"Back On The Chain Gang" single - UK release date announcement imminent

New Morrissey single release is imminent.

Confirmed via Morrissey Central. Song entitled: Back on the Chain Gang

Link:

Forthcoming UK single - Morrissey Central
August 25, 2018

44031_20180825_155650.jpg

Release date announcement imminent.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
YES!!!!!!!

A cover album full of cut-rate, soul-devoid, off-strip, pitchy-assed-grandpa Vegas lounge versions - to complete this final career flush - is JUST what the doctor ordered!

It’ll all be over soon. :)

msg1mq.jpg

Presumably, this will be the lead single from the new covers album. Rumour has it the album's out in November so guessing the single will be released late Sept/early Oct. It's a solid, tuneful song. The album's success depends on whether the radio stations believe Morrissey to be an acceptable 'brand' (and decide to play it) after all his stupidity in the last 12 months. I'm guessing it's still too soon...

YES!!!!!!!

A cover album full of cut-rate, soul-devoid, off-strip, pitchy-assed-grandpa Vegas lounge versions - to complete this final career flush - is JUST what the doctor ordered!

It’ll all be over soon. :)

msg1mq.jpg

Funnily enough a good covers album has led to a major career renaissance for many artists.

Funnily enough a good covers album has led to a major career renaissance for many artists.

That’s clearly what this is about. He’s lost a portion of his loyal following due to his stupid comments so this is an opportunity to reach out to a wider audience. Be interesting to see how it’s received and the choice of songs will be crucial.

The list of artistically, commercially and critically failed cover albums is much much longer. Could you please list some of the albums that have led to a career resurrection?

Germaine Greer, Australian writer , still alive btw.
Funny, she has this brilliant quote: Women have very little idea of how much men hate them.

I'm totally aware of that circumstance. Men hate women, especially when they realize they need them and depend on them. And even more in an explicit way since the moment they overcome an specific need, when they find another one to need. Domestic violence is a clear sign of it. The interference with women's bodies is another huge sign of that hate, like rape or the criminalization of abortion. Very few times that hate is temporarily neutralized, when man and woman meet as persons, but that happens in very rare occassions, because most times men look at women as preys. A recent study showed that being a woman you have less chances to survive if the ER doctor is a man. In my country one woman die every 30 hours killed by a man, in Brazil it's worst. In muslims countries it's a genocide.

Yes indeed but only if the songs are played and people hear them. If the artist in question has spent the previous 12 months acting like an ignorant bigoted twat, and completely toxified his 'brand', then the songs will be ignored completely by radio and the album will bring in career-low sales.

Do you think it will be brand new covers or ones he's done live or in studio before?

Do you think it will be brand new covers or ones he's done live or in studio before?

He's been pictured (in the last week or so) in the studio with musicians/producer so looks like it will at least include some new recordings if not a whole album's worth but I'd guess at the latter.

I really hope that he at leasts omits those covers that he has already released as live versions. Because the studio version of those would only add some production gloss, nothing else.

Yes indeed but only if the songs are played and people hear them. If the artist in question has spent the previous 12 months acting like an ignorant bigoted twat, and completely toxified his 'brand', then the songs will be ignored completely by radio and the album will bring in career-low sales.
He needs to play the game a bit, chat shows etc but he won't do it and tbf most chat shows (uk) will be wary of him . Thought he was quite charming and funny on the one show all those years ago. Rossy / norton / carr with a performance would do him the world of good sales wise ... wont happen tho

I really hope that he at leasts omits those covers that he has already released as live versions. Because the studio version of those would only add some production gloss, nothing else.

it’s NOT a covers album, thanks God.

He needs to play the game a bit, chat shows etc but he won't do it and tbf most chat shows (uk) will be wary of him . Thought he was quite charming and funny on the one show all those years ago. Rossy / norton / carr with a performance would do him the world of good sales wise ... wont happen tho
It's a bit of a double edged sword, though, isn't it? Yes, he can be charming and funny but also toe-curlingly awkward when he's got to engage with other people. The One Show was okay, but once they brought on Anita Rani and the science bloke it was a complete car crash. Most chat shows these days seem to like to pile all the guests in together and have them 'interact'. I think both the producers, and Moz, would probably steer clear of that for much the same reason. It's a shame, because the Jonathan Ross interview was great, but a lot of that was down to Ross's valiant work in dragging him out of his comfort zone. I'd love another TV interview but to be honest, I'd be watching through my fingers. I guess a live performance is the best we could hope for.

Maybe this recent tsunami of projects is just a last chance to increase his pension pot?

I've always liked his inability to acquiesce with interviewers it's noble and shows character. We are so unused to seeing this so it can be uncomfortable to watch.

I've always liked his inability to acquiesce with interviewers it's noble and shows character. We are so unused to seeing this so it can be uncomfortable to watch.
Yes, I know what you mean but I think it's a bit more than that. Like, an inability to connect with people on a normal, human level.

Tags
back on the chain gang single

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom