"Back On The Chain Gang" sleeve posted on Rough Trade

Now showing on (both including sleeve as already seen):

20180930_121202.jpg

Site blurb:
"Morrissey's Back on the Chain Gang. Available here on 7".
As the lead singer of the Smiths, arguably the most important indie band in Britain during the '80s, Morrissey's theatrical crooning and literate, poetic lyrics -- filled with romantic angst, social alienation, and cutting wit -- connected powerfully with a legion of similarly sensitive, disaffected youth. These fans turned the Smiths into stars in Britain, exerting tremendous pull over much of the country's guitar-based music for many years after their breakup, and even if the group remained underground cult artists in the States, they had a fan base that slowly, steadily grew larger over the years."

$10.99 via Rough Trade (US).

https://www.roughtrade.com/us/music/morrissey-back-on-the-chain-gang

20180930_121850.jpg

Site blurb:

"Morrissey presents a 7-inch single release of his cover of "Back On The Chain Gang," originally written by Chrissie Hynde and released by The Pretenders in 1982. It was recorded at Sunset Sound in Los Angeles, CA with Joe Chiccarelli, who produced Moz's last two albums World Peace Is None of Your Business and Low in High School, and features backing by Jesse Tobias (guitars), Solomon Walker (bass), Matthew Walker (drums) and Roger Manning (keyboards). It's joined here by a live version of "I Didn't Know What to Do" on the B-side."

$9.99 via Music Direct (US).
https://www.musicdirect.com/vinyl/Morrissey-Back-on-the-Chain-Gang-(Vinyl-7)

Regards,
FWD.

44453_Morrissey_Back_On.jpg

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Solomon Walker is back? But Mando hasn’t quit, though?

Site Blurb:

Hey remember The Smiths? We all loved The Smiths, The Smiths were some good stuff, weren't they? Pepperidge Farm remembers The Smiths. Remember that time on Top of the Pops when Morrissey put a whole bush in his butt crack? The Smiths! The Smiths, The Smiths, The Smiths! If you liked The Smiths, put this on your record player before replacing it quickly with The Smiths!

I plan to purchase 10 copies of this instant collectors item.:thumb:
play one and seal the others so I can sell for hundreds of pounds in a year or two.:rock:

If you have smarts you are well advised to do the same.

I don't think they take food stamps.

:rolleyes:

dont get all hysterical because your order was suddenly terminated. purchases
made from a computer situated in a hillbilly bar are automatically rejected.
:lbf:

Great photo. I only became a fan of her in the past couple of years. Love GG xxx

Site Blurb:

Hey remember The Smiths? We all loved The Smiths, The Smiths were some good stuff, weren't they? Pepperidge Farm remembers The Smiths. Remember that time on Top of the Pops when Morrissey put a whole bush in his butt crack? The Smiths! The Smiths, The Smiths, The Smiths! If you liked The Smiths, put this on your record player before replacing it quickly with The Smiths!
Member berries much?

THE SMITHS=MOZ:rock::thumb::brows:

LEARN IT:blush:

KNOW IT:kissingsmiling:

LIVE IT:tongueout:

THERE IS A LIGHT not there is a LOIGHT.:grinning::grinning:

Exactly. What the f*** kind of marketing would lean so heavily on The Smiths in 2018?
It reads as desperate and deflective.

This is Rough Trade, though - The Smiths were their biggest signing and put them on the map. It's in RT's own interests to push The Smiths.

Where'z Boz??

He’s off the chain gang. Actually I thought there were rumours that Morrissey’s Britain First support had driven a couple of the band regulars to decamp causing the logistical issues cited for the tour cancellation.

He’s off the chain gang. Actually I thought there were rumours that Morrissey’s Britain First support had driven a couple of the band regulars to decamp causing the logistical issues cited for the tour cancellation.

One of my favourite ever Ted clips, along with 'Small... far away'.
Is this true? I thought the traditional line-up were lined up as usual on the upcoming covers album?

im more intrigued by I didn't know what to do,thats a very well written song.

im more intrigued by I didn't know what to do,thats a very well written song.
I know, and there doesn't seem to be a complete live version out there - I can only find two and they're both (weirdly) stuffed in the middle of Speedway, and incomplete.

Tags
back on the chain gang single

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom