Back On The Chain Gang - Morrissey Central; Recorded in LA, musicians credited, Chiccarelli produced

Solomon Walker playing bass on BOTCG
And Roger Manning on keyboards...

Back On The Chain Gang - Morrissey Central
April 2, 2018

42719_back_on_the_chain_gang.png

Morrissey has concluded recording at Sunset Sound in Los Angeles for Back On The Chain Gang. The song was written by Chrissie Hynde and was released by The Pretenders in 1982 when it reached number 17 in the UK, and number 5 in the USA.Joe Chiccarelli has produced Morrissey’s Back On The Chain Gang, and the musicians are: Jesse Tobias (guitars), Solomon Walker (bass), Matthew Walker (drums), with Roger Manning on keyboards.Morrissey is hoping for a summer release for the single.
Morrissey is presently number 1 with My Love, I’d Do Anything For You, and number 4 with Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s Up On The Stage in the UK vinyl singles chart.

Posted by Famous when dead:

Source appears to be an uncredited war time picture:

42720_back_on_the_chain_gang_original.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam couldn't even get the right font for that atrocity of a sleeve. Where is BMG?

EDIT: More importantly, recorded without Boz?
not that much of a surprise as bozzs is doing concerts with his rockabilly stuff,and you never mentioned Gustavo,they obviously weren't available at short notice.

don't like the orange writing,would be better if it was a deep black.

Let's be honest, all Boz does is strum along the chords. I'm sure the band could easily cope without him in studio if he was busy doing other stuff (didn't he leave the 'Low in High School' recording sessions way earlier than everyone else anyway?)

Nevertheless, it is something of a first if Morrissey is going to issue something without Boz's involvement for the first time since 1991.

Yes, Boz seems to be less and less important. He co-writes only a few songs for LIHS and on every Facebook pic he seems to be drunk. So I can understand if his time is over. But I wonder about Mando and Gustavo though... Not to mention that a second guitarist is important for live shows. What about Alain? Oh well...

Oh, where to begin. So many thing wrong here with this release. But it is Easter, so I’ll be kind and keep my trap shut.

How many times Steve?
At our last meeting I told you to lose the complete line up not just a handful.
I also insisted that you distance yourself from your nephew and his awful style of PR.
I've tried really hard to reason with you of late but it's looking like I should have listened to advice given by Steve Barnett in the first instance. Until you make the changes we require nothing will happen as far as BMG are concerned, I would also be very grateful if you could stop Diesel calling my phone at all hours day and night, I know full well how important he is to you but he seems to think that he was also on the culling list
which we both know isn't true.
Keep in touch.

Korda Marshall :greatbritain::knife:

What will the b-side be? “Rose Garden” live has been reserved for the All The Young People single.

I believe theironbridge has mocked-up pictures before (with no intention of deceit). I think this effort surpasses Sam's. Did people seriously think some typed text over another library picture is the finished product? Sam is just getting ahead of himself in his new Julia role IMHO.
Whether this all indicates some major internal wrangling/changes is very much yet to be seen. That said, given the recent celebratory posts by the Boorer & Lopez families, I'd suggest not writing them off just yet.
Regards,
FWD.

not that much of a surprise as bozzs is doing concerts with his rockabilly stuff,and you never mentioned Gustavo,they obviously weren't available at short notice.

If you follow Boz at all on social media, he's been selling records in his shop and drinking. Not a rockabilly gig or "stuff" to be had since Mexico.

Boz left Mexico on the 24th of March (the day after the rest). I know he's a workaholic, but give him a break perhaps?
In those 9 days he's been to a funeral, seen a gig and manned a shop - all publicly available info. If you study his social media links that hard, you will see he is booked in April for Los Angeles and Las Vegas with a further gig in Nashville in May. All of which have been known about and are preexisting arrangements - exactly like him leaving the end of the LIHS session to travel to Japan for a pre-booked appearance (after all his parts were recorded - as Joe took the masters to France thereafter for mixing).
I think, exactly like other band members have been seen to be doing: he's entitled to do whatever he likes after a successful tour. Their social media doesn't indicate the behaviour of someone who's left the band (as ridiculously warped and rumoured to death here) - is benefit of the doubt so unfashionable these days?
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Boz left Mexico on the 24th of March (the day after the rest). I know he's a workaholic, but give him a break perhaps?
In those 9 days he's been to a funeral, seen a gig and manned a shop - all publicly available info. If you study his social media links that hard, you will see he is booked in April for Los Angeles and Las Vegas with a further gig in Nashville in May. All of which have been known about and are preexisting arrangements - exactly like him leaving the end of the LIHS session to tavel to Japan for a pre-booked appearance (after all his parts were recorded - as Joe took the masters to France thereafter for mixing).
I think, exactly like other band members have been seen to be doing: he's entitled to do whatever he likes after a successful tour. Their social media doesn't indicate the behaviour of someone who's left the band (as ridiculously warped and rumoured to death here) - is benefit of the doubt so unfashionable these days?
Regards,
FWD.

Your voice of logic and reason always delights me. :)

I liked the Moz cover of Chain Gang at the Dublin concert but instead of hearing a studio cover version I'd have preferred a live full concert CD taken from one or more of the recent concerts. He could have included the live version of Chain Gang on that.

Tags
back on the chain gang single

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom