Beady Eye

King Leer

Leering since '97
Any thoughts on this project?
I just noticed on the official site that former Moz collaborator Steve Lillywhite is producing their debut album.

There are people posting fake Beady Eye tracks (some with pretty good production) on Youtube with wannabe Liam vocals. Hmm.

Liam Gallagher's new band Beady Eye has today released their first song, Bring The Light.
I have adored Liam for several years, but... After a few listenings I'm a bit disappointed... Had hoped for something a bit more substantial, like Born on a different cloud or I'm Outta Time. Or something in the romantic pop vein like the brilliant Songbird. This was just banal rock n roll with rubbish lyrics. But I'm not worried, I know Liam can do much better and the album will hopefully prove that.

What do you think? Have a listen: http://www.beadyeyemusic.co.uk/

I like the piano sound but it is all pretty cookie-cutter. "Baby, c'mon" over and over again is not gonna cut it. He should've just let loose with a really weird, or sleazy, lyric.

It'd be an OK song playing in the (deep) background at a pub while you're having a few.

...Only heard about 20 seconds of it , on the link above( and I have NO idea how to "Download" such things as free downloads....)....But, My first thought was "Oh f***....CAST have Re- Re -Formed...."...

Haha... No-one likes poor Liam. Except for me, although even I thought this song was quite bad.

No, I like him too. He's kept his looks, the clothing line is mostly quite good.
He's still got the f.u. attitude.

All the trappings and trimmings but no meat -- the words. I'd like Liam to do some travelling to some far off places and really interact with people. Not so he goes all "world music" on us but it could bring something very needed. Hell, even check out mods around the globe and see what they worship and then write a global anthem for them. Let me manage this band. I can be their Andrew Loog Oldham.

Haha... No-one likes poor Liam. Except for me, although even I thought this song was quite bad.

I like liam, I find him amusing.
I also like the way Noel read the NME cover to cover, studied rock star cool and and his younger brother comes along, without a care and became the front man of the 90s (at least for some).

Just watched the video for it on the nme site here. It actually made it more enjoyable, with the girls and old school feel. But the song overstays its welcome, particularly beyond the 3:40 mark.

If it ran around 2:40 and Liam worked on the lyrics a bit harder it could've been a nice little opening salvo for the band.

We'll see what else they come up with.

Everything that Leer said - True.

Just watched the video for it on the nme site here. It actually made it more enjoyable, with the girls and old school feel. But the song overstays its welcome, particularly beyond the 3:40 mark.

If it ran around 2:40 and Liam worked on the lyrics a bit harder it could've been a nice little opening salvo for the band.

We'll see what else they come up with.

I liked it. Obviously, they're not Oasis (what a pity) and, of course Liam doesn't write as well as Noel, but the result is better than could've imagined. I'm looking forward for the "debut" album. If you pau attention on thir site we'll see that the first single (pre-ordered with 4,000 copies) sold out quickly.

...RE my earlier Post above, comparing it to Cast....

I Dunno WTF I listened to, but it wasn't that NME version!!!
Just listened to the "Official" thingy, and I quite liked it...BUT....it could have easily have been one of John Lennons Out-takes from walls and bridges, or some such drug/alcohol influenced sub-standard waffle that he released in the '70's.
...It Still had me ol' foot tapping though, and thats all we/I should really expect from a POP song ....I suppose....

Back
Top Bottom