Blender Apologizes to Morrissey

Tallboy7

Full disclosure: I work at Blender, if that matters, but the fact is Morrissey belongs on that list, and now is on it.

Apology is here:
http://www.blender.com/Blender-Blog-New-Post-05-06-2008/Blender-Blog/blogs/1168/24964.aspx

"For reasons we can hardly explain without legal counsel, our recent list entitled "The Top 50 Geniuses of Pop Music" was delivered to the Internets with one glaring omission: The Smiths lead singer, solo artist, and indisputable genius, Morrissey. In order to make right a small part of the world he might agree is anything but, we add this entry to our now-definitive list. Sorry, Moz."

Full list of geniuses is:
http://www.blender.com/TheTop50GeniusesofPopMusic/articles/24670.aspx

I thought you were kidding, but no--and it totally kills my joke of posting the Blender top 50 list in General Discussion, even though it had no mention of Morrissey!

Now he's in between Jimi Hendrix & Michael Jackson. Dare I make the obvious joke?

"For reasons we can hardly explain without legal counsel..."

Oh, real cute. :p I suppose that statement was in reference to Morrissey's court-ordered apology from WORD Magazine over Quadnick's "review" of GH.

Well, they should apologize!

#13.5? Wow.

Total Genius!!!

"It is arguable that whatever James Brown did for hip-hop, Morrissey did for emo."

:sick:

Morrissey may sing emotionally charged lyrics about how lonely and tough life can be, but emo bands represent the emotions of a 13 year old girl.

"It is arguable that whatever James Brown did for hip-hop, Morrissey did for emo."

:sick:

Morrissey may sing emotionally charged lyrics about how lonely and tough life can be, but emo bands represent the emotions of a 13 year old girl.

Another shallow lazy observation.
How many are we going to get?

Last edited:
Would it be a lazy, shallow observation to cut 'n' paste this tidbit from the bottom of Blender's site? :)

Blender's Top Artists: Chris Brown| Britney Spears| Christina Aguilera| Pimp C | Lindsay Lohan| Avril Lavigne| Hilary Duff| Nicole Scherzinger | Miley Cyrus | Jennifer Love Hewitt| Led Zeppelin | Bow Wow​

I love that Led Zeppelin is in there. Like walking into a kindergarten classroom and finding Gary Glitter playing Twister with the kids.

By the way, what do you call your album if you're Pimp C? Pimpalation, natch.

Blender notes Pimp C's misogyny with enthusiastic approval, applauding him for pronouncing the word "bitch" as if it were "an art form unto itself" but, understandably, the reviewer was rather crestfallen by Pimp C's "inexplicable" avoidance of rapping about his prison time. Of what beautiful poetry has Pimp C deprived the world, one might ask, by his feckless refusal to document, with painstaking artistry, his incarceration in Texas for a parole violation? We'll have to hold out hope that Pimp C's melodious, "slow-banging" hatred of women will scale new heights on his next effort-- Pimposity, perhaps? Pimpacious? Pimp Of The Perverse Vol. II: Pimpocalypse Now?

Last edited:
Sweet but 13,5? That's like a lift stuck between two floors.

Also, the cover of Patti Smith's Easter is a photo by Lynn Goldsmith.

so hang on - first they forget him completely

then they remember him and decide to stick him up at 13.5 (!!) ahead of Paul Mcartney and David Bowie and Freddie Mercury - bizarre.

I am not saying he shouldnt be ahead of those guys - he clearly should - but if Blender think that too how the hell did they forget him in the first place???

Pathetic.

Tags
blender genius morrissey
Back
Top Bottom