ARCANE OLD WARDROBE ends its run

Announcement from The Comtesse DeSpair:

I started Smiths Presumably Forever Ill and Motor Cycle Au Pair Boy (grouped together under the banner 'The Arcane Old Wardrobe') back in 1996. The sites were intended as a labor of love to share with other fans the articles and images I had ravenously collected since I first became a Smiths Apostle in 1984. Over the years, I've heard from many fans who expressed their appreciation for my little contribution to Moz fandom, and I have always held those kind words close to my heart.

However, it's time for me to admit that I don't have the energy or dedication to carry the torch of fandom any longer, or to keep this site remotely updated, and to turn over the reigns to those who do. I will be combining the interviews, reviews, and quotations from the site into Passions Just Like Mine. A new consolidated image gallery is also in the works, so don't despair. There is nothing here that won't be found out there, somewhere, eventually. And if you're on Facebook, I will still be running the Morrissey In Quotes Facebook page indefinitely.

Thank you to everyone who supported the site, assisted me by contributing articles/scans and transcribing interviews, and provided kind words over the last 17 years.

Yours In Smithdom,
The Comtesse DeSpair

P.S. I will leave the galleries up until November 2nd, so that you can grab any pics you'd like before they come down.

Smiths Gallery: http://foreverill.com/gallery/
Moz-solo Gallery: http://motorcycleaupairboy.com/gallery/

Pity about that - used to go to that site many a lunchtime to brighten up a boring work day
Thanks for your efforts/dedication over the years

Another person so disgusted at the person who wrote the autobiography that they don't want to stay around celebrating him anymore? Bad writing, a bad attitude, and a bad character. Was Judge Weeks really so wrong?

It's whoppers like you who give this site a bad name
Go and troll somewhere else under your cloak of anonymity

It's whoppers like you who give this site a bad name
Go and troll somewhere else under your cloak of anonymity

Sorry - is Bradder68 your real name?

I thought everyone was anonymous here.

I notice this idiotic retort doesn't even address the issues raised; this is because they cannot be logically argued.

Morrissey is the troll-in-chief. The difference is that here people rightly point to his hypocrisy, arrogance, spite and ignorance, whereas Morrissey trolls at events of mass murder and racist opportunism.

Go back to sleep.

Would like to add my voice to the others and say thank you.
I have used the site often and I hope in whatever form, it goes on.
Kind regards,
FWD

Thank you, Comtesse, for all those beautiful pics.

Thanks Comtesse for the memories. I remember discovery this internet thing back in 1997 and regularly visiting your site for all things Moz.

Thanks for all you work over the years - it's a site I've used and referred to a lot. Good to see that much of your legacy will be picked up with Passions Just Like Mine and that a new image gallery is under development.

Dave

Comtesse, your site was a veritable primary school of all things Morrissey and Smiths for neophytes like I was, stuck in the Midwest. Many thanks for your contributions to fandom. We'll sitthee.

Comtesse, thanks for your hardwork. I enjoy those mangificent pictures on your sites and the information are so refreshing. Thank you. Cheers!

Thank you so much for all the efforts you've put into your site over the years. It really was an uber - resource and , as someone above mentioned , I'm pleased to hear it's to be preserved on PJLM ...

Sorry - is Bradder68 your real name?

I thought everyone was anonymous here.

I notice this idiotic retort doesn't even address the issues raised; this is because they cannot be logically argued.

Morrissey is the troll-in-chief. The difference is that here people rightly point to his hypocrisy, arrogance, spite and ignorance, whereas Morrissey trolls at events of mass murder and racist opportunism.

Go back to sleep.

The issues you have raised have nothing to do with the original thread
The majority of other posters seem to be saying thank you to the Comtesse for all the work he has done on the Arcane site
You seem to be of the opinion that he's taking it down because he's read Autobiography and doesn't like it ( or comments made in the past by Morrissey)
Surely if that was the case he'd pack in his Facebook page as well
I think you've missed the target by a fair way here

As with anyone you are entitled to your opinion - if you feel that strongly about it start a new thread on the Forum and people can debate it there

Thank you for all your hard work and effort, Comtesse. Your site has been appreciated by many users all over the world, & I have been there since the early days, watching your site grow & evolve. I am saddened that you have to end the journey here, but am glad that it will be preserved on Passions Just Like Mine.

Once again, thank you for everything you've done. And thanks for the memories :)

Take Care & Good Luck with your future endeavours, Comtesse DeSpair. Your presence will be missed! xxx

Thank you for all the kind words. They mean so much to me. :)

To answer the question - no, I didn't end the sites due to the The Book. The timing is just coincidental and I hadn't read it at the time I made my decision. But, having just completed The Book... Well, let's just say that it didn't serve to increase my enthusiasm about its author. Ahem.

I am thinking of starting up a blog (as if I need any other hobbies!) using the Forever Ill URL in the near future. A "Memories of an Aging Smiths Fan" kind of thing. When/if it comes to fruition, I'll let you know. Until then...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom