Arriving in Lima

45076_lima_arrival.jpg

photo by Riccardo De Dominicis

Link posted by Alexi:

Khaki NY Yankees Edition Blazer by Gucci

Long sleeve wool-blend twill blazer in khaki. Notched lapel collar. Padded shoulders. Two-button closure at front. Patch pocket at chest featuring black and white embroidered logo patch. Patch pockets at waist. Five-button surgeon's cuffs. Welt pockets at fully lined interior. Tonal stitching.

Part of the Gucci x NY Yankees ™ collaboration.

Body: 70% polyester, 30% wool. Lining: 100% cupro. Made in Italy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just hideous. Who knew ugly was so expensive? doh: Morrissey, you are letting these labels rob you of your natural style (as well as your money).

Are vegans supposed to look like mutton dressed as lamb?

*edit*

Hang on, the description for the blazer says it's made from a wool-blend :(

Are vegans supposed to look like mutton dressed as lamb?

*edit*

Hang on, the description for the blazer says it's made from a wool-blend :(
I don't know why this should come as a surprise to some people. He clearly isn't vegan. He admitted as much (in his usual obtuse, 'humasexual' sort of phraseology) in an interview not long back. And of course we've had #cheesegate and #cardigangate as well. Personally I couldn't care less what he eats or wears, but since he's so sanctimonious about other people's choices it's inevitable that he's going to invite judgement.

I don't know why this should come as a surprise to some people. He clearly isn't vegan. He admitted as much (in his usual obtuse, 'humasexual' sort of phraseology) in an interview not long back. And of course we've had #cheesegate and #cardigangate as well. Personally I couldn't care less what he eats or wears, but since he's so sanctimonious about other people's choices it's inevitable that he's going to invite judgement.

But he made a bit of a thing about his vegan shoes on that Larry King interview. Oh well, I'm sure that he'll take any criticism of his inconsistencies with his usual good humour and understanding.

But he made a bit of a thing about his vegan shoes on that Larry King interview. Oh well, I'm sure that he'll take any criticism of his inconsistencies with his usual good humour and understanding.
Yes, I know. I can only assume it was a short-lived phase, because just five months ago he said that: 'while he doesn’t eat animals, birds or fish, he considers himself to neither be “vegan, vegetarian or carnivorous”.' Which, as many pointed out at the time, was rather like the dietary equivalent of 'in technical fact, I am humasexual'.

Yes, I know. I can only assume it was a short-lived phase, because just five months ago he said that: 'while he doesn’t eat animals, birds or fish, he considers himself to neither be “vegan, vegetarian or carnivorous”.' Which, as many pointed out at the time, was rather like the dietary equivalent of 'in technical fact, I am humasexual'.

Ah, I missed that. I thought he was still fighting the good fight. I guess the lack of cheese probably was more than he could take.

He showed the shoes to say he doesn’t support death for clothes and I don’t know that this principal applies in cases of wool or shearing. Jacket does look good though. Being from Maryland I’ll just pretend it doesn’t have a ya kids logon

Just hideous. Who knew ugly was so expensive? doh: Morrissey, you are letting these labels rob you of your natural style (as well as your money).

Errr...you think the labels don’t given them to him as a bit of free advertising?

Always thought that odd question about underwear (Swedish?) in an interview years ago was blatant placement.

Grey jacket is OK, blazers suit him. If he wore the full Gucci "look as in promo pic he would look like Jimmy Cranky.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom