Bona Drag - which position will it enter the UK chart?

Where do you think BD will enter the UK chart this Sunday?

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • 2-5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-15

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • 16-20

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • 21-30

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • 31-40

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • lower than 40

Votes: 11 29.7%

• Total voters

Maurice E

It's bound to do better than the Southpaw and Mala reissues (being a billion times better, and also having more publicity - there are adverts all over the press) but how well do you expect it to fare?

I'm plumping for ... 17.

It's bound to do better than the Southpaw and Mala reissues (being a billion times better, and also having more publicity - there are adverts all over the press) but how well do you expect it to fare?

I'm plumping for ... 17.

I hope so!! I'd say at least top 40

I'm plumping for ... 17.

Sorry, but that's insane! Bowie's classic Station to Station was re-releases last week, in 3 formats, with tons of publicity, and entered the charts at 26 on some 7,000 sales. It would b ridiculous to expect Bona Drag to out-perform that.

Top 40 would be a huge success.
I'm predicting 42.

I voted 31-to-40 because in the words of the current pop laureate occupying my head...

I don't know when it started, stop buying your albums from the supermarket. They only sell records that have charted, and Art Brut, we've only just started

I spent a few fruitless moments scouring the chav centres in absolute despair of not being able to obtain it. That alone, besides whether my hometown has actually been made aware of what music is, would lead me to assume that not only will it not be selling, it's not being sold in establishments where you might expect to find/fight find the masses.

I hate that after You Are the Quarry and the minor blip that allowed at least 3Greatest Hits CDs find their way in, he's been continually and completely obliterated from the mainstream.

As others had said, even finding the single in HMV was a stretch of anyone's imagination. So Amazon it is. And the art of buying music dies out once again.

Sorry Morrissey but as much as you might try, unless you bow down to what is seen as being current music, you're in for a long winter.

They did however have Carl Barât's solo effort. Which I didn't buy.

Sorry, but that's insane! Bowie's classic Station to Station was re-releases last week, in 3 formats, with tons of publicity, and entered the charts at 26 on some 7,000 sales. It would b ridiculous to expect Bona Drag to out-perform that.

Top 40 would be a huge success.
I'm predicting 42.

didn't the Southpaw reissue make the top 30? I checked Wikipedia but couldn't find the placing.
I was basically assuming that Bona Drag would be about 10 places higher than Southpaw Grammar, so please adjust my prediction accordingly!

BTW I never heard about Station to Station being re-issued. haven't seen any ads in the press...

didn't the Southpaw reissue make the top 30? I checked Wikipedia but couldn't find the placing.
I was basically assuming that Bona Drag would be about 10 places higher than Southpaw Grammar, so please adjust my prediction accordingly!

BTW I never heard about Station to Station being re-issued. haven't seen any ads in the press...

No, it didn't, SG re-entered at 63, Maladjusted didn't chart.
Swords entered at 55, on 4000 sales.

I'm expecting Bona Drag to do slightly better, as the new songs are truly outstanding, but top 40 for a re-issue would be a huge success.

No, it didn't, SG re-entered at 63, Maladjusted didn't chart.
Swords entered at 55, on 4000 sales.

I'm expecting Bona Drag to do slightly better, as the new songs are truly outstanding, but top 40 for a re-issue would be a huge success.

oh, whoops. didn't realise Southpaw entered at such a low level.
in that case, a top 40 placing for Bona would indeed be viewed as a success, and hopefully stop Morrissey going in an even bigger strop than he's currently in!

Swords only sold 4000 copies?
bloody hell!! :mad:

I refused to buy it strictly because of that wretched album cover :barf:

hahaha, but doesnt the booklet (back) cover more than make up for the 'shitting in woods' cover?

I know you all are talking about UK.
But it might sell in the US if it were actually available on iTunes as a pre-order. One would have to wonder if it will even be available (iTunes) at this point.

They didn't even bother trying to sell the EILS single. Jerks.

I say 29.

in the first week. will have sold quite a few mroe since then although not vast amounts - maybe 10,000-20,000...

ahh thanks, I realised that might be the case after id posted! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom