Brexit

Also a nice article from financial times about why the public at large stopped listening to Economists

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/money...ped-paying-attention-to-economists/ar-AAhIiQm

Hey f***face, it's not an article from The Financial Times. It's msn/"fiscal times" so somewhat misleading.

And what's with the constant posting of links? Why don't you speak for yourself instead of copypasting. If we want to know what various newspapers say about Brexit we know where to look. You really are an annoying prick.

Hey f***face, it's not an article from The Financial Times. It's msn/"fiscal times" so somewhat misleading.

And what's with the constant posting of links? Why don't you speak for yourself instead of copypasting. If we want to know what various newspapers say about Brexit we know where to look. You really are an annoying prick.

And wow you seem childish. I think those people are better at what they do than I would be. They spend more time on it and there education is probably centered somewhat around what they're speaking on. It condenses facts and information that would take me more time than I have. They also say the information in a way that would take more time than I have to regurgitate it. They have more resources and sources than I. They have more time to analyze info. It informs the formation of my opinion. Are you really asking why do people read news or are you just being angry and upset. The posting of an article can also be a conversation starter. It introduces a topic from a reliable source and people can say if they disagree or agree and why though here a lot of people leave out the why bit. The posting of an article isn't a way for me to say this is absolute fact and I agree with everything they are saying but most articles are something I tend to in some way agree with and find useful to the conversation the threads based around

Sorry to mislead you on the name of the article. Hope you recover from that. Good luck

LAUGH OUT LOUD ! :laughing::rofl::popcorn:

Steven you stupid CrankFraud !

We're up to 8 pages of debate on the topic of Brexit and YOU ! You dumb 4K have gone AWOL just like you did when Bowie passed away.
Your a laughing stock nowadays ! A 4kin clown !

It should be renamed MOZXIT :clap:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

LAUGH OUT LOUD ! :laughing::rofl::popcorn:

Steven you stupid CrankFraud !

We're up to 8 pages of debate on the topic of Brexit and YOU ! You dumb 4K have gone AWOL just like you did when Bowie passed away.
Your a laughing stock nowadays ! A 4kin clown !

It should be renamed MOZXIT :clap:

"Each time you vote, you support the process"

Not this time, mt8! Can you imagine how ridiculous he will appear if he ever sings this again? He became part of the Establishment posing as a Rebel but now he's been Beclowned. It's just another thing to celebrate! #MOZXIT ? Morrissey parted company with consensual reality as a teenager. He won the NME/MelodyMaker/Sounds version of X-Factor UK, had a great 5 years as 1/4th The Smiths collective then spend decades as a tragi-comic tribute act to The Smiths. But it's fun to watch his clown-arse demise. I'm looking forward to the next episode as he's genuinely hilarious.

"Each time you vote, you support the process"

Not this time, mt8! Can you imagine how ridiculous he will appear if he ever sings this again? He became part of the Establishment posing as a Rebel but now he's been Beclowned. It's just another thing to celebrate! #MOZXIT ?

Obviously, whatever it is Morrissey thinks about politics, we can safely assume it is wrong. But you're deluded if you think what just happened is some sort of people's rebellion against "the system". Whether you voted leave or remain, you didn't exercise any actual power, you just got forced into playing a bit-part in an gigantic establishment f***-up. A pissing contest among a punch of slimy, lying public schoolboys, none of whom believed anything they were saying to us. The joke's on us, and we walk away with less than nothing.

I'm NOT a fan of Nigels at all.
But I have to say he's never changed his tune in years.
And this really is quite amusing.

I know what you mean because I follow your opinions and I respect them. But he shoudn't laugh at all, because he is responsible for the future of millions, he should swallow the laugh and the pride.
When the former president of my country insulted Obama during a speech at UN she was very happy, but later the country was declared in default by a US judge and millions of people suffered the consequences of that kind of stupid and selfish satisfaction.

I know what you mean because I follow your opinions and I respect them. But he shoudn't laugh at all, because he is responsible for the future of millions, he should swallow the laugh and the pride.
When the former president of my country insulted Obama during a speech at UN she was very happy, but later the country was declared in default by a US judge and millions of people suffered the consequences of that kind of stupid and selfish satisfaction.
Actually Nigel is not responsible for millions of people futures.
He has a point of view which has been more or less the same for years.
He has a style of presentation that appeals to lots of people.
He's the leader of a small political party (maybe 50,000 members) whose main policy has always been to take the UK out of the EU.
He was a Tory(conservative) at one time
I'm not sure how many people he represents.
His party got over Two million votes at the last General Election but because of the system the party only have one MP.
He was elected as a member of the European parliament (MEP)on the manifesto of leaving for the south east of England.
It's all here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Farage

It's always good to know a persons history if you're going to criticize in any way.

The clue is in the name of his party United Kingdom Independence party.
He has fought on the same platform for years and years.
As to the rest of your post.
I don't know what you're talking about.
Please provide more detail.
Then we can all see the comparison and make our minds up whether it's valid or not.

I couldn't stop crying with laughter watching him have his moment on the news last night.
Absolutely priceless speech if only Cameron and others could have shown the same kind of passion.
Loved his delivery of ' your not laughing now are you ', it was like the bullied kid at school had turned up at the reunion as the terminator. And his little Union flag :greatbritain: flying on his desk ! L O L :laughing:

Actually Nigel is not responsible for millions of people futures.
He has a point of view which has been more or less the same for years.
He has a style of presentation that appeals to lots of people.
He's the leader of a small political party (maybe 50,000 members) whose main policy has always been to take the UK out of the EU.
He was a Tory(conservative) at one time
I'm not sure how many people he represents.
His party got over Two million votes at the last General Election but because of the system the party only have one MP.
He was elected as a member of the European parliament (MEP)on the manifesto of leaving for the south east of England.
It's all here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Farage

It's always good to know a persons history if you're going to criticize in any way.

The clue is in the name of his party United Kingdom Independence party.
He has fought on the same platform for years and years.
As to the rest of your post.
I don't know what you're talking about.
Please provide more detail.
Then we can all see the comparison and make our minds up whether it's valid or not.

Farage was one of the sponsors of out during the referendum, so he is responsible for the vote of millions. He even showed a lot of data about EU which helped a lot of people to decide
Sorry I don't have time to explain the rest of my post now

Farage was one of the sponsors of out during the referendum, so he is responsible for the vote of millions. He even showed a lot of data about EU which helped a lot of people to decide
Sorry I don't have time to explain the rest of my post now

Voters are responsible for themselves. They hear info from many sources but they decide for themselves.

On another note I like the way mal structures his posts list like one point to the other. It's interesting

On another note I like the way mal structures his posts list like one point to the other. It's interesting
Well that's kind of you to say so.
I try to be fair and reasoned most of the time.
It's difficult of course.
I just always keep a thought in my head.
Something my late father taught me.
"Opinions are like arse holes"
Everybody has them.
Unfortunately the reverse is just as true.
Arse holes have them as well.:):)

I do so hate saying I told you so but.
I told you so.

"The FTSE 100 has surged through the level it closed at last Thursday, recovering all of the ground it had lost in the wake of the Brexit vote"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36660133

Sorry some of our overseas viewers might not get the link.
I for one don't think there are no troubles ahead.
Getting the right trade deals will be critical for the UK's economic future.
But try to always remember when analysing political events.
Who gains?
We've had all this and worst before.

I told you so.

"The FTSE 100 has surged through the level it closed at last Thursday, recovering all of the ground it had lost in the wake of the Brexit vote"

Who gains?

We had a rally today as well recovering over half of the initial loss. I expect it to go relatively up and down as events unfold but I'm not expecting the sky to fall. I feel like the e.u tried to much to be nation state like when it should have been a bit more like the opec or something such. More A trade alliance and not a government like structure with rules so rigid and difficult to adjust when needed. There are a lot of ways this situation could go I imagine. If Britain doesn't get acces they could start a campaigne to tempt other members not quite happy with the e.u agreements and form there own trade alliance block competing with the e.u members left. Not all members being equal they could tempt some of the larger ones. They could also if not allowed access to the market put pressure on the e.u by withholding security info as I'm guessing they provide a bit more than say Brussels. Either way I guess what I'm saying is that even of the e.u wants to take a quote unquote hard line with Britain they're not powerless to draw one back at them. It's hard to judge though as we're still in the grandstanding phase of things

I told you so.

Who gains?

It's good news about the FTSE 100, but it's made up of multinational companies, so what it is doing reflects how the market feels about the world economy more than the British economy. The FTSE 250 is a better guide for the UK, and it hasn't shown any signs of recovery. Neither has the pound. Considering that we're still only a few days in, and talking purely in terms of numbers, we actually haven't had worse than this in living memory. The immediate falls were worse than either 2008 or 1992.

As for "who gains?", if you can think of anyone, please let us in on the secret.

Voters are responsible for themselves. They hear info from many sources but they decide for themselves.

I agree with both ideas. Anyway, from outside it seems he is the major promoter of Brexit. He did his job, he did it unexpectedly successful, then... why the agressive speech if he already is out? Is he doing Uk political campaign in Brussels with the little flag in the desk? If he doesn't believe in EU, why was he there?
Edit: not only from the outside
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...el-farage-european-parliament-petty-rant-ukip

Last edited:
We had a rally today as well recovering over half of the initial loss. I expect it to go relatively up and down as events unfold but I'm not expecting the sky to fall. I feel like the e.u tried to much to be nation state like when it should have been a bit more like the opec or something such. More A trade alliance and not a government like structure with rules so rigid and difficult to adjust when needed. There are a lot of ways this situation could go I imagine. If Britain doesn't get acces they could start a campaigne to tempt other members not quite happy with the e.u agreements and form there own trade alliance block competing with the e.u members left. Not all members being equal they could tempt some of the larger ones. They could also if not allowed access to the market put pressure on the e.u by withholding security info as I'm guessing they provide a bit more than say Brussels. Either way I guess what I'm saying is that even of the e.u wants to take a quote unquote hard line with Britain they're not powerless to draw one back at them. It's hard to judge though as we're still in the grandstanding phase of things

UK is the 5th economy and USA is a natural ally

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/jun/28/rupert-murdoch-brexit-wonderful-donald-trump

He's got a good point, actually. Why aren't they laughing? Everyone I know thinks all of this is the funniest thing to happen since the ebola outbreak.

Back
Top Bottom