Good grief.
Well said Mecklenberg, I'd take a Polish immigrant any day over some POC.
The Poles are hardworking, proud people, whereas POCs are just lazy f***ers...and the rest.
These trolls on here are trying to make being white a crime. They're ashamed of their own skin & spend their days sucking up to the grs....and that's shameful and embarrassing. What a state.

Watched “Live in Madrid” again last night. What a show. What a time. What a band!!! They were something special, together.

Art is a fleeting engagement. The moments live forever but the synchronicity rarely lasts.

What I learned, from watching that again?

Morrissey - despite his best attempts - will NEVER be able to destroy the legacy of empathy, soul and humanity that was The Smiths, in 1985.
Your comment got me to watch Live In Madrid last night. Brilliant concert, vocally. The hat and shirt didn't look great but the band were tight! The power of Andy on bass can never be surpassed.

I don't recall the Polish being enslaved for hundreds of years and being sold on the auction block. Also, the Polish are caucasians, nothing to distinguish them on the street like say, a black person. This is not a good analogy.

You have heard of the Barbary pirates right?

Moz was great and I know it. When he wasn't twisting vitally important slogans to suit his agenda. This post is no better than the people who holler ALL LIVES MATTER. Well of course they do, but now is not the time. The topic is Black Lives Matter (not more or less than, equal to.)

We can focus on the goats, cows, and chickens tomorrow. Of course they're important. I wouldn't say otherwise, but it's tacky. Kung Flu, this, all of it.

Well, it’s very complicated.

Yes, now is the time for protests (which I applaud ) and for the government/police to of course, as they will, retaliate.

It’s an old story that doesn’t change anything in the long run. History repeats itself, and we’ll see it all again.

It’s all a part of the horrific theatric idiotic play of human folly, never going further than the surface at understanding our problems and finding a real solution.

The malady lingers on and on and on.

I feel that Morrissey, in his maybe crude and ‘tacky’ way, is getting closer to the root of the problem.

Take into consideration the desensitizing of human beings through the systematic brainwashing from the so called educational systems and media, but more importantly what goes on in every home at the early formative years of a human beings life, and that is, what is put on dinner plates across the world, rarely if ever questioned.

VIOLENCE BREEDS VIOLENCE

“ O my brothers
Please may I remind you
Not by way of warning
Nor to sermonize you
That we've all been here before

Here we go around again
World without end amen

Slay the Christians, burn the witches
Persecute the Jews
Sit back and watch a revolution
On the late night news
It's like reviving vintage films.”

There is a better world...

well there must be.

:cool:

Last edited:
It’s the ones that criticize that can’t put themselves in the mindset of an animal activist in order to try an understand a perspective other than their own.

Most can’t see the connection between eating animals, etc and the violence and injustice that is happening in the world right now.

So an animal eating another animal is ok but a human eating another animal isn’t? Why?

It’s the ones that criticize that can’t put themselves in the mindset of an animal activist in order to try an understand a perspective other than their own.

Most can’t see the connection between eating animals, etc and the violence and injustice that is happening in the world right now.
Most don't see the connection, but Martin Luther King Jr. did.

"Never, never be afraid to do what is right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way."

So an animal eating another animal is ok but a human eating another animal isn’t? Why?
Ultimately, it might be. But if you want to maintain the value and meaning of terms like ‘equality’, ‘soul’, and ‘good’ it isn’t.

On the level you’re arguing, it would be fine for someone to (say) kneel on someone’s neck until they’re dead.

You’re an intellectually confused bundle, I have to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because we breed them and rear them for the sole purpose of killing them. We industrialise them, pump hormones into them. We're not like some wild animal having to expend energy on hunting it's prey down. We trundle off to the supermarket and choose meat when we could choose anything else that would sustain us. I'm not being moralistic because I like a joint on occasion. After saying this though, if any other species was clever enough to obtain they're meat in the way we do, I'm sure they'd jump at the chance and do away with all the legwork. It may seem awful, the way we obtain our meat, but that's because we have the means and intelligence to get it the easy way. Man can do horrible things simply because he is so very more capable than the beasts. Intelligence has nothing to do with compassion.

That’s screwy.

Man is intelligent enough to create as we have many alternatives.

There is NO reason for humans to eat animals in our present society.

People!

USE YOUR LOAFS !!!!!

Moz was great and I know it. When he wasn't twisting vitally important slogans to suit his agenda. This post is no better than the people who holler ALL LIVES MATTER. Well of course they do, but now is not the time. The topic is Black Lives Matter (not more or less than, equal to.)

We can focus on the goats, cows, and chickens tomorrow. Of course they're important. I wouldn't say otherwise, but it's tacky. Kung Flu, this, all of it.
But since it’s a statistical fact that more unarmed while people were killed by police in America last year than blacks, why, if you object to All Lives Matter, aren’t you endorsing White Lives Matter as a slogan, and looting and rioting at that grave police injustice and epidemic of police brutality?

This is just another example of media and SJW activists cherry-picking favored cases which suit their overall agenda and help them foster the notion that America is flooded with white racism and racist cops are wantonly hunting down. black people, and that the lives of black people are as bad as they’ve ever been anywhere in history. It’s nothing to do with truth of any of that, just the Narrative used to push an agenda.

But since it’s a statistical fact that more unarmed while people were killed by police in America last year than blacks, why, if you object to All Lives Matter, aren’t you endorsing White Lives Matter as a slogan, and looting and rioting at that grave police injustice and epidemic of police brutality?

This is just another example of media and SJW activists cherry-picking favored cases which suit their overall agenda and help them foster the notion that America is flooded with white racism and racist cops are wantonly hunting down. black people, and that the lives of black people are as bad as they’ve ever been anywhere in history. It’s nothing to do with truth of any of that, just the Narrative used to push an agenda.
Because I can literally walk anywhere I please, at any time of day or night without weaponized discomfort being pointed my way. Because there is 400 years of American oppression of black people and institutionalized racism that has not been dealt with. Because there are simple and effective ways of making the police police themselves and to be accountable for not only themselves, but each other, and their community. Because blood is being spilled daily. Because white privilege exists. Because WE f***ING MUST.

Well, it’s very complicated.

Yes, now is the time for protests (which I applaud ) and for the government/police to of course, as they will, retaliate.

It’s an old story that doesn’t change anything in the long run. History repeats itself, and we’ll see it all again.

It’s all a part of the horrific theatric idiotic play of human folly, never going further than the surface at understanding our problems and finding a real solution.

The malady lingers on and on and on.

I feel that Morrissey, in his maybe crude and ‘tacky’ way, is getting closer to the root of the problem.

Take into consideration the desensitizing of human beings through the systematic brainwashing from the so called educational systems and media, but more importantly what goes on in every home at the early formative years of a human beings life, and that is, what is put on dinner plates across the world, rarely if ever questioned.

VIOLENCE BREEDS VIOLENCE

“ O my brothers
Please may I remind you
Not by way of warning
Nor to sermonize you
That we've all been here before

Here we go around again
World without end amen

Slay the Christians, burn the witches
Persecute the Jews
Sit back and watch a revolution
On the late night news
It's like reviving vintage films.”

There is a better world...

well there must be.

:cool:

While I very much respect Morrissey's passion for animal rights, I think he should rightly recognize that for the moment, he should take the back seat. At certain points, the less one says, the more they say.
I wish Steve well on his journey, but it seems he's going in circles with this and offending more people than he is enlightening.

While I very much respect Morrissey's passion for animal rights, I think he should rightly recognize that for the moment, he should take the back seat. At certain points, the less one says, the more they say.
I wish Steve well on his journey, but it seems he's going in circles with this and offending more people than he is enlightening.

His own website is a backseat.

I can't even find the page on my browser. I can only get to it through Solo.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom