"As a black teenager, I loved Morrissey. But heaven knows..." - Guardian article by Joshua Surtees

Going by how many anti-Corbyn articles the Guardian managed to publish after he was first elected leader, I suspect they've got about another 150 of these anti-Morrissey pieces in the pipeline...

As a black teenager, I loved Morrissey. But heaven knows I’m miserable now - Opinion / The Guardian
By Joshua Surtees
I used to defend Morrissey against accusations of racism. Now I feel betrayed by his support for bigots like Tommy Robinson

(And it's some top class trolling, using "Heaven Knows..." in the article title, given how much they know Morrissey hates that and "Bigmouth" being used in headlines.)

This is never going to end unless Morrissey backtracks/apologises. Which means: this is never going to end.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
In 2018, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences voted to expel Polanski from its membership because of the statutory rape case.

Are you @bhops arguing that Roman Polanski got away with this because he is "a Jew?"
That is the argument you're in.
Where did I mention Judaism? NOWHERE. Polanski got expelled as the #metoo movement picked up steam and the Academy knew it had to be seen doing something. Previous to that they had spent DECADES working with him, critically praising him and awarding him, all because he was a great 'artist.' Hollywood thinks that such filth can be swept under the carpet because 'art' or some such shit.

I had a feeling you would say that - in fact that's why I asked it.

But guess what: I don't believe you.

You're a fence sitter. You oppose the views of others but rarely offer any of your own. I've actually come to the conclusion that you have no views. You just enjoy the ride.

As you're an American I can partly understand this. You're relatively contented in your life and country. The USA is never going to become a Muslim country - whereas my country England is, and very soon. Passions on my side are heated - whereas you have no reason for passion.

Last edited:
Where did I mention Judaism? NOWHERE. Polanski got expelled as the #metoo movement picked up steam and the Academy knew it had to be seen doing something. Previous to that they had spent DECADES working with him, critically praising him and awarding him, all because he was a great 'artist.' Hollywood thinks that such filth can be swept under the carpet because 'art' or some such shit.
you don't just throw away a diamond because it's sharp and someone might get hurt!

you don't just throw away a diamond because it's sharp and someone might get hurt!
Do you know the story? He lured the 13 year old girl up to the house promising a photo shoot, plied her with champagne and sedatives, and then took her virginity by raping and sodomizing her. That's OK by you?

Do you know the story? He lured the 13 year old girl up to the house promising a photo shoot, plied her with champagne and sedatives, and then took her virginity by raping and sodomizing her. That's OK by you?
It says everything about the collective mentality and morality of Hollywood that they thought it acceptable to sign a petition and give a standing ovation to this creep. One of the reasons why I believe MeToo is nonsense.

No, I know you didn't. But that's what reelfountain is saying and that's what I was responding to.

Are you talking to me?
Oh, never mind. lol I have her on ignore so I didn't see who you were talking to.

Last edited:
it's okay with the girl, i mean, she doesn't want to pursue it, does she? I think the artistic community should be an amoral one, because art often involves dissembling and breakdown and amorality. the problem is when good ordinary folk who have no business being in the art world find themselves in it or think that somehow it pertains to them. in any case, I think what goes on in the artistic community should have a different set of standards from the rest of society, and if you're not okay with that, well don't very well try to stick your nose into it, no one asked you to. it's that simple.

edit: that is to say, that while i think what he did as a man is despicable, I see no reason why he shouldnt still be lauded by the art world on the basis of his art. they're two separate things entirely.

Last edited:
it's okay with the girl, i mean, she doesn't want to pursue it, does she? I think the artistic community should be an amoral one, because art often involves dissembling and breakdown and amorality. the problem is when good ordinary folk who have no business being in the art world find themselves in it or think that somehow it pertains to them. in any case, I think what goes on in the artistic community should have a different set of standards from the rest of society, and if you're not okay with that, well don't very well try to stick your nose into it, no one asked you to. it's that simple.
Again she was lured up there on a false premise, given alcohol, drugged and then sodomized. How much free will did the girl have in that situation? I’m going to screenshot your responses because your clearly advocating rape and paedophilia as ok as long as ‘art.’ Which is about the single sickest thing I’ve read on this site.

Again she was lured up there on a false premise, given alcohol, drugged and then sodomized. How much free will did the girl have in that situation? I’m going to screenshot your responses because your clearly advocating rape and paedophilia as ok as long as ‘art.’ Which is about the single sickest thing I’ve read on this site.
well i never have discussions with people who screenshot my responses, as a rule

well i never have discussions with people who screenshot my responses, as a rule
Nor do I have conversations with people who condone the rape and sodomy of kids.

Nor do I have conversations with people who condone the rape and sodomy of kids.
you're such an idiot. I meant that what he does in his private life, though possibly odious, does not have the ability to negate the value of his art. it's too separate things. when I enjoy someones art, im not thinking to myself "by enjoying this movie, am I condoning everything this man has ever done and said?", no, of course not. do I need to know about who this person is in their private life to say "this movie is good" or "this movie is bad". no, of course not.

Read your reply about diamonds, the casual dismissal of his actions. ‘The girl doesn’t want to pursue it’ again the casual dismissal of what he has done. For a start she is now a WOMAN and after 40 years of processing the horror simply wants to move on with her life. Hardly the same with being ok with it.

‘I think what goes on in the artistic community should have a different set of standards to from the rest of society’ OH REALLY????

You casually blundered into a conversation on a subject you know little about (quite typical for you) and are now furiously trying to back pedal.

Well for sure there will be a few female posters on these boards who have been raped. I wonder how they feel about the merits of being raped by someone who is an artist versus say a bricklayer? Whether it’s easier to seperate out if someone writes poetry as opposed to laying bricks?

Read your reply about diamonds, the casual dismissal of his actions. ‘The girl doesn’t want to pursue it’ again the casual dismissal of what he has done. For a start she is now a WOMAN and after 40 years of processing the horror simply wants to move on with her life. Hardly the same with being ok with it.

‘I think what goes on in the artistic community should have a different set of standards to from the rest of society’ OH REALLY????

You casually blundered into a conversation on a subject you know little about (quite typical for you) and are now furiously trying to back pedal.

Well for sure there will be a few female posters on these boards who have been raped. I wonder how they feel about the merits of being raped by someone who is an artist versus say a bricklayer? Whether it’s easier to seperate out if someone writes poetry as opposed to laying bricks?
I just don't see why the hell meryl streep shouldn't give him a standing ovation. she likes movies and he's made good movies. end of.

simpleton.

I think what goes on in the artistic community should have a different set of standards from the rest of society,

I agree to an extent but I'm not as absolutist as you are. Sure, artists are always going to be more degenerate than the general population. You're gonna have a lot of junkies and perverts. That's life.
But I don't think that means they should be given a blank check to be as degenerate as they want. If that were the case, every pedophile would just start calling themselves an artist.

you're such an idiot. I meant that what he does in his private life, though possibly odious, does not have the ability to negate the value of his art. it's too separate things.

Not necessarily. A person's private life will inform their art and vice versa.
IF they can keep their private life and public life separate, that's one thing. But the fact is that artists are public figures and to degree, role models, whether they like it or not. I don't think it's healthy for society to have known millionaire pedophiles walking among us.

I just don't see why the hell meryl streep shouldn't give him a standing ovation. she likes movies and he's made good movies. end of.

simpleton.
Childhood survivors of Rape of the world salute you.

I agree to an extent but I'm not as absolutist as you are. Sure, artists are always going to be more degenerate than the general population. You're gonna have a lot of junkies and perverts. That's life.
But I don't think that means they should be given a blank check to be as degenerate as they want. If that were the case, every pedophile would just start calling themselves an artist.

Not necessarily. A person's private life will inform their art and vice versa.
IF they can keep their private life and public life separate, that's one thing. But the fact is that artists are public figures and to degree, role models, whether they like it or not. I don't think it's healthy for society to have known millionaire pedophiles walking among us.
You don’t even need to go that far. The guy drugged, raped a child and then skipped the country to avoid doing the full time for his crimes. He has then studiously avoided returning to America in order to avoid facing those charges. Effectively he is a criminal at large and that should be the ONLY fact you need to make your assessment of him.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom