Atlantic City postponed to June 22

Re: Morrissey Postponed Show Due To Virus

From the Morrissey: Official Facebook page:

" As Morrissey and the touring party recover from a virus, the engagement in Atlantic City at the Revel Ovation Hall has been postponed to Sunday, June 22. All previously purchased tickets will be honored on the new date. The tour will resume as originally scheduled, without question, at the Boston Opera House on Saturday, June 7 "

haha, didn't you hear,morrissey is not on farcebook or twatter..old news..and why would he stoop so low to go on these despicable sites.:crazy:

Morrissey Has disrupted my work schedule four times. Everyone who plans to enjoy the concert life work , home, has to be re arranged to allow for the concert. FOUR TIMES I missed work. People who love him feel so Betrayed.
He should truly apologize to Atlanta. And, make a stop again here at a reduced price. If he claims to have the spirit and kind soul that he exudes, he would have already Mention something to us. Life is hard when you feel
that someone is a true kind soul and you admire him for that. Then he does this to us again and again. Will he mention this wrong and try and make it right? I feel i am having to let go of Moz and just listen to Johnny Marr. Who is
a truly gifted musician and played the living hell out of " The Loft" on West Peachtree just a few months ago !

Morrissey Has disrupted my work schedule four times. Everyone who plans to enjoy the concert life work , home, has to be re arranged to allow for the concert. FOUR TIMES I missed work. People who love him feel so Betrayed.
He should truly apologize to Atlanta. And, make a stop again here at a reduced price. If he claims to have the spirit and kind soul that he exudes, he would have already Mention something to us. Life is hard when you feel
that someone is a true kind soul and you admire him for that. Then he does this to us again and again. Will he mention this wrong and try and make it right? I feel i am having to let go of Moz and just listen to Johnny Marr. Who is
a truly gifted musician and played the living hell out of " The Loft" on West Peachtree just a few months ago !

Taking the night off to see a concert is hardly disrupting a work schedule. Drama queen.

with all respect for you and your duties, illness cannot be 'planned', viruses cathes us without asking for permission - all we have to do is to be psychophysically unfit to perform our duties.

i guess he was ambicious about his physical condition with 'wpinoyb' tour plan.

not so long ago he was given a medical advice to give up concert singing.

instead of being angry with him for irresponsible artistic behaviour, i'm worried about his life now.

p.s. apologies

I have one ticket for tomorrow's show in Boston and one ticket for Tuesday's show in Baltimore. My car decided to break down yesterday so I won't be able to make it to either. They're fairly decent seats, if anyone wants to buy them just message me on here. :(

with all respect for you and your duties, illness cannot be 'planned', viruses cathes us without asking for permission - all we have to do is to be psychophysically unfit to perform our duties.

i guess he was ambicious about his physical condition with 'wpinoyb' tour plan.

not so long ago he was given a medical advice to give up concert singing.

instead of being angry with him for irresponsible artistic behaviour, i'm worried about his life now.

p.s. apologies

Every ticket sold should be refunded on the grounds that the Steven Morrissey crooning experience is not fit for purpose

I'm not sorry

I have one ticket for tomorrow's show in Boston and one ticket for Tuesday's show in Baltimore. My car decided to break down yesterday so I won't be able to make it to either. They're fairly decent seats, if anyone wants to buy them just message me on here. :(

Sorry but they are not worth the card they are printed on.
My advice is 1) wait till the cancellations are announced and just get your hard earned dollars refunded 2) learn your lesson you got off lightly and NEVER invest anymore dough in the Steven Morrissey pop act farce ever again. Spend it on the car and decent bands who give value for money instead.

No worries it was a pleasure

Sorry but they are not worth the card they are printed on.
My advice is 1) wait till the cancellations are announced and just get your hard earned dollars refunded 2) learn your lesson you got off lightly and NEVER invest anymore dough in the Steven Morrissey pop act farce ever again. Spend it on the car and decent bands who give value for money instead.

No worries it was a pleasure

Pot calling kettle, you're investing something more precious than money, your time, posting away 24/7 on somebody you despise.
What does it say about you? Why aren't you investing your time on "decent bands" instead of the "farce" that is Morrissey?

You seem like an awful person Bunny-the-Bastard, not able to say one bloody positive word on any matter. Preach some advice to yourself and get it together.

Get a f*ckin life. Sad little man, what now?

This is why I'm pleased he even bothered to stop in Lincoln even though he would just end up not enjoying the experience. He stopped by and gave us the full experience of Morrissey on Tour. The drama is part of the experience. The cancellations and inconveniences are part of the experience. I think any Morrissey fan that even half assed followed his career should be prepared for this and not really upset because this is the Morrissey Experience. This is really not Joel Osteen on tour and you could expect a lot of issues on a taxing endeavor such as a tour.

I had to miss the St. Petersburg show because I had to be out of town, & was secretly hoping he'd start the cancelling/postponing thing with that show. Missed by two dates.

Yeah, totally. And why would anyone blame Moz for getting sick? If he double-booked, then I'd say he was an ass, but to condemn one's hero for getting ill? Sad.

A couple days ago I made an appointment at the JCP salon and today as I was driving there, Samantha called to say that Sunny was double-booked. Brandie booked my appointment; I don't know who booked the other broad's appointment. Double-booking is the behavior of an a-hole, not getting sick. Does that complaining fool think Moz *wanted* to get sick? Sad.

Get well soon, my hero!

Taking the night off to see a concert is hardly disrupting a work schedule. Drama queen.

Nothing so far about Boston- good sign? Think he's there yet?

A significant part of the problem is his continuing desire to play dozens of dates in one horse towns. He does it here too. It really is quite bizarre to see an artist who at one time could legitimately claim to be of major importance reduced to towns like Lincoln: both the real one, and the one in Nebraska.

Obviously that is to do with money more than anything else but I never thought I'd see the day Morrissey struggled to sell out any arena, but you don't need to do much Googling to find tickets still available in numerous venues. It is pretty depressing for fans, so for Morrissey himself it must be heartrending.

I have genuine admiration for those American fans who take days off work, travel six, seven, eight hours by covered wagon (you do still do that, yes?) to go to these odd little shows in odd little places. I'm not convinced I'd go to my local theatre to see him anymore and I can walk it in twenty minutes. The chances of a no-show, or a flounce off stage at some perceived slight is becoming too high to take the chance. If the band was better, if the singer was less fragile, if the new songs thrilled me, then maybe, but I'd have to think about it.

I've wondered for a while why he doesn't play fewer shows in larger cities where the tickets would sell and the stresses on his health would lessen. He has been burning himself out for years, trudging the wilderness, both literal and figurative, across three continents. It is time to stop, and concentrate on fewer shows in larger venues in cities with more than two sets of traffic lights.

I suspect he has run the numbers and worked out it is more profitable to do fifty shows a year at the arse end of the world than a night at the 02, one in Liverpool, Cardiff, Glasgow, and a Manchester homecoming once every couple of years.

If he isn't prepared to do that he should take a leaf out of Nick Cave's book. Cave vanishes for two years then returns with a more often than not stonking new album which he tours for two months, does some telly, and then, like a wisp of smoke, he has gone again.

Morrissey thinks he's a bigger and more important artist than Cave and he has priced himself out of the reach of nearly all sensible record companies and business partners over the last few years. The world has moved on and Morrissey stood still. He failed to embrace the internet until Harvest finally managed to get him to embrace new marketing techniques, and now there is a distinct possibility he has run out of things to flog and people to flog to. As a businessman he makes a fine singer.

Time has caught up with Morrissey and he simply isn't the man he used to be, but, in fairness, at fifty-five, who is?

Yeah, totally. And why would anyone blame Moz for getting sick? If he double-booked, then I'd say he was an ass, but to condemn one's hero for getting ill? Sad.

A couple days ago I made an appointment at the JCP salon and today as I was driving there, Samantha called to say that Sunny was double-booked. Brandie booked my appointment; I don't know who booked the other broad's appointment. Double-booking is the behavior of an a-hole, not getting sick. Does that complaining fool think Moz *wanted* to get sick? Sad.

Get well soon, my hero!

It isn't that he's ill. It is that he is ill often. If you were Morrissey's boss and he was working in the warehouse would you have had a quiet friendly chat with him by now regarding his attendance, particularly as when he's ill you have to close the whole shebang down for the day? You'd at least want a doctor's note, wouldn't you?

Morrissey has created his own world. He's a medieval king transposed into the 21st century. Just think of the bewilderment he must feel going out into the real world, one he now has little understanding of, and pretend in word and song that you know the first f***ing thing about it, while a small cabal of nervous yes-men flap around you hoping you don't compare a chicken to a terror victim. Again. That's not a life. It's a prison sentence. Horrific. How horrific? Have a look at that businessman's fan photo again, but this time look closely into Morrissey's eyes. There's no-one there.

A significant part of the problem is his continuing desire to play dozens of dates in one horse towns. He does it here too. It really is quite bizarre to see an artist who at one time could legitimately claim to be of major importance reduced to towns like Lincoln: both the real one, and the one in Nebraska.

Obviously that is to do with money more than anything else but I never thought I'd see the day Morrissey struggled to sell out any arena, but you don't need to do much Googling to find tickets still available in numerous venues. It is pretty depressing for fans, so for Morrissey himself it must be heartrending.

I have genuine admiration for those American fans who take days off work, travel six, seven, eight hours by covered wagon (you do still do that, yes?) to go to these odd little shows in odd little places. I'm not convinced I'd go to my local theatre to see him anymore and I can walk it in twenty minutes. The chances of a no-show, or a flounce off stage at some perceived slight is becoming too high to take the chance. If the band was better, if the singer was less fragile, if the new songs thrilled me, then maybe, but I'd have to think about it.

I've wondered for a while why he doesn't play fewer shows in larger cities where the tickets would sell and the stresses on his health would lessen. He has been burning himself out for years, trudging the wilderness, both literal and figurative, across three continents. It is time to stop, and concentrate on fewer shows in larger venues in cities with more than two sets of traffic lights.

I suspect he has run the numbers and worked out it is more profitable to do fifty shows a year at the arse end of the world than a night at the 02, one in Liverpool, Cardiff, Glasgow, and a Manchester homecoming once every couple of years.

If he isn't prepared to do that he should take a leaf out of Nick Cave's book. Cave vanishes for two years then returns with a more often than not stonking new album which he tours for two months, does some telly, and then, like a wisp of smoke, he has gone again.

Morrissey thinks he's a bigger and more important artist than Cave and he has priced himself out of the reach of nearly all sensible record companies and business partners over the last few years. The world has moved on and Morrissey stood still. He failed to embrace the internet until Harvest finally managed to get him to embrace new marketing techniques, and now there is a distinct possibility he has run out of things to flog and people to flog to. As a businessman he makes a fine singer.

Time has caught up with Morrissey and he simply isn't the man he used to be, but, in fairness, at fifty-five, who is?

I for one think its amazing he plays smaller opera houses rather than large arenas

It isn't that he's ill. It is that he is ill often. If you were Morrissey's boss and he was working in the warehouse would you have had a quiet friendly chat with him by now regarding his attendance, particularly as when he's ill you have to close the whole shebang down for the day? You'd at least want a doctor's note, wouldn't you?

Morrissey has created his own world. He's a medieval king transposed into the 21st century. Just think of the bewilderment he must feel going out into the real world, one he now has little understanding of, and pretend in word and song that you know the first f***ing thing about it, while a small cabal of nervous yes-men flap around you hoping you don't compare a chicken to a terror victim. Again. That's not a life. It's a prison sentence. Horrific. How horrific? Have a look at that businessman's fan photo again, but this time look closely into Morrissey's eyes. There's no-one there.

I think you've got it right about the isolationism.

P.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom