"Back On The Chain Gang" enters at #1 in Official Vinyl Singles Chart; not in Top 100 Singles

F671EA14-72A7-4DC0-B2AF-73EE26FD273A.jpeg

"Back On The Chain Gang" enters the UK Official Vinyl Singles Chart Top 40 at #1. It did not chart in the Official Singles Chart Top 100.

UPDATE Dec. 5:

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Morrissey Number 1 - Morrissey Central
December 1, 2018

"Back On The Chain Gang" by Morrissey has entered the Official UK Vinyl Chart at number 1. U2 entered at number 2, and Paul McCartney entered at number 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, Moz’ single is still bigger on Spotify than Rick’s ‘big news single’ anyway, by some 100k plays.
Rick Astley would never give you up. But Morrissey? Let's just hope there's a space heater. ;)

He has a punk band?
Unfortunately the answer to this is 'yes.' Well I'm not sure if they disbanded, drowning under a sea of sales and international touring commitments, but at one point he certainly did.

So how much absolute sales is that? What number witnesses this triumph?

Here he is. The predictable one. Why you even arsed? You hate him
Spending your life on a site of a man you hate. The irony.
Clean yourself up, and hit the dating sites.

It looks like all of the nostalgia acts get a turn at being number one on the vinyl charts.

Such a youthful market.

Who's rick Astley

A guy from the Manchester area who sang shitty pop songs in the 80's and went on to sell 40 million album. He disappeared to spend more time with his family but then released a new album 2 years ago which went straight to number 1 and hit platinum status.

Well, U2 and Sir Paul are great names to be above.
Gotta love those vinyl charts!

Indeed - and neither has had a new single out for months which just goes to show how pointless the vinyl chart is!

Well, U2 and Sir Paul are great names to be above.
Gotta love those vinyl charts!

Why on earth would Morrissey crow about having a vinyl single charting higher than U2 or Paul McCartney? McCartneys was released in July and U2's is a remix of the 1995 original released as a limited edition 12-inch vinyl single for Black Friday Record store day?

Well, as he's a big fan of musical history he obviously much prefers to be above Sir Paul and U2 than to be above Little Mix or Jess Glynne, believe me. And quite rightly too.

Well, as he's a big fan of musical history he obviously much prefers to be above Sir Paul and U2 than to be above Little Mix or Jess Glynne, believe me. And quite rightly too.

I know you are a super fan but shit like this makes him look pathetic. I have followed Morrissey in the Smiths and as a solo artist for over 30 years and had some great times but god knows what goes on in his head nowadays, he has no need to post stuff like this.

Tags
back on the chain gang single

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom