Bigmouth strikes again: Morrissey’s racist rhetoric inspires boycott - Baltimore Sun

Baltimore Sun with a Tired Recycled Title - on a boycott of Moz’s Merriweather appearance tomorrow.

Bigmouth strikes again: Morrissey’s racist rhetoric inspires boycott ahead of Merriweather Post Pavilion show - Baltimore Sun

Excerpt:

His return to Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia this Thursday has prompted calls for a boycott from the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR).

“Under the circumstances, attending Morrissey’s concert is a form of financial support and, in effect, an endorsement of his bigotry,” Zainab Chaudry, CAIR’s Director of Maryland Outreach, wrote in an email to The Baltimore Sun. “Therefore, CAIR is calling on fans to boycott the event to protest his racist, hate-filled views and to send a strong message that we expect better from him.”

Links posted by Famous when dead:

UPDATE Sep 5:

Link posted by Famous when dead:
Morrissey’s US tour suffers from low ticket sales - Consequence of Sound

Link posted by Unloveable:
Morrissey’s U.S. tour ticket sales are a disaster - The FADER

Link posted by jason lee charles hurst:
Muslim civil rights group urges fans to boycott 'bigoted' Morrissey - SBS News

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know his arse is Irish?
Because our Moz is...

irish as feck.jpg

Apparently their was a tiny protest, and the venue was well populated, its total press propaganda, Morrissey is loved, and he's challenged the Islamic shit, thank god someone had the guts to do so, why would any of us condone Islam anyway?,

So I have seen Morrissey (and other celebrities) claim to have been misquoted and misrepresented in articles and interviews and now I know EXACTLY how that feels. I knew the writer of this piece had an agenda and he said as much when we started the interview. We talked for over an hour and let me tell you, he left an imperial TON of gold on the cutting room floor! One thing I DID NOT SAY in any WAY, FORM or FASHION was that I was boycotting Morrisseys show nor was I staying away on any socio political or ethical platform. I said I don’t go to shows anymore because I ceased to be as entertained as once I was. I don’t think he’s done a great album in 25 years and I’m not interested in half the contents of the set list. Also, I wear an equal rights pin because I believe in that cause just as much as I don’t need people asking ME about MORRISSEYS politics (I don’t KNOW how he feels nor do I CARE!!!). For the record, I understand now what it is to be misquoted (Give Morrissey and MOST people you meet some earth folks!) I went to the show at Merriweather Thursday night (thanks to some AWESOME CB fans!) and I was almost thoroughly entertained! Viva MOZ! Forza Smiths!! - Quinn (www.facebook.com/caligulablushedsmithstribute)

f*** CAIR. f*** Muslims and their idiotic, violent religion.
I can't understand why Morrissey is even on CAIR's radar. Could it be because of his lifestyle and they are just using the racist excuse because while he may be pro Brexit he is for wide open borders for the US.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom