Boston, MA - Boston Opera House (June 7, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / You Have Killed Me / Certain People I Know / Ganglord / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / The Bullfighter Dies / Trouble Loves Me / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Life Is A Pigsty / Istanbul / Yes, I Am Blind / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Meat Is Murder / Speedway // Asleep / First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by FROSTY.

• Show Scenes: Morrissey at Boston Opera House by Ben Stas (25 photos total) - BDCwire. Link posted by intlplayboy / tumblr.

boston.jpg
  • Morrissey closes the deal by James Reed - The Boston Globe
  • Posted by Harsh Truth: "Backdrop during the walk-on and "The Queen Is Dead" in Boston."

IMG_0607.JPG

Source image posted by docinwestchester:

tqid.png

Last edited:
Did anyone take a photo of the shirt toss? He looked really good.

You are very lucky that the "virus" did not get in the way of the show in your city.

Peaches1, I understand and share your disappointment. But not your bitterness. The first time Morrissey fell ill for me was Madison Square Garden, New York - that was a long way for us to travel from home in the UK. Swindon stage collapse and the Camden Roundhouse weekend cancellation... And Denver and Dallas last year...

But still we came back again this year - for Atlanta! And Atlantic City!

Disaster.

Still determined, we bought tickets on Stubhub, rented a car, drove to Boston, and saw a superb gig with Morrissey on amazing form.

And got an extra reward...

Screenshot 2014-06-09 at 22.37.53.png

(It reeks of Incense Avignon and I am way too fat for it.)

Don't lose faith.

Peaches1, I understand and share your disappointment. But not your bitterness. The first time Morrissey fell ill for me was Madison Square Garden, New York - that was a long way for us to travel from home in the UK. Swindon stage collapse and the Camden Roundhouse weekend cancellation... And Denver and Dallas last year...

Disaster.

Still determined, we bought tickets on Stubhub, rented a car, drove to Boston, and saw a superb gig with Morrissey on amazing form.

View attachment 31939

Don't lose faith.

Size/label? Does he bathe in Incense Avignon?

Boston fans may see this as a bit off-topic but I was one of the very lucky ones who had tickets to see him in Atlanta when he had his "virus". So nice to wake up to hear that the concert you were so excited to attend that day was cancelled. I thought he would maybe do our show because he hasn't cancelled any shows on this tour...until Atlanta. Isn't that just PEACHY? Glad he is now fully recovered and other fans got to enjoy a spectacular Morrissey show. Never had the opportunity to see him live. I give up. I would be skeptical of even buying tickets in another city because it is anyone's guess if he gets a virus or whatever again. It is like having a friend that ALWAYS cancels on you...the friendship may not last long. I have absolutely NO interest in listening to his music, especially the new material. You would likely feel the same way if your show was cancelled too.

I also have been dismayed. I cannot walk away, though. Some message directly from him-TTY-would have gone a long way. If our concert is the only lost one, it is just wrong.

Disaster.

View attachment 31939

Don't lose faith.

Good for you!

Congrats to you! How'd you get it in one piece?!

Disaster.

View attachment 31939

Don't lose faith.

Disaster.

View attachment 31939

Don't lose faith.

Wowwwwww Moz's shirttttttttttt so cooooooooolllllll, so lucky :)

Rippy

Disaster.

View attachment 31939

Don't lose faith.

Dayuuum! :clap:

The Golden Girls were one of Morrissey's favourite sitcoms.

Previous pics weren't doctored -he *did* have a bald patch at the back. You can see it in various Youtube videos up until 2011, where it was mighty prominent. He must've had procedure/s since; there's no other explaination, considering the fullness where there was literally no hair.

I've seen him IRL many times and there was no special effects used on his hair. None of that spray on bs others have mentioned. He's def had a procedure. And who could blame him, his hair is a part of his image after all! :)

I think he's using a spray concealer or colored keratin fibres to cover his bald spot. Many men use that stuff and you'd never know because it does a very good cover-up job.

Wouldn't the spray run down his head when he sweats?

I was about 19 rows back. I noticed the excessive water drinking but not the coughing. Can you see it on any of the video that came out?

KICK THE BRIDE DOWN THE AISLE is
just fantastic.

This will be remembered as one of his greatest songs, just like
ISTANBUL. And a few others....

Oh, that brought a smile to my face.
What a lovely song. What an amazing musical arrangement.

Morrissey IS back. Go stick it to em and keep the faith, as many of you
have kept the faith through the good times and the bad times and the good times and the bad times and now the good times, all over again. You see, whatever happens Morrissey is there, pushing, prodding, entertaining and making you
think, time and time again.

Thank god he took a rest after the last tour and is now looking after himself.

Hazard

He played the whole show in the black shirt and when he came out for the encore in that I knew it was coming off. What a a glorious evening.

I'm still curious about the specifics of the shirt!

It's now in my suitcase on the way back to the UK :)

We were in the pit, everyone distracted by the chaos of people trying to rush the stage and security to my right, so when Moz threw the shirt I stood up on the seats and grabbed it out of the air and stuffed it down my trousers (!). Only one guy saw me do that. He tried to grab for it but a quick "GET THE f*** OFF!" made him back off lol

We Went to the Beantown pub after and they we playing lots of Morrissey on the jukebox. Perfect setting for the reveal to my girlfriend.

There is no label in the shirt, it's very thick material, the zip is broken... Careless Moz ;-)

I'll post more pics when we get home.

Happy times

It's now in my suitcase on the way back to the UK :)

We were in the pit, everyone distracted by the chaos of people trying to rush the stage and security to my right, so when Moz threw the shirt I stood up on the seats and grabbed it out of the air and stuffed it down my trousers (!). Only one guy saw me do that. He tried to grab for it but a quick "GET THE f*** OFF!" made him back off lol

We Went to the Beantown pub after and they we playing lots of Morrissey on the jukebox. Perfect setting for the reveal to my girlfriend.

There is no label in the shirt, it's very thick material, the zip is broken... Careless Moz ;-)

I'll post more pics when we get home.

Happy times

Please do!

Back
Top Bottom