Boston, MA - Boston Opera House (June 7, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / You Have Killed Me / Certain People I Know / Ganglord / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / The Bullfighter Dies / Trouble Loves Me / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Life Is A Pigsty / Istanbul / Yes, I Am Blind / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Meat Is Murder / Speedway // Asleep / First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by FROSTY.

• Show Scenes: Morrissey at Boston Opera House by Ben Stas (25 photos total) - BDCwire. Link posted by intlplayboy / tumblr.

boston.jpg
  • Morrissey closes the deal by James Reed - The Boston Globe
  • Posted by Harsh Truth: "Backdrop during the walk-on and "The Queen Is Dead" in Boston."

IMG_0607.JPG

Source image posted by docinwestchester:

tqid.png

Last edited:
Hahaha. Kristeen Young kicked off the tour. Next show, he debuts Kick The Bride Down The Aisle live. Classic Moz.

LOL Seriously, you Kristeen bashers need t get a life. You really think he's thinking about her as much as you guys do? He's still performing two songs in concert where he pipes her vocals in. If he were as upset about her as you guys are (only a psychiatrist can explain why) he wouldn't do these songs.

Morrissey was fantastic last night. Roaring TQISD opener. Very chatty and happy. He said he was interested in Boston's history so he picked up a brochure. He told us it read that Boston is home to the world's smallest suspension bridge.. in which he grumbled and tore it to pieces. Backdrop changed to stained glass during Kick the Bride Down the Aisle. Musically, very interesting. Lyrically, guessing its his comedic song for the album. Bullfighter and Istanbul were highlights.The Boston crowd was much better than in 2012. The rest from the "virus" must have paid off. Moz loved Boston and his new KY free tour.

Last edited:
Couldn't have asked for a better show in my hometown. queen is dead surprise opener. Very strong front loaded set. The middle did wane for those who don't know the songs but by now I'd seen the new songs five times and listened to them more so I could enjoy them rather than sit because I was clueless. Trouble Loves me continues to impress me, as does Yes I am Blind. His range shows through on both.

I don't think Queen is Dead was any reference to KY at all but rather the real queen and her antics this week. The only obvious reference to what went on this week with KY was changing Visconti to Fellini in You Have Killed Me.

Since we saw them in Texas Matts gotten an extended outro on Speedway and First of the Gang seems longer once moz leaves the stage (or it may have seemed like it since he left after a shirt toss and didn't shake hands). Onward for us to Brooklyn and AC...can't wait to see how this evolves as he adds new songs.

Morrissey was fantastic last night. Roaring TQISD opener. Very chatty and happy. He said he was interested in Boston's history so he picked up a brochure. He told us it read that Boston is home to the world's smallest suspension bridge.. in which he grumbled and tore it to pieces. Backdrop changed to stained glass during Kick the Bride Down the Aisle. Musically, very interesting. Lyrically, guessing its his comedic song for the album. Bullfighter and Istanbul were highlights. WPINOYB followed by To Give was a generous piss break. The Boston crowd was much better than in 2012. The rest from the "virus" must have paid off. Moz loved Boston and his new KY free tour. A few KY digs, starting during the video set. (A screengrab of the wicked witch from Wiz of Oz with "Ding-Dong the Witch is Dead" playing behind it.) FOTGTD encore with maybe 2 stage invaders? One was pretty aggressively choked. Second shirt toss of the tour! He's back.
"Ding-Dong the Witch is Dead" has been there since the beginning of the tour so not a KY dig (unless he changed to her face from Margaret Thatcher's), and there have been several shirt tosses already (Memphis, Nashville, Miami that I can remember, but I think there have been more, Beaumont?).

A few KY digs, starting during the video set. (A screengrab of the wicked witch from Wiz of Oz with "Ding-Dong the Witch is Dead" playing behind it.)

These are not "digs", they have been there for the tour. But do keep living in fantasyland. the weather must be something else.

"Ding-Dong the Witch is Dead" has been there since the beginning of the tour so not a KY dig (unless he changed to her face from Margaret Thatcher's), and there have been several shirt tosses already (Memphis, Nashville, Miami that I can remember, but I think there have been more, Beaumont?).

Thanks for the clarification. (first show of tour) seemed timely!

I don't think Queen is Dead was any reference to KY at all but rather the real queen and her antics this week. The only obvious reference to what went on this week with KY was changing Visconti to Fellini in You Have Killed Me.

Good spot!

Entrance and QID has surfaced on youtube.
http://youtu.be/MtDBSbqEu-8
I really liked the Asleep with more instrumentation.
His voice was sublime.
Regards,
FWD
(Was security tight there? Not the usual amount of videos or pictures as per previous gigs).

His voice was sublime.
Regards,
FWD
(Was security tight there? Not the usual amount of videos or pictures as per previous gigs).

OMG BOSTON why are you so f***ing lucky? Also why is the crowd in front not going BANANAS? That would be pretty epic to see.

His voice was sublime.
Regards,
FWD

Thanks for posting the link, FWD.

I hope QID stays on the set list. It's such a shot of adrenaline.

Security was extremely tight. Venue security continuously yelled at people for taking videos. When I saw the queen go up on the screen I knew we were in for a treat.

His voice was sublime.
Regards,
FWD

Thank Gaawwdd for the main man Morrissey. I would die happy if i witnessed that performance of The Queen is Dead in Boston
- a destination for Irish immigrants ( including some of my ancestors ) in the oldem days. The British Royal Family are unloved & unneeded in this day & age, plus they love killing beautiful animals in the name of sport? Excuse me BUT are they not vile & self obsessed people - just look at their history? The world would be a better place without them. Morrissey's backdrop in Boston was vey apt! Do not bother replying, i am not open for debate. Goodnightx

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom