Article: Daily Star - Morrissey and Victoria Wood; "Victoria Wood's Nice Cup Of Tea" to air (Apr. 10

Re: Daily Star - Morrissey and Victoria Wood

You haven't read this?

Clive Langer mentioned which tea Morrissey enjoyed during Kill Uncle period.

I went through that whole article and still did not see the part where he talks about the tea they shared.

I find it interesting in this video Morrissey is drinking Allegro brand tea. That is a good tea.

Re: Article: Daily Star - Morrissey and Victoria Wood; "Victoria Wood's Nice Cup Of T

I was following the Smiths on tour when you were masturbating to Toni Basil, you know nothing arriviste twat. There are few things sadder than someone who first heard of an artist five f***ing minutes ago acting as they are be all and know all.

I've said before the States ruined Morrissey as an artist, and it's dribbling Bieber-like arse lickers like you who prove it. He doesn't need to stretch himself as an artist with fools like you who treat the average stuff he currently produces as sermons from the mount. He can't get a record deal because the stuff is no good, and do you know what? I doubt anyone else would either.

You won't have heard of him I'm sure, but there is a singer called Nick Cave whose career runs parallel to Morrissey's, and is similarly talented as a lyricist. His latest album was released a month back. It's terrific. The idea Morrissey cannot produce work of similar stature is ridiculous, but he won't while he's getting his backside kissed instead of kicked.

This is the real issue I have with Morrissey currently. On the one hand I wash my hands with him and look back at his legacy, with each day passing, realising nothing much more will be added to it, apart from the pallid dripfed single on re-issues/RSD day every Sheffield flood. His opinions and political views seem to be spiralling into an Alan Partridge style outpouring in which the same old subjects are under his cosh, The Royals, The Government, meat-eaters, the Chinese (even though I think he has a fair point there) and so on and so forth...

...But there are the occasional moments when I see or hear him in the media, and I admit I still get the goosebumps and the flutters in the pit of my stomach when he nails a point home or articulates wonderfully about subjects like the ones which may seem nice and normal eg: tea. I will say this too; he's totally engaging and oozes charisma out of every inch of his frame. This may sound weird coming from me as I'm quite critical now of his current trajectory, but I found myself giggling like a daft kid again when he was just assessing that tea cosy. I just think I'm Moz starved, I think we're all Moz starved.

Plus he still looks sweet as a nut.

Last edited:
Re: Article: Daily Star - Morrissey and Victoria Wood; "Victoria Wood's Nice Cup Of T

My theory on Barleyfart and the other lowlifes on this thread who dish out nasty remarks about Morrissey are jealous and angry that they cant be like him. They dont have talent, cant sing, cant write a song,

We can use apostrophes, though...

and are probably f***ing ugly looking and hide behind their laptops typing away because it makes them feel better about themselves and their mundane lives to say hateful things about a man who is so incredibly special and beautiful. None of them would have the guts to say those things to Morrisseys face and I have no problem dishing it back. f***ing losers.

What are you "dishing back" that even remotely resembles wit, or arrogance, or anything other than badly typed moronic babble who no one here takes as anything other than a feeb's attempt to fight?

Here are the necessaries in 720p HD ~

Why are the two of them together so wonderful?
I love them both, would be great to see a double act :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I can't listen to him talk without getting a headache. Why, WHY does he OVERPRONOUNCE every word he speaks? He never used to do that. Everything that comes out of his mouth, it's like he's straining each syllable to make it sound as dramatic as possible. Kind of makes me laugh, kind of annoys me.

"This is what the skateboarding kids wear"...?! Oh my GOD. Morrissey, congratulations. You're officially old. Enjoy your tea and arthritis.

Last edited by a moderator:

I can't listen to him talk without getting a headache. Why, WHY does he OVERPRONOUNCE every word he speaks? He never used to do that. Everything that comes out of his mouth, it's like he's straining each syllable to make it sound as dramatic as possible. Kind of makes me laugh, kind of annoys me.

"This is what the skateboarding kids wear"...?! Oh my GOD. Morrissey, congratulations. You're officially old. Enjoy your tea and arthritis.

He's been like that for years.

I know what you mean, but this was an oasis of soft affection in a sandpit of coarse abrasion. A glimpse of a memory from a time travel several years or decades ago when this was normal and we loved him for a reason rather than a defense

Earlier in this thread I was asked if I knew what Morrissey is about. I can tell you what he isn't about.

No record deal, a poor crop of a mere handful of songs, and reduced to chatting about tea, no matter how amusingly is not what he should be about.

Apparently to some of the Borg - including you- who post here this guy is without fault, and incapable of being wrong on any subject. It's no different from the behaviour of Beiber's fans and it's embarrassing, and in part it is responsible for holding back one of the finest lyricists popular music has ever produced.

I don't want to remember him as his own tribute act for Mexicans whose only other entertainment is collecting heads in a bag. I want the album.he should still be capable of.

Just because some people leap to his defense when we feel that he is being unfairly maligned in no way means that we believe him to be without flaws. In fact, the reason that I was originally drawn to Morrissey is because he writes so openly about feeling rejected, inadequate, and frustrated with the things that he cannot change. These are hardly the lyrics of a man who believes himself to be perfect; and because I understand that he is a human being, imperfect like the rest of us, I can overlook his recent uninspired writing.

The words come from Morrissey; you cannot blame his musicians or his fans if he is momentarily suffering from a touch of writer's block. He is not a machine, and he needs to be emotionally inspired to express his deepest thoughts and feelings. No one but the man himself can explain what is currently holding him back; but I am certain of one thing, being relentlessly and viciously attacked will not provide the inspiration that he needs. Additionally, I don't recall anyone fawning over the last couple of songs; there seems to be a consensus that this is not his best effort; however, I will not let a couple of songs negate his entire body of work. Morrissey's worst lyrics are still exponentially better than most of what is, or has been, produced by other song writers; yet, the criticism he receives is absolutely brutal. May I remind you that Bowie gave us "China Girl" and "Modern Love", then nothing else for decades; Springsteen, who was a competent writer early on, sold out and produced nothing but shit after he became popular, as did Elvis Costello; the Rolling Stones have not made one memorable song since the late 70's; the Beatles gave us gems like "Octopus's Garden", "All Together Now", and "Ob La Di Ob La Da"; and don't forget that pretentious needle-dick Sting and his profound "Da Doo Doo Doo". These writers have given us embarrasingly awful lyrics, yet they are still revered by their fans.

The only conclusion that I can make is that Morrissey is actually more adored than others, because only someone that you deeply love could cause this much frustration. Every time Morrissey seems to be down for the count, he comes back with an amazing record. I have faith that this will happen again; I wish that more of you would agree.

lynnda

He's been like that for years.

I know what you mean, but this was an oasis of soft affection in a sandpit of coarse abrasion. A glimpse of a memory from a time travel several years or decades ago when this was normal and we loved him for a reason rather than a defense

Talent is luck. The important thing in life is courage.

Of course you have, BrummieBoy. When, where and what?

I was making that up. I've never met Morrissey, not once. Ever. Just ask him and he'' confirm he's never met me, never, not even once, and I'm making it all up. Etc.

Just because some people leap to his defense when we feel that he is being unfairly maligned in no way means that we believe him to be without flaws. In fact, the reason that I was originally drawn to Morrissey is because he writes so openly about feeling rejected, inadequate, and frustrated with the things that he cannot change. These are hardly the lyrics of a man who believes himself to be perfect; and because I understand that he is a human being, imperfect like the rest of us, I can overlook his recent uninspired writing.

The words come from Morrissey; you cannot blame his musicians or his fans if he is momentarily suffering from a touch of writer's block. He is not a machine, and he needs to be emotionally inspired to express his deepest thoughts and feelings. No one but the man himself can explain what is currently holding him back; but I am certain of one thing, being relentlessly and viciously attacked will not provide the inspiration that he needs. Additionally, I don't recall anyone fawning over the last couple of songs; there seems to be a consensus that this is not his best effort; however, I will not let a couple of songs negate his entire body of work. Morrissey's worst lyrics are still exponentially better than most of what is, or has been, produced by other song writers; yet, the criticism he receives is absolutely brutal. May I remind you that Bowie gave us "China Girl" and "Modern Love", then nothing else for decades; Springsteen, who was a competent writer early on, sold out and produced nothing but shit after he became popular, as did Elvis Costello; the Rolling Stones have not made one memorable song since the late 70's; the Beatles gave us gems like "Octopus's Garden", "All Together Now", and "Ob La Di Ob La Da"; and don't forget that pretentious needle-dick Sting and his profound "Da Doo Doo Doo". These writers have given us embarrasingly awful lyrics, yet they are still revered by their fans.

The only conclusion that I can make is that Morrissey is actually more adored than others, because only someone that you deeply love could cause this much frustration. Every time Morrissey seems to be down for the count, he comes back with an amazing record. I have faith that this will happen again; I wish that more of you would agree.

lynnda

lynnda: thanks for sharing!

He isn't touched by 'momentary' writer's block as he's written 3 albums worth of stuff or so he claims. If the 3 demos are anything to go by, he needs to stop writing for ever, before he destroys his mind with such banalities. If you choose to be co-dependent with his mediocrity, don't expect everyone else to do so as well. He is a machine, he is a professional touring musician, no different from any other, except for some diva tantrums and a lot of cancellations due to health problems.

I'm not sure you understand what 'exponential' means, but if you seriously think the lyrics to 'Boy's A Looker' are exponentially better than most of what is, or has been, produced by other song writers then you need to realise most people will laugh out loud if you say that with a straight face. "Ob La Di Ob La Da" is one of the finest lyrics in the Beatles canon, Madness have re-written it several times, but Morrissey never mentions the Beatles because he knows they are absolutely above and beyond his limited talent. And most other people feel this way about his limited oeuvre, other than the cult fan-atics who gather here like it's some shrine to genius. Morrissey is no genius, his formulaic writing both lyrically and in terms of vocal melodies hasn't moved on for decades. People come here to talk about themselves, Morrissey is incidental, as he is when he plays festivals and people facepalm and walk away to watch something else when he starts acting silly. He's only comfortable in front of his herd cult fan casualties, can't deal with a real audience.

If you think Southpaw Grammar or ROTT is amazing then you're easily pleased ears are letting you down. Keep the faith! There's a dwindling amount of cultists but if Moz does decide to sing about anything other than his inability to form relationships that last or his tax/business car crashes, an audience will drift back to listen. Or he could retire. Probably the best idea if he can't write something decent. Why do you wish that other people would agree with you? I don't care if anyone agrees with me, but then I'm a narcissistic sociopath, god knows why I'm on a site about Morrissey, eh?

Very well stated, lyndda. I do agree with you. I am hoping Morrissey will wow us once again. Although I agree the demos are far from his best I do like them, especially live. I have to admit I love all Morrissey's albums. His music is very special to me, he's been my favorite since high school. I know some of the output is better than others but I enjoy it all. I know to many of you that will make my opinion invalid but I guess for my and my personality this is how my love for Morrissey goes. I can understand why in the case of other people they feel angry that Morrissey is disappointing them and not living up to his potential. None of these posters would get so angry if they didn't love the man, and that is their way. I get it. I do think people are off base and worrying needlessly that Morrissey could damage his legacy. Not possible. He has done so much already, really an amazing career. He is amazing live still in 2013 (which amazes even me) and hopefully he will put out at least one more great album, heaven knows he's capable!

lynnda

Well said!! Thanks, Lynnda, for posting this :) I, too, believe he will amaze us again with a wonderful record...hopefully sooner than later!

"The reason Hitler couldn't get us is because of tea" Oh he's one of us again now is he ? One minute he insults and slags us off to Argentina and now he's back on the victory march ! Make your mind up pal. Are you sure your a veggie ?
What a plonker !!!!!!

Del-Boy

dont get off your grifter, im sure he doesnt consider himself "one of you"

Talent is luck. The important thing in life is courage.

Thats what i thought, but if you say it most people percieve it as jealousy. In my case im not, just think that.

Even though it was a barb it was exciting to hear Morrissey reference skateboarders. A great many of us skaters love Morrissey and he has many references in skateboard culture.

lynnda: thanks for sharing!

He isn't touched by 'momentary' writer's block as he's written 3 albums worth of stuff or so he claims. If the 3 demos are anything to go by, he needs to stop writing for ever, before he destroys his mind with such banalities. If you choose to be co-dependent with his mediocrity, don't expect everyone else to do so as well. He is a machine, he is a professional touring musician, no different from any other, except for some diva tantrums and a lot of cancellations due to health problems.

I'm not sure you understand what 'exponential' means, but if you seriously think the lyrics to 'Boy's A Looker' are exponentially better than most of what is, or has been, produced by other song writers then you need to realise most people will laugh out loud if you say that with a straight face. "Ob La Di Ob La Da" is one of the finest lyrics in the Beatles canon, Madness have re-written it several times, but Morrissey never mentions the Beatles because he knows they are absolutely above and beyond his limited talent. And most other people feel this way about his limited oeuvre, other than the cult fan-atics who gather here like it's some shrine to genius. Morrissey is no genius, his formulaic writing both lyrically and in terms of vocal melodies hasn't moved on for decades. People come here to talk about themselves, Morrissey is incidental, as he is when he plays festivals and people facepalm and walk away to watch something else when he starts acting silly. He's only comfortable in front of his herd cult fan casualties, can't deal with a real audience.

If you think Southpaw Grammar or ROTT is amazing then you're easily pleased ears are letting you down. Keep the faith! There's a dwindling amount of cultists but if Moz does decide to sing about anything other than his inability to form relationships that last or his tax/business car crashes, an audience will drift back to listen. Or he could retire. Probably the best idea if he can't write something decent. Why do you wish that other people would agree with you? I don't care if anyone agrees with me, but then I'm a narcissistic sociopath, god knows why I'm on a site about Morrissey, eh?

I think that I clearly stated that my assessment of his talent is based on his collective works, and I agreed that the most recent songs, including "Boy's a Looker" are weak in comparison to a majority of his previous work. I firmly disagree with you if you are implying that "Ob La Di Ob La Da", or any of the similarly juvenile Beatles' songs, is lyrically better than "Dear God, Please Help Me" or Life is a Pigsty". If you respond that this is the case, I will finally be certain that you just come here to wind people up. Far too many people fawn over the Beatles just because it is expected, and while their relevance and influence cannot be denied, ignoring their weaker songs is glaringly similar to the dedication shown to Morrissey that you so vehemently condemn. I also disagree with your comments about his limited vocal range; I think that Morrisey's voice has greatly improved with age, an accomplishment that most singers cannot claim. As for M not praising the Beatles, we all know that he is a bit tight with his compliments for other artists, just as we all know that his subject matter has been fairly consistent over the years. He obviously has some issues of insecurity, but this has been no secret to anyone. His inability to form solid, lasting relationships has also provided us with some of his most touching lyrics, "Come Back to Camden" being the one that immediately comes to mind. This song, with its vivid imagery and heart-wrenching revelation of loneliness and regret, along with similar compositions, clearly solidifies his reputation as a lyrical genious. As you have read, I do not fawn over his every word or action, and there are times that his public commentary frustrates me, so please refrain from comparing me to a mindless, blind member of the fan herd. As for my plea that more people agree with me, this is not a need for self-validation; I am at a point in life when I do not care what anyone thinks; my plea was for his sake. It fills me with great dismay that so many are quick to dismiss him when he obviously once provided something that was desperately needed. In my opinion, I owe him a debt, and I plan to repay it with my continued support. I expect, and respect, a contrary reply; but, I stand firmly by my opinions.

i think that i clearly stated that my assessment of his talent is based on his collective works, and i agreed that the most recent songs, including "boy's a looker" are weak in comparison to a majority of his previous work. I firmly disagree with you if you are implying that "ob la di ob la da", or any of the similarly juvenile beatles' songs, is lyrically better than "dear god, please help me" or life is a pigsty". [not implying, explicitly stating]

if you respond that this is the case, i will finally be certain that you just come here to wind people up.[i do, especially morrissey!]

far too many people fawn over the beatles just because it is expected, and while their relevance and influence cannot be denied, [except by morrissey, has he ever mentioned them?]

ignoring their weaker songs is glaringly similar to the dedication shown to morrissey that you so vehemently condemn. I also disagree with your comments abouthis limited vocal range; [it is limited, he hasn't got 4 octaves, like kate pierson.]

i think that morrisey's voice has greatly improved with age, [agree] an accomplishment that most singers cannot claim.[that's nonsense, most singers who sing everyday get better and better, it's not rocket science. Once morrissey had formal vocal training he found a good instrument to convey his emotions]

as for m not praising the beatles, we all know that he is a bit tight with his compliments for other artists, just as we all know that his subject matter has been fairly consistent over the years. He obviously has some issues of insecurity, but this has been no secret to anyone.
[he is much more than this, he is mean and ungenerous, hides his influences, has no respect for artists like rory gallagher whose oeuvre forms the soundscape to his music,etc. He's probably never listened to rory]

his inability to form solid, lasting relationships has also provided us with some of his most touching lyrics, "come back to camden" being the one that immediately comes to mind. [his lyrics are only meaningful when they convey empathy such as hsin, cbtc is histrionic and unintentionally hilarious, given the repressed hysteric lyrics. At 40+,that stuff's a bit silly from anyone who can afford the woody allen nyc therapy junkie lifestyle]this song, with its vivid imagery and heart-wrenching revelation of loneliness and regret, along with similar compositions, clearly solidifies his reputation as a lyrical genious. [lololololol! No, it actually proves he's no such thing and is merely rehashing his youthful flourish. Really badly!]

as you have read, i do not fawn over his every word or action, and there are times that his public commentary frustrates me, so please refrain from comparing me to a mindless, blind member of the fan herd.
[ok, but do you mock and ridicule his pathetic 'political' statements? Or do you just make excuses because you're part of some fan/star cult? If you don't put him in his place you are part of a 'mindless fan herd' like nearly everyone else here. Moz is l.ron and banning davidt for hosting free-speech was one of morrissey's final faux-pas. Plus the fcuk t-shirt of course! He's a deeply reactionary artist and expects a corporate structure to invest capital, even though he won't. His demos are boring dad-rock, but his conspiracy theories about capitalist music companies are beyond ridiculous. Unlike bowie, he's now firmly part of the endlessly touring, post-p2p boomer herd, which includes many more who claimed they were 'radical artists' to the nme, when they were also just careerist 'rockists' as morley suspected]

as for my plea that more people agree with me, this is not a need for self-validation; i am at a point in life when i do not care what anyone thinks; my plea was for his sake.
[huh? You feel the need to shelter a multi-millionaire fame addict? Why? He's asked to be destroyed by his audience by being endlessly provocative. I guess it's slightly less desperate than heroin or alcoholism, but he's finding out that his feet of clay are on display.."alabaster crashes down...30 years is a long time.."

it fills me with great dismay that so many are quick to dismiss him when he obviously once provided something that was desperately needed. In my opinion, i owe him a debt, and i plan to repay it with my continued support. [and this is the crux: Morrissey is now openly contemptuous of the emotional 'sunk investment' of both his credulous cult 'fans' and his audience. I'm the latter camp. Why do you feel any need to 'repay with my continued support'? Do you feel that way about other consumer products and experiences? Do you repay the manufacturers of your food, clothes and cars with 'continued support'? Some do, as the similar fan-cult around jeremy clarkson shows. No psychologically healthy person (or one moving towards such health) invests emotional congruence with manufactured products, which is what 'songs' are. They mergre dreams, memes and temes: The unconscious jungian symbolic repository, cultural memetics, conveyed through technology. That's why it's the beatles, black sabbath (nirvana as summary of both) and kraftwerk who will endure, whilst the smiths will be recorded as an interesting footnote to 'eleanor rigby' and a few simon and garfunkel songs. Mind you, nicking that riff from can for 'how soon is now' was very clever. Clever. Not original.]

i expect, and respect, a contrary reply; [good, because you've been given one, as has morrissey scowling at this in some boring doldrum of luxuria] but, i stand firmly by my opinions.[so do other cult casulalties, whether they are scientologists, opus dei catholics or 'fans' of delusional pop 'stars'.

we come not to seek fame: But to destroy it!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom