Average age of Morrissey's audience?

I'll confess my age... I'm a 104. (Boo)
I'm actually 19; just turned so this early October.
I can fairly say that the Morissey fan demographic is (about a third) late 30s-50s. most of those fans were probably around or became fans since the mid-eighties to the early nineties. Roughly another third goes to late 20's to early 30's. And the rest widely varies but I'm confident its early twenties, late teens and a few hip ten-year olds.

I'm 35. Saw my first Moz show when I was 17:D

I'm 24.
I have a work colleague whos in her 50s who thinks he's ''still gorgeous'', and started singing This Charming Man when I told her I'd be going to see him.
And, a man who I think is in his early 60s, who volunteers with me in a charity shop, listened to the whole of 'The Very Best Of The Smiths' CD, which I leave there to play when I'm on the till, last Friday. I'm going to ask him tomorrow what he thought of it. He may be my first conversion! Unless he's already a fan. :)

I'm 25 and I'm the only Morrissey worshipper among my friends and acquaintances - and before I made them listen to his songs, they didn't even knew his name. Unfortunately (for me, as he cancelled the Rimini gigs :mad:) he's not that big here in Italy.

39 just turned. Good to see he has so many younguns frequenting here :)

15, have been listening to Morrissey and The Smiths for around 3 years now...from no influence from anyone, just through sheer luck.

Is it just me who quite likes being the only Smiths fan you know? Kinda adds to it.

41, where have the years gone...
just found my old diaries from 1986-87: I couldn't ever remember being such a big fan of the Smiths... :confused:

I made my box-plot try to be as accurate as I could off the top of my head. The youngest fans I've heard of are some of the posters on here's kids, who are about 5 or 6. The oldest I know is my grandmother, who I forget the age of but she's in her late 60s. Most of the fans I come across are 40-50, and I know a good few teens from about 14 onwards who like The Smiths or Moz.

Is it just me who quite likes being the only Smiths fan you know? Kinda adds to it.

I know what you mean. When I starting liking The Smiths three years ago, none of my friends were fans. Now there are a few of my friends who are, and I feel ever so slightly miffed that he's not my secret anymore. :p

I'm 41, but I felt ANCIENT at the show in April. Our city has 52,000 college-aged students during the school year, so there are always a lot of 20-year-olds at concerts during that time. (For instance at The Pretenders this summer the crowd was about my age - it would have skewed much younger if it had be held during the school year.) Though I did see a few older guys and there were a few little kids which I think is adorable. He gave one little girl the mic and she asked him to sign a cd for her daddy. :)

I feel like the crowd on solo is younger than the average fan, and that maybe it's just a technological-divide thing.

I'm 16 years old and i only two other people my age who are into morrissey big time but i have introduce my friends into Morrissey.

Good stuff, introducing someone to Moz is a really great feeling. :thumb:

Welcome to Solo, by the way. :)
How very true that is.
I did a disc of the audio from "who put the m"for a young colleague at work.
He came in the next day absolutely ecstatic.He said he listened to it three times in a row.He wants more,so I said I'd do him one more.After that he must think about buying.
Not sure what yet?
I think I'll do another live one,maybe the radio one from Feb.
What shall I recommend he buys?
Tough call.
Early stuff or latest stuff.
I'll tell him to get on spotify and make his own mind up.
Of course the smiths as well.

I had an email conversation with a girl who works at the box office at THSH in Birmingham and she's been to a couple of gigs with her dad. That's cool!

Back
Top Bottom