Any Fish era Marillion fans?

everydayslikesunday

Hello

I use to be a massive fan of Marillion when Fish was their lead singer. But lost interest when he left the band and hadn't been bothered to play any of it since. His departure left we with a lot of ill feeling for the band. However, I recently got chatting with another fan and it sparked my interest to search out the first four albums on youtube and I fell instantly in love with Marillion all over again. All my Marillion collection is on vinyl so Amazon did very well out of my renewed love. I love Fish's voice and brilliant lyrics. They may have been the most unfashionable band in the world but that is everyone else's loss.

I don't expect much positive response to the post, but that's ok.

Hello

I use to be a massive fan of Marillion when Fish was their lead singer. But lost interest when he left the band and hadn't been bothered to play any of it since. His departure left we with a lot of ill feeling for the band. However, I recently got chatting with another fan and it sparked my interest to search out the first four albums on youtube and I fell instantly in love with Marillion all over again. All my Marillion collection is on vinyl so Amazon did very well out of my renewed love. I love Fish's voice and brilliant lyrics. They may have been the most unfashionable band in the world but that is everyone else's loss.

Never heard of them, but pretty decent.

Hello

I loved Marillion in the Fish era. The first two albums in particular. Then I moved away from any and all bands that would be featured in Kerrang! I only very recently decided to listen to Marillion again and I completely fell in love with them again. Fish's voice is amazing and I thought about the very Britishness of his lyrics and it reminded me of Morrissey in a very oblique way. They are both very literate, steeped in British history and yet working class-ish without necessarily being lefty, while also eccentric in their own ways.

wow another fan, I was getting a bit lonely.

Fish and Morrissey do have a lot in common, definitely both charismatic lead singers and brilliant lyricists. I never really knew why they regularly appeared in Kerrang! back in the 80's but then Queen were also featured and didn't really fit either. It's hard to imagine some one who head bangs to Number of the Beast picking up Fugazi and enjoying it?

Back
Top Bottom