Back On The Chain Gang - Morrissey Central; Recorded in LA, musicians credited, Chiccarelli produced

Solomon Walker playing bass on BOTCG
And Roger Manning on keyboards...

Back On The Chain Gang - Morrissey Central
April 2, 2018

42719_back_on_the_chain_gang.png

Morrissey has concluded recording at Sunset Sound in Los Angeles for Back On The Chain Gang. The song was written by Chrissie Hynde and was released by The Pretenders in 1982 when it reached number 17 in the UK, and number 5 in the USA.Joe Chiccarelli has produced Morrissey’s Back On The Chain Gang, and the musicians are: Jesse Tobias (guitars), Solomon Walker (bass), Matthew Walker (drums), with Roger Manning on keyboards.Morrissey is hoping for a summer release for the single.
Morrissey is presently number 1 with My Love, I’d Do Anything For You, and number 4 with Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s Up On The Stage in the UK vinyl singles chart.

Posted by Famous when dead:

Source appears to be an uncredited war time picture:

42720_back_on_the_chain_gang_original.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Boz may or may not still be around. Mando may or may not still be around, Gustavo may or may not still be around.

But Of Freakin' Course, Jesse is still f***ing hanging around.
Jesse "Herpes or Red Hot Chili Peppers, what's the difference?" Tobias.

Moreover, I wonder why it will be released in August, as Morrissey stated in that recent online post? 4 months away seems a bit strange if the song is done.

Moreover, I wonder why it will be released in August, as Morrissey stated in that recent online post? 4 months away seems a bit strange if the song is done.

Radio 2 has just added Jackie to the playlist. If it gets played enough, it may well revive the album's fortunes. Personally I'd be surprised as I think it's a pretty duff song but many others seemingly disagree. So they will want to see what happens over the next 2 months. Whether they then stick Chain Gang on to an extended version of LIHS remains to be seen.

If they are going down the physical 7" single route (as they have with the last few), maybe it just takes that long to get them pressed, covers printed and distributed, get a cheap n cheerful promo video made, and give the record pluggers the time to try and get the single some radio airplay etc? My understanding is that - unless you are a huge artist - it's not always easy to rush release vinyl, as due to the format's increasing popularity there can be logjams of releases already stacked up waiting to get pressed.

Who knows - maybe he also wants to try and book a few shows around the release date, to get some additional publicity?

I don’t want to jinx anything but I sort of feel this is probably tied to some Birthday surprise for me.

Would have been so cool of you were Ryan Edwards from Teen Mom OG.

ryan-edwards-03-27-18-1522269173.jpg

arya.jpg

Hang in there Ryan, you rule!

Not to mention, releasing a cover as a standalone single is just weird to me unless it's for charity. I wonder what kind of charity Morrissey and Chryssie Hynde could agree on? It's a head scratcher.

THE SECRET OF MUSIC ! (Statement by BtBB :greatbritain::knife: Upper Ramsbottom 11/4/18 )

Basically BMG are " the label " for signing up old time performers. No doubt Chrissie is signed to them as well. Don't be surprised if they have him performing Boy George songs next. Keep it in the family :brows:.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Waiting until August to put this out is indeed a curious move. He has played the song live for a while now and versions of it are all over the YouTube. So unless it's a proper single or EP package with new b-sides, I can't imagine it having any great impact even among Morrissey's fan base.

Tags
back on the chain gang single

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom