Boston, MA - Boston Opera House (June 7, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / You Have Killed Me / Certain People I Know / Ganglord / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / The Bullfighter Dies / Trouble Loves Me / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Life Is A Pigsty / Istanbul / Yes, I Am Blind / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Meat Is Murder / Speedway // Asleep / First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by FROSTY.

• Show Scenes: Morrissey at Boston Opera House by Ben Stas (25 photos total) - BDCwire. Link posted by intlplayboy / tumblr.

boston.jpg
  • Morrissey closes the deal by James Reed - The Boston Globe
  • Posted by Harsh Truth: "Backdrop during the walk-on and "The Queen Is Dead" in Boston."

IMG_0607.JPG

Source image posted by docinwestchester:

tqid.png

Last edited:
Didn't think he watched the golden girls. It was strange and most people didn't know what the hell he was talking about. He looks about 20lbs lighter in person than in photographs, and I'm not sure if previous photos were doctored or he had something done but he bowed several times and there is not a hint of a bald spot.

Three parts to the show...a glorious beginning led by the drumming of Matthew Walker, who was the star of the show - Queen is Dead was phenomenal. Ganglord is so much better live, my goodness. And then....the show went into a stall. 90% of the crowd was sitting by World Peace...at it wasn't their fault. Those middle songs are a) slower, and b) generally unknown - album's not out yet. To see two replaced with something else - Hand In Glove, Everyday Is Like Sunday -- songs the band already does would have brought the people up a bit.
After Meat is Murder, a song I do not usually enjoy, but did tonight for its unfailing passion, the crowd was back up for the final three.

Didn't think he watched the golden girls. It was strange and most people didn't know what the hell he was talking about. He looks about 20lbs lighter in person than in photographs, and I'm not sure if previous photos were doctored or he had something done but he bowed several times and there is not a hint of a bald spot.

My hair is on the way out, at the tender age of 28. Some days it behaves itself and looks ok and others it's enough to jump in front of a train. I'm doing some research work and there are CCTV cameras involved, some days from the top is much worse than others. I imagine Moz is the same. If he wanted to get work done to it he could improve it a hell of a lot more and consistently so.

Hahaha. Kristeen Young kicked off the tour. Next show, he debuts Kick The Bride Down The Aisle live. Classic Moz.

Queen is dead as opener, nice dig at the bitch that hijacked d-day celebrations , how low will this royale family stoop.
Sounds like a great gig : ))

The Golden Girls were one of Morrissey's favourite sitcoms.

Previous pics weren't doctored -he *did* have a bald patch at the back. You can see it in various Youtube videos up until 2011, where it was mighty prominent. He must've had procedure/s since; there's no other explaination, considering the fullness where there was literally no hair.

I've seen him IRL many times and there was no special effects used on his hair. None of that spray on bs others have mentioned. He's def had a procedure. And who could blame him, his hair is a part of his image after all! :)

Opens with Queen is Dead, then sings Kick the Bride Down the Aisle!

So, no jabs at KY then! :p

Funny how KY & TV still continue to bitch about Moz on FB, only quickly to delete it. I wonder why they're still playing that game?? Trying to get back in Morrissey's good books, eh? …There are these things called screenshots, yanno...

Not that I took one. There are others on here who think of these things before I do :D

Speaking of Solo posters… Some bitch & moan about KY here & then I see those very same posters kiss her ass on Facebook, &/or hate on Moz for kicking her off the tour!! I don't know if said posters think people won't recognise their names or are just plain daft..*eyeroll*

IMG_0607.JPG

Backdrop during the walk-on and "The Queen Is Dead" in Boston. Sorry it's a crap photo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Opens with Queen is Dead, then sings Kick the Bride Down the Aisle!

So, no jabs at KY then! :p

Funny how KY & TV still continue to bitch about Moz on FB, only quickly to delete it. I wonder why they're still playing that game?? Trying to get back in Morrissey's good books, eh? …There are these things called screenshots, yanno...

Not that I took one. There are others on here who think of these things before I do :D

Speaking of Solo posters… Some bitch & moan about KY here & then I see those very same posters kiss her ass on Facebook, &/or hate on Moz for kicking her off the tour!! I don't know if said posters think people won't recognise their names or are just plain daft..*eyeroll*

What have KY and TV said on Facebook?

Three parts to the show...a glorious beginning led by the drumming of Matthew Walker, who was the star of the show - Queen is Dead was phenomenal. Ganglord is so much better live, my goodness. And then....the show went into a stall. 90% of the crowd was sitting by World Peace...at it wasn't their fault. Those middle songs are a) slower, and b) generally unknown - album's not out yet. To see two replaced with something else - Hand In Glove, Everyday Is Like Sunday -- songs the band already does would have brought the people up a bit.
After Meat is Murder, a song I do not usually enjoy, but did tonight for its unfailing passion, the crowd was back up for the final three.

Agree 100%. It would have been a matter of 2 songs changes mid-set to make this a truly spectacular show. The two you mentioned would have been good, or any number of the lesser-played songs on this tour. There was definitely a mid-set lull. Not saying that the songs weren't good (and sung and played superbly), but the set was just lacking "oomph" for a good 6-7 song run. I was thinking to myself "I can't believe that I'm wishing for 'All You Need is Me' right now".

I agree. There was too many new songs played, too many slow songs. Nobody was really dancing and I don't know if he noticed. The stage invader got on twice, and the second time he grabbed Moz's head and was then tackled by security. Asshole.

Some drunk asshole complained after that he didn't hear Suedehead(lol) and two mild fans I was with complained they wanted to hear older songs. I had a great time and his voice sounded beautiful.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom