Barnsley and Reading

I don't doubt your devotion for your club, but chelsea in the mid 80's were the best supported away club in the country!

Ask Dixon, Nevin, Spackman (who was at Liverscum!), Speedie, Micky Thomas - they all say Chelsea away from home owned every home club! Our away support was amazing! Ok, I was only 8 in 83/84, but my brother told me. Nevin, my fave player was shocked about chelsea fans' support. you northern lot have no idea!

Ask Dixon, Nevin, Spackman (who was at Liverscum!), Speedie, Micky Thomas - they all say Chelsea away from home owned every home club! Our away support was amazing! Ok, I was only 8 in 83/84, but my brother told me. Nevin, my fave player was shocked about chelsea fans' support. you northern lot have no idea!

i know everytime you come to liverpool or everton we hear "nothing" outside.

when we go the bridge, we twat you scruffy bastards all over the place.

if you want your proof, ask the met as to why liverpool's visit has the biggest police presence.

chelsea?:rolleyes:

i know everytime you come to liverpool or everton we hear "nothing" outside.

when we go the bridge, we twat you scruffy bastards all over the place.

if you want your proof, ask the met as to why liverpool's visit has the biggest police presence.

chelsea?:rolleyes:

I'm talking about support and history. Not anything else. Pathetic! I know you weren't about in the second division in the early 80's cos' you were so good.

its easy to love your team when you're brilliant! and you lot were brilliant! we were shit! the shed - we still had that!

We took the clock end in august 83. 20,000 chelsea fans at least. you northerners have no idea!

So travelling 8 or so miles to Highbury consists of great away support?:rolleyes:
And the Clock End never had the capacity of 20,000:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

Oh per-lease.....
Ask any former player / manager at any club and they will say ''you were the best fans in the land'':sleeping:

City were in the second division the same time as Chelsea in the mid 1980's. We took thousands away from home too. Why? Because we were able to, playing at grounds such as Notts County, Blackburn, Huddersfield etc etc where they had poor attendances with big grounds and thousands could get in. Once back in the 1st division, the big games were all tickets and the capacities for away ends smaller.
You were 8, I was 21 + and there week in week out...... trust me..... dont just go off on what you have read on a messageboard or heard eighth hand on a coach going to a game.

Jukebox Jury

For most games up north. Chelsea either pay for 'all' fans to travel, by coach or train. Or at the very least, put on a subsidised travel.

10GBP return on the train
5gbp on the coach.

Even then they can't muster the numbers. And also, there is always a standard train after 11pm from lime st/piccadilly/preston to take any cockneys back to london. Where as the last train to manchester from euston, is 22:05, leaving us in dire straits, but we still go.

And the last 4 times chelsea have played wigan at the jjb, the admission price was lowered to 10 and 15 pound for chelsea fans, and still they couldn't muster more than 2800.

And anyway, chelsea now = rangers.

Last edited:
May I just say - Leeds have some pretty good fans!

Love PTxx.

Did any of you go to or see the last spat of pre-season friendlies today? Chels were 2-0 down with 2 minutes to go and we wangled a draw. I see Citeh got a draw too. Not long to go til the real thing now. Can't wait!

I went yes...always a good day out are pre season friendlies. Adebayor looked like a giraffe on ice most of the time though.

Tags
yawn
Back
Top Bottom