Bjork, yes or no?

iamkali62

I was just wandering in Amazon.com land when I started humming this old Sugarcubes song, "Motorcrash", and I was wondering, could a self respecting Moz fan REALLY get into her music? I like her, but to each their own. Opinions?

I was just wandering in Amazon.com land when I started humming this old Sugarcubes song, "Motorcrash", and I was wondering, could a self respecting Moz fan REALLY get into her music? I like her, but to each their own. Opinions?

I liked the novelty of that 'tired' record she did but everything else I've heard (so far) is a big thumbs down for me!

love

Grim

Before Moz, Bjork was my big obsession.
Her early solo work is divine.

The Sugarcubes are great also. 'Motorcrash' is one of their most indie-ish sounding songs and the album 'Life's Too Good' is full of great tracks. If you were really unsure, I'd recommend getting the Best of CD, which came out about ten years ago.

The Jesus and Mary Chain 'remixes' of 'Birthday' are my personal faves.

I really like Bjork, but I prefer Sugarcubes... wonderful!

Oh yeah, I love Bjork, KUKL, Sugarcubes, Tappi Tikarrass....All her stuff!
Though if I had to choose I would say Sugarcubes, because I like guitars :D

I think that the album Medúlla, which is made entirely with manipulated voices (no instruments), is brilliant.

I also like the Björk & Gudmundar Ingólfssonar Trio

I love her attitude, and her willingness to experiment - she's a real artist.

Post is a fantastic album.

Her latest, Volta is unlistenable, in my opinion.

did you know that the song 'army of me' was written for/about morrissey?

i have, or had, [its boxed away right now] the program of this album Post, the words to this song was written in her hand writing. when she talks about him, saying, stop complaining, you can see the word morrissey written in but scratched out. i guess she took the name out to make the song more universal or such. ill see if i can find it and scan it...i swear to god this is true

i have, or had, [its boxed away right now] the program of this album Post, the words to this song was written in her hand writing. when she talks about him, saying, stop complaining, you can see the word morrissey written in but scratched out. i guess she took the name out to make the song more universal or such. ill see if i can find it and scan it...i swear to god this is true

I didn't know that. I was active on a Bjork newsgroup back in 94/95 when "Army of Me" and Post came out, and that little tidbit certainly never came up.

She gets a respectful "No" from me, although the first Sugarcubes album, when I remember to play the damn thing, usually delights me. It contains one of the world's great song titles, "f***ing In Rhythm and Sorrow".

passionsjustlikemine:
Army Of Me" - Bjork
In her "Post" book, she writes: " 'Army Of Me' is about Morrissey, or anyone who feels they can't cope". The song originally included a line mentioning Morrissey, something like "stop acting like Morrissey". It could be a coincidence echoing a line in the Smiths' "Ask", but in the video for the song, a timebomb with the word "Smith" on it bring her and her friend/lover together.

drifter can you scan that i think you mmean that book right?

i adore her
have seen her 2 times (or 3 ) like in 2001 when she played a stunning concert in an operahouse very shortly after september 11..
with her inuit choir and an orchestra and her electronic duo musicians...ehh "matmos"
"play dead" live wow...venus as a boy ..ahhh
she is very unique and a true artist.

if she had continued bringing out albums in the same style like debut and post she could be an huuuuuge star(even much more bigger than she is now) who sell millions and millions and applies to the MTV generation of today -like gwen stefani--in that direction
..but she stayed true to herself and bringing out more "difficult" albums...i must say Im not too keen on medulla-not hearing it too often
but she is capable of writing perfect pop songs .if she does experiment and she dont care if she loses fans well then:respect!
her voice well you either love or hate her voice---
i repeat , i adore her..:sweet:even though I prefer her 3 solo albums to everything after homogenic
but some songs on selma songs are great.
one sing slighty offtopic
i cant quite understand why moz dislikes her-or at least the sugarrcubes as he had stated back then
(in the nme-i think).but mozzers` likes and dislikes of music i never could totally concur with my own-some I do, some not

i also like the jazz album she did before she brought out "debut" and i have some bootlegs with her singing coversongs some at sugracubes ,kukl times and some when she was child very obsure but great..
i like her interviews
.like some stuff she tells about herself are interesting:"being totally happy on her own as a child a but the problems starts with the must of communitating with each other."
.so i can see why she as a young teenager developed a liking for the smiths...;)

i think moz would like to beat up some journos too liike she did once but Im afraid he will ever do...too bad :D

Back
Top Bottom