Bands you'd love to see live, but it's too late...

Operation Ivy

Thank God someone mentioned Operation Ivy. That would be fantastic. Rancid are great, but there is something about Operation Ivy that Rancid will never quite have even though half of Rancid is Opeartion Ivy.

Other than them:
The Smiths (obviously), Johnny Cash (50's/60's), Elvis Presley, Buddy Holly and the great Eddie Cochran.

They weren't THAT bad, the guy, Jeff Penalty sings a lot like Jello, of course it isn't the samew, but what else is there? Also, at least when I saw them, it was all three original members (Minus Biafra, of course.), DH Peligro, East Bay Ray, and Klaus Flouride.

I'm sure they're very good live, but... I'd much rather a Biafra spoken word gig!:p Yeah, it just wouldn't feel right.:(
Blondie still tour though, don't they? (I saw they were in your list)

-Hendrix
-Cream
-Derek and the dominos

-Charlie Christian
-Ozzy with Rhandy Rhoads

Howlin wolf, Elmore James and countles other blues artists:guitar:

And a few other bands I don't even dare to mention! :blushing:

if i actually tried to come up with an answer to this thread i would be in TEARS OF DEVASTATION.

TOO. MANY. WOE.

• Bowie during the Ziggy days - Few years before I was born though.
  • The Smiths (duh!) - I was probably 10 when they made their first LA visit.
  • Morrissey in '91 or '92 - Didn't discover the man till '92 and missed out. Didn't see him till '97
  • Suede w/ Butler - I believe they came to LA early 90s but didn't know about them yet
  • Suede w/ Oakes pre-HeadMusic - For some reaason didn't go to those 2 Coming Up tour LA shows in '97 and have been regretting it ever since.
  • Pulp around Different Class - Not sure if they ever came to LA.
  • Libertines w/ Doherty - Saw them in LA 2 times but both times minus Pete.

[*]Suede w/ Oakes pre-HeadMusic - For some reaason didn't go to those 2 Coming Up tour LA shows in '97 and have been regretting it ever since.

Saw Suede with Oakes, D.C. 1995 - first show of the US Dog Man Star tour. Not to add insult to injury, but yeah, it was amazing!

Nice to see someone else pick Eddie!

Oh yes, definitely. In my opinion, if Eddie hadn't died so young he would've gone on to be massive. He was very popular, but I mean Elvis massive. If Elvis can get that big without writing any of his songs, then I'm sure Eddie could've. He had energy, charisma and his songs were just fantastic, many of which he wrote himself.

The Darkness. :guitar: :D :o

T.Rex
Velvets
Led Zep
Ramones
Smiths

I shouldn't really complain because I DID get to see:
Jam
Queen (with Freddie)
Talking Heads
Bowie (Station To Station)
Cramps

1. The Smiths circa 1986
2. The Beatles circa 1966
3. Sex Pistols circa 1977
4. The Clash circa 1980
5. Elvis Presley circa 1968
6. Bob Dylan circa 1965
7. Jeff Buckley circa 1994
8. David Bowie circa 1972
9. Joy Division circa 1980
10. The Fall circa 1984

Ive since seen Bowie, Dylan and the Fall but not at their peak

The Smiths, and X-ray Spex in their early days, and Joy Division too. Oh and The Rezillos in their early days...

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V2krmvOCBJI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V2krmvOCBJI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Actually, add Nirvana to that list for me.

Back
Top Bottom