Breaking up. The hardest thing to do?

Virgil Tracy

Good Evening West 'am!
ending relationships - especially with someone you love is the hardest thing to do in my opinion. But sometimes the thing that makes me sad (or even feel sick) is the thought of said person with someone else, am I the only one who feels like this?

P.S I feel very sad at the moment (listening to Trouble Loves Me a lot)

Are you about to break up with someone?

ending relationships - especially with someone you love is the hardest thing to do in my opinion. But sometimes the thing that makes me sad (or even feel sick) is the thought of said person with someone else, am I the only one who feels like this?

if it makes you this sad then perhaps breaking up is not the answer?!

Are you trying to break up with some you love or someone you are in love with?

If it is the first one, then you need to be honest and do it BECAUSE you love them. If it is the second one, we need a lot more details.

you have my number;)

Are you trying to break up with some you love or someone you are in love with?

If it is the first one, then you need to be honest and do it BECAUSE you love them. If it is the second one, we need a lot more details.

Don't really want to go into to much detail but it was a long relationship that ended recently and I guess I'm just confused. It was the same old story, head over heals in love, then just love etc but the thought of letting her go kills me. I know I'm being selfish, but thinking of her with someone else kills me - just hoped I wasn't alone in feeling this......

you have my number

Do you do relationship advice as well as tickets?

I am in a similar situation myself, I have to move away in one month and he wont be coming with, so we have agreed that breaking up is probably best for now.

The thought of him meeting new girls or falling in love with someone else makes me feel really awful, and the idea that that new person could occupy the same emotional and physical space in his life, feels :sick:.
In the apartment that I painted and sleeping in the sheets I bought, living in the place that was our home.

I think its harder coping with someone knowing you more than yourself in some cases then losing them.

Don't really want to go into to much detail but it was a long relationship that ended recently and I guess I'm just confused. It was the same old story, head over heals in love, then just love etc but the thought of letting her go kills me. I know I'm being selfish, but thinking of her with someone else kills me - just hoped I wasn't alone in feeling this......

It's not easy, especially when you are unsure...

I read this story recently.
FR Stockton wrote

The semi-barbaric King of an ancient land utilized an unusual form of administering justice for offenders in his kingdom. The offender would be placed in an arena where his only way out would be to go through one of two doors. Behind one door was a beautiful woman hand-picked by the king and behind the other was a fierce tiger. The offender was then asked to pick one of the doors, without knowing what was behind it. If he picked the door with the woman behind it, then he was declared innocent but was also required to marry the woman, regardless of previous marital status. If he picked the door with the tiger behind it, though, then he was deemed guilty and the tiger would rip him to pieces.

One day the king found that his daughter, the princess, had taken a lover far beneath her station. The king could not allow this and so he threw the offender in prison and set a date for his trial in the arena. On the day of his trial the suitor looked to the princess for some indication of which door to pick. The princess did, in fact, know which door concealed the woman and which one the tiger, but was faced with a conundrum - if she indicated the door with the tiger, then the man she loved would be killed on the spot; however, if she indicated the door with the lady, her lover would be forced to marry another woman, a woman that the princess deeply hated and believed her lover has flirted with. Finally she did indicate a door, which the suitor then opened.

At this point the question is posed to the reader, "Did the tiger come out of that door, or did the lady?" The question is not answered, and is left as a thought experiment regarding human nature.

Is it that you wish to be free to find greater happiness with another, but you wish your ex's happiness to depend on you?

Sir, it will hurt thinking of them with someone else. If it didn't, it would mean that you didn't care for them at all. But they have their life and it's unfair to restrain them from it; as you desire to live yours independantly.

The pain goes away, along with the acceptance that you won't be last person in their life that they'd ever have feelings for. Whisper it quietly, but sometimes it's quite good to see them happy again, and to know you aren't the cause of their pain.

Besides, guys don't take too kindly to girls who spill pints all over them :p

Sir, it will hurt thinking of them with someone else. If it didn't, it would mean that you didn't care for them at all.

Would it? :rolleyes:

I did feel that pain before, but even at the time I knew it had more to do with ego than with love.

Would it? :rolleyes:

I did feel that pain before, but even at the time I knew it had more to do with ego than with love.

Well, of course ego is a part of it. Has anyone successfully separated their ego with their love life?

But I wouldn't say ego was the main part of it. Imagine knowing that she was with a fool of a guy that had a reputation of using women and hurting them. Would you say it's your ego talking when you feel unhappy that they are with them? It wouldn't be my ego talking if I knew they were in the wrong arms - but I accept it would be my ego talking if they were in anyone's arms.

Well, of course ego is a part of it. Has anyone successfully separated their ego with their love life?

But I wouldn't say ego was the main part of it. Imagine knowing that she was with a fool of a guy that had a reputation of using women and hurting them. Would you say it's your ego talking when you feel unhappy that they are with them? It wouldn't be my ego talking if I knew they were in the wrong arms - but I accept it would be my ego talking if they were in anyone's arms.

As far as I understand, we are talking here about the later.

It's prefrable to imagine your ex with someone else after you've split, than getting paranoid when you're together..

Back
Top Bottom